I got it when it came out as I noticed balls hanging in the front occasionally. For the $15 or whatever it was I figured why not. I do notice it working slightly but at the same point not really enough.
All comes down to the spring being very soft. Have read about one or two people removing the spring and adding an extra wind or two in it and it working far better and am thinking I am going to try the same soon.
I also considered before the ramp came out simply getting a small piece of high density foam and glueing in to the front if the tray and carving in down into a small ramp.
Will getting it hurt, no, will it change the spire 2 folds over, more than likely not. Coming from rotors before its a mental thing for me thinking I have to have something in their like that.