Factory Cert. Timmy Tech

Annual Supporting Member
paintball8869 is a Supporting Member
paintball8869 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintball8869 supports Pev's Paintball
paintball8869 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball8869 is Legendary
What kind of problems do you guys have with your rebels?

i'm looking at rebels for rental guns and need to know what problems you experience. The big one i've seen is the gun chops because of a nonmotorized hopper, but that's no big problem.

What aer you guys experiencing for problems after heavy use? I'm looking at stock vertical asa rebels.

Thanks for the info
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2001, 08:25 PM #2
SGT BiGGiE

only serious problem's that occured with me in a year is the tab on the bakc of the trigger broke,simple drop in a new trigger,but i didnt have my grip fame on tight enuff and chipped the piss out of my sear,and i just now needed a new cupseal,so only needing to fix it twice in a year is damn good form what i seen of other guns
Old 12-24-2001, 11:40 AM #3
Paploo

I only had a problem once. The first time I shot it it started shooting all its CO2 really fast after only about 300 shots. I have a 20 oz. I'm sure theres a name for that but I dont know it. It was shooting so much it vibrated a screw out of my grip. That was probably only because I had been experimenting with taking it apart and putting it bact together. Now I tighten the screws all the way. Anyway, that never happened to me again. Other than that it's been a reliable gun.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:45 PM #4
stevarooni

Thumbs down

chops balls like you wouldnt want to believe. you cant have a good rof with this gun, youll be spraying paint through anyplace it can escape. this is my experience with a rebel le, an experience id rather not have had to experience.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:06 PM #5
Etniesboyz

Rebel LE

This kid I know who plays with us has a Rebel LE. and it chops mad paint. And when it chops paint its an ugly sight. It gets inside the back of the gun somehow and screws everything up. The only way he can fix it is if he takes apart the whole gun and take all the shells out. He used to have to call out all the time (not to mention hes a *****) because of his gun breaking, untill he bought aSpyderShutter, lol.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:10 PM #6
stevarooni

there you have it, more proof. if your going to get the rebels for rentals because theyre cheap, i suggest going with spyders compacts instead... i think theyre a simlar price.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:44 PM #7
john1284565

Forget the rebels. get tippmans they are the best rental guns around most fields use them. They are sooo dam rugged. you can drop them kick them and thoes suckers still don't break. maintnence is wicked easy alls you gotta do is oils every once and a while. You will never have a problem with thoes guns they are incredible. i don't care about the hole personal prefference thing, alls i gotta say if you wanna save some fustration use the tippmans for rentals.

~AO NIGHTMARE~

NOVICE
Old 02-22-2002, 11:08 AM #8
spud majic
BR Machine

i dont have chopping problems with my gun below about 7bps. i shoot about 10 bps with it and i dont have a revy so i chop one every once in a while but power feed is only suposed to keep up to 7 so its about right where it suposed to be.
www.geocities.com/brmachineco
Old 02-22-2002, 11:36 AM #9
john1284565

sup i doubt you shoot 10bps with your rebel if you actualy shot that fast with it the gun would probably uncock or something. I highly doubt you can get 10 bps maybe 4 or 5

~AO NIGHTMARE~

NOVICE
Old 02-22-2002, 01:47 PM #10
spud majic
BR Machine

actually i do shoot 10 bps i taped the sound and played it back in sound recorder and looked at the sound spikes and there was on average 10 spikes in one second of playback. also i have a very short trigger pull. it is about 1/16 of an inch and just a little harder to pull than a em1 trigger. it almost feels like a mag trigger length wise. i also have a pretty decent trigger finger. i can shoot more than 4 or 5 off hand.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:08 PM #11
john1284565

You don't know what your talking about. Have you ever even seen a gun shooting at 10 bps, thats pretty fast. First off rebels can't recharge that fast at all. And if you could get 10 bps you would chop every ball.

~AO NIGHTMARE~

NOVICE
Old 02-22-2002, 08:51 PM #12
spud majic
BR Machine

yes i have seen a gun shoot 10 balls a second . my neighbor has an em1 and 10 balls per second is not all that fast(i can shoot the em1 about 12). my rebel is high flow and low pressure with a sidewinder regulator that can withstand much faster firing rates that 10bps. maybe you shold get your stuff straight before trying to start ****. and a regular hopper will feed at about 10-12 bps as long as the balls are in the feed tube(6-7 shots). revolutions only allow longer sustained high rof being that they do not push the ball into the tube but just keep the balls from binding up. i have a specially made ball saftey that helps to force the ball into the chamber as well. and yes i do chop balls a lot when i shoot too fast.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:10 PM #13
Sarge

hahaha....You newbies crack me up.

10bps second on a Rebel. Thats soo funny. Although capable of 40sps, you could never pull it that fast. Nevermind, that you will get shootdown after about 8.

Haha...High flow and low pressure. What did you do drill holes in it? If you knew anything you would know that the lower the pressure the less speed you are gonna get. You bought a Sidewinder reg for a Rebel? That cracks me up, cause the reg is worth more than the gun.

You claim you can get 7bps with no revvy? Man, you are a comedian. A non-motorized hopper can get about 5 MAX, thats with shacking the gun.

This "specially made ball saftey" you speak of? Is this imaginary or can you make me one too? If you knew anything you would know forcefeeding is also illegal in tourneys and at feilds.

1/16" trigger pull? Hahahahahahahaha. I doubt it. My mag trigger pull is about 1/8", and thats with a RT valve. I seriously doubt its that short, unless you did a killer newbie trigger job on it. If you did, would you mind doing mine too(even though that voids the warranty)?

The reason smart people use rebels for rental guns is because they do chop. This causes the kids to buy more paint, which is what most feilds make most of their money from.

Rebels are just crappy 32 clones. Notice how they havent come out with one original product? And they are all copies of other products? You could of gotten a good gun for the same price, say a PMI piranah Vertical or a T98.

And oh ya, about your sound recording-Are you sure it wasnt for 1 minute and not 1 second? Anyone cant shoot 10bps, by fanning the trigger. Its nothing special. If you can pull it 10bps without fanning I will apologize and pray to you.

99 Cocker

Magsrule3 on Automags.org
RTman on paintball-forum.com
RTman on playaspaintball.cm
Old 02-22-2002, 11:14 PM #14
Clint3240
PbNations Hermit

your all a bunch of donkeys....but that 10bps...um....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

oh ya....even an electro could have trouble getting 10bps on semi....

Last edited by Clint3240 : 02-22-2002 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:20 PM #15
john1284565

Ok i am sick of this sh$t. first off i hate it when you newbies mention this lp bull Sh$t, it does not do any thing to your gun. Rebels are a low end peice of crap, they are cheaply made with recycled impure metal. The rebel is a stamped gun whitch means that a sheet of metal is shaped into a gun form. Your lil high flow chamber is not going to do anything unless you have a very good reg and a good adjustable tank your gun ain't nothin but a buncha soda cans formed into the shape of a paintball gun. There is no way in hell you can get 10 balls a sec with out your gun uncocking or chopping. Tippmans ar a way better gun than the rebels and they can't even get close to 5 balls a second with out really pounding on the trigger and if you do get up to 10 balls a second then you will chop everyone of them. I currently own a shocker and it only allows you to get a rof of 11.2 and even with a shocker it can get a little hard to shoot at 10 balls a second. SPUD I PERSONALY THINK YOU ARE A NEWBIE MORON WANNA BE KNOW IT ALL.

~AO NIGHTMARE~

NOVICE
Old 02-22-2002, 11:46 PM #16
spud majic
BR Machine

uh my gun shoots at aproximately 285fps at 200psi....any faster is really not needed. and above 300 is illegal. so lowering the pressure increases efficency. i know a guy that runs low pressure at 300psi and shoots 15 bps with an electo spyder with warp feed and ACE and doesnt experience shootdown. if you would like to see his gun i can show a link to it. also if you would like a ball saftey i can make one to be quite honest. i have a business selling paintball gun parts so i do this all the time, but maybe not to you because you are being such a **** about it to me. it is not force feeding, it involves angles to create force in a direction toward the chamber. yes actually i did drill holes in it... its called a v/a mod and anybody that wants a lp spyder/rebel needs to do this(even though mine was done with a end mill on a bridgeport cnc but same idea). i cant really show you the trigger pull over the internet. but i can assure you that it is 1.5mm~(.060") or about 1/16"(.0625). mags are differant design so no i cant do it with a mag. i can shoot faster by shooting regular than when i try to fan the trigger. being that the stroke of my finger is much easyer to move than my entire hand the distance is shorter and meaning more rof. also the reason rebels chop so bad is the fact that the stock bolt is not set to a short enough length and they have a step in them that makes them have alot of gas escape through the feed tube. the delrin bolt that i made removes the step and shortens the length which make it not chop. also i would like to note that piranhas and spyders have a longer fire stroke makeing them not as easy to get at as low of pressure as my gun is at. it sounds to me as if you just cant accept the fact that i know what the hell im doing with my gun when i built it. there is not a single stock part on my gun, even the body has been modified. one last thing i would like to add is that just because i am capable of shooting that fast doesnt mean that i do shoot that fast. there is rarely ever an occasion where i need to shoot that fast.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:52 PM #17
Sarge

Well, your quite a little airsmith arent you? Well, you would be if you didnt make all that up. You nkow, you shouldny be ashamed that your a newbi. Sooner or later you will be a good player and stop lying about what you have no clue about.

99 Cocker

Magsrule3 on Automags.org
RTman on paintball-forum.com
RTman on playaspaintball.cm
Old 02-22-2002, 11:57 PM #18
Clint3240
PbNations Hermit

say, at 200psi you would bottleneck your system and get shootdown

nd enlargening you vert adapter hole wont do anything cause your hole into the body is the same size

and if you enlarged that..you have to enlarge everything that air goes through

ACE on a spyder? Hhahahaha
Old 02-23-2002, 12:01 AM #19
Clint3240
PbNations Hermit

oh yes..listn to me i know everything..im a certified gun tech for, cockersm angels, all smartparts, spyders, tipmans and brass eagle guns..and i know what o-rings are so im the smartest person...you newbie...whats a paintball gun?

Last edited by Clint3240 : 02-23-2002 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:24 AM #20
spud majic
BR Machine

yes i did increase the hole in the body.. to .328 to be exact. then i retapped the valve screw hole to 3/8 24 and made a set screw... to know that i do not get shootdown i have measured all the surface areas and checked how much air they will flow and always leaving the most restrictive part at the end(in this case being the valve because the hole cannot be made any bigger without making the cup seal restrict flow between it and the body). i can get pics of anything on my gun that you would like to see. i am trying to get a way t get video of my gun and me shooting at 10bps but my digital camera doesnt record sound so its kind of hard to do that. i could give you just the sound but that probably wont be very convincing. i know that my camera can work as a web cam(i need to learn how to set it up first though), is there any way i could do it like that? and im not an airsmith i am a machinist so at least get it right.and the ACE on that spyder ... he made it himself. i have the scematics of it if you would like to see those as well.

Last edited by spud majic : 02-23-2002 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:43 AM #21
john1284565

No we don't wanna see that crap we just wanna see your rebel shoot 10 bps with only one regulator and a co2 tank. We were definatly not asking to see that other sh*t alls we want to see is that your little wal-mart gun can keep up a constant rate of 10 bps, Without chopping a single ball. And stop changing the subject. I know for a fact that you are lying, alls you have to do is tell the truth or give us proof that your gun can succsesfully shoot a rof of 10bps.

~AO NIGHTMARE~

NOVICE
Closed Thread