Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-02-2010, 03:58 PM #1387
Khephren

My sincerest apologies to you TheManHunter for not seeing your post in time.. Just to let everyone know..I've subscribed to this thread so I can get instant email notifications when a new post is made. It was stupid of me not to think of that before.. Anyway, don't hesitate to contact me whenever you have any questions or issues...and you call always get ahold of someone on the Facebook Fanpage.. just search for Qloader!

Josh.
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2010, 09:29 PM #1388
bushman7888

I dont know if anyone checks this but my qloader system is driving me insane. I got it used about a year ago and havent been able to use it at all because it doesnt work. I wind the pods up and load them with paint and then I go to use them in a game and non of them work in my sockets. At first i thought it was the socket cause i had a custom mounting socket so i bought a socket you my longbow cause i wanted it to also be a qbow. And they dont work in that socket either. I have 7 qpods and none of them work and its getting really frustrating and i would try just about anything to get it working if anyone has any suggestions. If anyone has any suggestions of questions about my problem to try and help me feel free to pm me with anything, even if you need some pictures to try to figure out whats wrong

Smart Parts SP8 - - - Ion Blackcell Longbow

WTB epiphany/eos parts especially a frame / pm me if you have one with pictures and prices.
bushman7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:24 AM #1389
Syphorus

Have you tested to see if the qpods release paintballs when inserted into the socket? I always test for this when the day before going to play. If the loader isn't unwinding then there is a problem with the retaining nut at the bottom of the spring.

Pull the spring out of the pod. Compress the spring and locate the nut make sure it moves smoothly when turned. Now screw the nut toward the top of the spring. Make sure it's not tightened. Complete the prewinds for the spring and and then release the spring down to engage the nut.

Reassemble the pod and try to load and unwind paintballs by simply pressing the release on the top of the pod.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:56 AM #1390
bushman7888

I think I know the answer but which way do you prewind the springs? It's clockwise 12-16 turns correct

WTB epiphany/eos parts especially a frame / pm me if you have one with pictures and prices.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:59 AM #1391
Syphorus

Prewinds are clockwise.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:59 AM #1392
bushman7888

Ok I noticed on one of my pods, the one I've been messing with that the ratcheting section on the top doesn't contact the cap like I think it should

Old 11-25-2010, 08:10 AM #1393
Syphorus

Best thing to do is make sure the cap activates the pod and the balls release through the cap properly. If the pod is in proper order then you are likely not locking the pod properly into the socket or the socket is slightly defective.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:26 PM #1394
bushman7888

Alright so i think all of my problems were user error in reassembling the qpods. i was examining my q pods and they did seem right so i took one apart and noticed the spring motor was pressed in kinda far so i decided to not put it in so far and try that and it worked like magic. so i did it to my other qpods and and they all seem to work now, its a miracle. Thank you Syphorus for helping me and giving me some ideas to check. hopefully now i can finally use it properly in a game... as soon as i find my last missing qpod lol

Old 11-25-2010, 07:03 PM #1395
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
can you just mount it to the feed tube, just the way you would mount a hopper to the feedtube?

trying to do it for my cocker but been a bit lazy.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 PM #1396
bushman7888

ive seen people do it but i dont know if its just a simple as plug and play

Old 11-30-2010, 12:38 AM #1397
jvtech
HazMat from Black List

I've had my Q-Loader since April 2007 and use it a lot. Use to have issues with the QPod until I was sent some better center spiral parts. I've had to replace the Custom Mounting Socket a few time and am still having the issues. Seems it cracks on the black plastic part. It works for about 6-8 months than it cracks. It got so bad I had purchase two of them to alternate them out. Now they are all crack. Am I the only one with this issues? Also some of the pod caps are starting to crack. Not sure if it's the age of the plastic or stress.

I still like it a lot. Have to use a hopper on this next game until I can sent in the parts to be replaced. It's been over three years since I've used a hopper other than using it to load my qpods...

Last edited by jvtech : 11-30-2010 at 12:54 AM.
jvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:49 PM #1398
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
My circle plate has cracked as well, but i superglued it b4 the crack got too bad. Two of my pods have hairline cracks in a spiral down the pod but are not all the way through it. One of them I noticed after my pod was hit. Not shure if that is what caused it or if it was there before.
Quick question: If balls are having trouble beeing fed to my marker, as in I must move (shake) the connecting tube when it gets stuck so balls will load. Is my tube too long/short or do I have too many/few prewinds in my qpod? The balls tend to dent each other when my gun gets (jammed).
KSUPBC #22
Proud Vanguard Demon owner
Proud Vanguard Creed owner
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 PM #1399
Syphorus

I've noticed that the CMS tends to crack. I've had my fair share of broken CMS'. This is due to the torque on the socket when you use the socket so it's going to happen alot. I really have no solution to this other than having another point at which the socket can rest so that the sheer weight isn't solely on the bracket.
I find if you are capable of making your socket directly feed into the chamber it helps with support and will crack less. I have this set up on my T9.1 so there are 2 points of support for the socket.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM #1400
the-epic-hamster

the-epic-hamster owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hey I'm going to order the 98custom mod kit. But I had a installation question. Since I have mil-sim mods on my 98 already, would that prevent or make installing this q-loader difficult?

I'll just state my mods.

Core m16 mag (RAP4)

RAP4 22 inch flute barrel/w shroud and UTG grip.

RAP4 top weaver rail, (slidespot.) /w UTG scope.

Do I need a picture up? I'll try but this photo thing really doesn't like me. lol.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:35 PM #1401
Syphorus

the 98 custom mod kit mounts on the trigger guard if i'm not mistaken. So if nothing is in the way of the trigger guard or infront of it. You should have no issues.
My guess is the mag you have installed might get in the way.

An alternate solution for you would be to mount the Qloader on a weaver rail using the rail mount.
Syphorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 PM #1402
the-epic-hamster

the-epic-hamster owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
That was more of my question, is it possible to mount the 98 custom mod to a weaver? I have a shroud on the barrel that would make the perfect fit.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:09 PM #1403
cribbett123

Need help

Ok my issue is that when i have the pod engaged in the socket it feeds at first but then seems to stick. It only states feeding again when i smack the feeder
Can someone please help. I've got 15 pre winds in each pod and have cleaned and oiled each spring. I'm tinkering with the hose now to see if maybe it's kinking the balls
cribbett123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 PM #1404
Syphorus

Hamster - Sorry for the late reply. The qloader can be mounted on a rail. You need the rail mount that qloader sells. It can mount on any picatinny rail. All you would need is the( rail, maybe some tubing, and the 98 adapter. And the cms kit. Pretty sure u can use the 90 degree elbow as well.

Cribbett - the qpods are. Bit bore sensitive. The exit hole is. Out of box it has issues with old swollen paint or paint that is slightly imperfect or big bore paint. You can either shave down the opening a bit for smoother feed(make sure u shave it all the way around, doesn't have to be much, a millimeter of added diameter should make a huge difference or use smaller bore paint.

Last edited by Syphorus : 02-20-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Syphorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:05 PM #1405
nerve2030

OK i just got a q loader and a mag. i read the instructions and set it up as well as i can and the first maybe 75 balls feed flawlessly. the last 25 just stopped. i tried another pod same thing. i took the pod apart and reset the spring motor and prewound it 12 wounds. same thing. i thought the tube may be binding. i removed the socket and tube and just tried to let the last 25 "fall" out. they did not. im out of ideas HELP!!!
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 PM #1406
KalFalnal

Don't put extra winds on your spring motor. Put the normal 12-16 on.

The prewinding you want to do happens just before you load. You want to put your pod into your loading socket but before you rotate the pod to engage it you want to wind it about three times. Then engage as normal and load.

You can't fill the entire Q Pod with paintballs. Once you put some deadspace in the end with those pre loading winds you'll still fit approximately one hundred balls in there.

Post again if that was not clear.
KalFalnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:04 AM #1407
nerve2030

to be clear i nave 12 pre winds in the spring motor.

i tried doing exactly what you said. i inserted the pod untill the winding handle engaged wound it 3 times and then twisted the pod into the load position. I then preceded to fill the pod. the exact same thing happened. i noticed that if i removed the pod from the socket and used an allen key to depress spring motor stop the balls would FLY out of the pod, but when inserted into the socket it only lets maybe 2 balls out before getting "stuck" again.
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote