PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-13-2004, 01:45 PM #22
Farside_Kyle
Killing Machine

has been a member for 10 years
just another way for the nppl to be lame. lame rules, robots, regulations, non english speaking refs...
Old 03-13-2004, 02:51 PM #23
hammered
Making the Stickers

Well if you dont like the way the NPPL runs their events, you could always go to the PSP and see how the other half lives. To me it seems the only people really complaining about all this are those the rely on trigger bounce, ramping and wiping to win, or atleast lose in a lesser degree. you tuck the jersey to lessen the "ball catch" effect and to aid in checking for mid-drift hits. Clear hoppers and excessive stickers are outlawed to lessen the times someone calls for bogus/false hits. Padding, because for crap sake where would the "Limit" allowed be called? If you're not good engough to compete in a straight played game then dont play. To be honest I remember that this is what caused alot of overshooting. If a team-mate of myself caught you cheating you got stitched off the field, and there was the cheaters cry "whaaaa he overshoot me" Play straight and before long you'll notice more people playing straight with you.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:02 PM #24
MackyGOG
MATRIXOWNER.COM AGENT

MackyGOG is a Supporting Member
Whatever the rule is dumb if the half refs would not be lazy and pay attention this would not be an issue.

Reffing sucks period. Its tough, its long, its always not in the best of weather, and you have to put up with alot of BS from players.

But in the end its your job for the day.

Crappy refs will always ruin any game be it Football, Baseball, Hockey, or Basketball.

Macky
Old 03-13-2004, 10:27 PM #25
elly44
Full-Time Pimp

if they break paint in the hopper.... why cant a ref go check it out and they will know its not a hopper hit its just a ball break in thier hopper........ and if i broke paint in my hopper i would see and and take the hopper off and just feed it by my hands

blue/black alias

bA Kidz
Old 03-13-2004, 11:11 PM #26
AbandonAllHope
Banned

dude refs r stupid...

ref -player your hit on your pod
player -not im ... ( boom ball hits his face ).... **** you ref
* there was never a break on his pod*
Old 03-14-2004, 12:35 AM #27
dyekid77

i say boycott nppl and play psp!!

Originally posted by ske1etor
Its not rape, its surprise sex...

45/4500 Tank f/s
Feedback
Old 03-14-2004, 03:21 AM #28
adamflath

Quote:
Originally posted by dyekid77
In my opinion i dont think any paintball player should dis another league. Unless there is a HUGE problem that is known. Other wise, support all of paintball, any league all leagues, as long as they are promoting the sport in a good way.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:08 AM #29
Arete

I don't understand why you have to tuck in your jerseys, could someone explain that? And yes, if paint bursts in your hopper, the referee's might be mistaken that you were hit and make a false call, which is bad for you and the ref. Not only that, if you get hit in your hopper with pink fill, and you're using pink shell paintballs, it's harder to tell if you're hit. It wouldn't really matter though, most of the people in the NPPL are sponsored and can afford a new shell, I don't know why you would buy a whole new hopper, just get a new shell color.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:03 AM #30
elly44
Full-Time Pimp

Quote:
Originally posted by dyekid77
ok lets do that... i play psp anyways

blue/black alias

bA Kidz
Old 03-14-2004, 10:18 AM #31
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by MackyGOG
Whatever the rule is dumb if the half refs would not be lazy and pay attention this would not be an issue.
Ignorance must be bliss. The whole issue is this: Clear hopper filled with XXXXX color paint---Hopper gets hit with XXXXX color paint---Very hard to tell if hopper has hit on it.---Ref could miss a call based on the confusion your hopper caused, and this is when people like you b**** and complain that the refs are dumb and can't do their job.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:55 AM #32
ozz

lol i love that quote right there the guy said about the ref telling the kid he had a break on his pod... ive never had a ref do that to me.... they tell you to keep playing and just ignore them.... i ref at a local field here and sometimes id have to watch 5 people at one time... you think im lazy for not catching a hit on your knee when you are kneeling down? you think it would be lazy for me to not see be able to tell a hit on your hopper if it is clear and the same color as the paint in your hopper from across field....i think you people are lazy when instead of moving up and bunkering some1 or just getting a good close shot on them from the side you stay in the back and hide behind your cloud of paint.. that stuff just gets refs hit alot that is why we stay alittle ways away because even if we are laying on the ground we still get nailed by your lobbed balls... obey the freaking rules, quit whining, and quit cheating... because if you do cheat then you have no right to whine because you did not obey the rules that were instilled to keep you from cheating..
Old 03-14-2004, 02:04 PM #33
YouCantBanMe
ever

Why is anyone complaining? If you cant afford to buy a new shell for your hopper, then obviously you cant afford to play nppl.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:24 PM #34
MeRcaNtiCo
OGDT 12/29

MeRcaNtiCo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Drifters_06
I think they only people complaining are those that play the grey areas. That or your too set in your ways. These rules will make paintball a lot more fair in the long run.
i fail to see the comparison, between disallowing clear shells on hoppers, and making paintball a lot more fun.....

its just a pain in the ***. now i have to go get new shells.

I like alcohol
Old 03-14-2004, 06:57 PM #35
shogun21
Viva La Nation

just dye your clear shells.....
Old 03-14-2004, 07:28 PM #36
elly44
Full-Time Pimp

um or you can buy new shells :/

blue/black alias

bA Kidz
Old 03-14-2004, 07:34 PM #37
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

Quote:
Ignorance must be bliss. The whole issue is this: Clear hopper filled with XXXXX color paint---Hopper gets hit with XXXXX color paint---Very hard to tell if hopper has hit on it.---Ref could miss a call based on the confusion your hopper caused, and this is when people like you b**** and complain that the refs are dumb and can't do their job.
Here's the 100,000,000.00 dollar answer to this whole issue. If I see the Break/Hit on a clear loader. I got off my lazy butt and I checked the player - If I wipe my finger over the area that looks hit - and the paint comes off "HE's out" - If no paint came off - I say he's clean and then I inform the rest of the reffing staff that he broke one inside the hopper. It took me 5 seconds to check - the call was fair and everyone was happy - except the kid who had to go a clean his hopper.

END OF STORY

An this is just another reason why I am so happy over the NPPL / PSP split - PSP doesn't have use new rules to make up for the staffs incababilities.

And before anyone flames me - I have reffed tourny before and I will continue to ref tourneys. It is the most under appreciated job in the industry - However, I also find it insulting that a league is trying to "Help" because they think I can't make a call as to whether or not a paint break is on the inside or not. To me - it's an easy call to make.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:40 PM #38
Happy Happy Panda

and while your wiping your finger on someones hopper and getting shot at in the process someome else who is now not being watched is cheating. I don't see what everyone is *****ing about? The NPPL is just trying to reduce cheating and help out the refs. I have a clear hopper and buying new shells is annoying but not that big of a deal. I guess if you don't like it you could go play X-ball reffed by scnerio players or 10-man where they slap your gun during a nbounce test.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:50 PM #39
Rob218
•••K3 Productions•••

Rob218 is a Supporting Member
If it's a halo you can't. Eggs and Revvies go right ahead.
Trust. | K3 Productions | Trauma Fan #374
Old 03-14-2004, 07:51 PM #40
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

Well that may be - but my idea of reffing isn't like everyones - I always been a believer out of having more reffs on the field. 1 ref for each player - but that goes against the grain of thought - Do as much possible with as little as possible.

Think about it. if there was 1 ref for each player - then you don't have to have rules like "No Stickers on Hoppers" or "Clear Hoppers" and others in the rules dept trying to "Help out" plus it would eliminate the wiping issue. It's kind of hard to cheat when you have an official watching you like a hawk.

Of course my way of thinking is too much common sense. 7 man games = 14 refs. 1 for each player. 3 man = 6 refs. 5 man = 10 and so on

Has this been proven? Yes - We do a lot of 3 man tourneys up here and we have 7 officials - 1 times keeper and 6 refs to watch the players. No EVEN TRIES to cheat. To many eyes on them.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:35 PM #41
shogun21
Viva La Nation

Quote:
Originally posted by elly44
um or you can buy new shells :/
everyone's complaining about buying new shells...2 washingtons for dye aint nothin
Old 03-14-2004, 09:15 PM #42
adamflath

uuummmm, why is it such a pain to change shells? I cant believe people are compaining about this. It must be little kids. That is all i can say. It really boggles my mind.

If this tiny rule really bothers some people THAT MUCH that they actually hate that particular league. Well i am glad they arent playing in it. Rules in paintball will be changing. Hell we dont even have a set playing format (3,5,7,10, x-ball)