PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-03-2004, 09:14 AM #22
Thompson Dude

has been a member for 10 years
I heard, so I thought that the WG65 and the SIM4 were identical except for the cocking lever. The SIM4 has the M16 style whereas the WG has the side handle. Otherwise, they have all the same parts, so it's a matter of which handle one prefers.

I have a Tippy 98 C, but thinking of getting one of the two above for scenario play. I guess it'll boil down to the cheapest one of the two I can find on ebay
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2004, 09:45 PM #23
Xnuke
Banned

There are more differences than that. The barrel on the SIM-4 is spyder thread. The SIM-4 body is assembled in upper and lower halves and you can separate the bolt from the striker by removing filed strip pins; the butt stock is held in by set screws on the SIM-4 instead of threaded and the trigger frames are not interchangeable.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:26 PM #24
mulletstation

ok..... so what you're saying is the SIM-4 is more flexible since its newer. so shouldn't that end the debate over which one to buy?

BAM!

b.t.w I've never touched these guns. but what Xnuke just said implies that the sim-4 is better. brand loyalty doesn't mean jack if its an inferrior product.

justinwb: "Thats great.......I dont really care what you think, you arent part of my target audience. My target audience would be someone with an IQ over 120." http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8254/outx.jpg
Old 04-05-2004, 01:47 AM #25
dundadun

"if its an inferrior product"
i agree, wg65's(as well as all armos) have great stock barrels, they really don't need upgrading, just a good paint match
m4 handguards use rings to lock into place, how many spyder threaded barrels will accept these rings?
also wg's are VM68 size threads, and if you can find an aftermarket in that thread, it is most likely a decent barrel
the ws66's coming out have a completely different barrel system, that is supposedly way better than either