PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-10-2004, 12:10 PM #1
Hattie

has been a member for 10 years
Surprise at LA PSP

I like to notice the unexpected and 10 man Pro/Am is normally not a place that I see things that I would consider notable. I saw things that I did expect, Diesel, Justice, Bushwackers, Addicted, etc.

Early Friday I happened to catch a game that peaked my interest. Rock-it-Kids and some team that I did not recognise.

At the bell, this unidentified team had all guns up and a "In Your Face" game that we dont see near enough in the laid back world of 10 Man. The game didnt last 2 minutes. That is saying a great deal, the Kids could compete in any class of competition.

My interest put me at the exit in seconds. To my surprise "Fusion". The jersey change was only a small tip of how much change they have undergone. two thirds of the team were kids 21 and under. I did notice a couple of familar faces that had left "Fusion" for bigger and better places. Mark Worrell and Matt Page struted through the ranks of a lot of young talent on this team. You could almost smell the speed on these kids.

I watched another game on the JT field, and it is obvious that their timing needs work but if the rumor is correct, that they have only been together a few weeks, that will come.

Mark, Matt are proven individuals. It will be fun to watch this team mature. Cesare will be smiling all the way. It is nice to see new talent mixed with a strong dash of proven resources.

All I can say, Cesare, be patient and turn up the burner on these kids. It will do 10 Man a great deal of good.

Could it be the Fusion of the past, no, it is PB of the future.
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2004, 02:06 PM #2
OCK-Derek
SD Aftermath

How about Nor Cal dominating people. They rolled us. I expect good things from this underated novice team.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:48 PM #3
triggerhappy
All We Do Is Hate....

OCK- Why aren't you guys playing Novice? I think your team could be very competive in the Novice Division.

www.TagSportz.Com - Best of the Best
www.teamstrange.net
www.strangegear.com
Old 03-10-2004, 07:13 PM #4
I_Bunker'd_U
810 Commador

thxs for the props. and yes the rumor is true we had one real practice before the event.

Last edited by I_Bunker'd_U : 03-10-2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:28 PM #5
OCK-Derek
SD Aftermath

We werent even supposed to play the event but got it payed for at the last second. Pretty much none of us had played ten man. Let alone ten man pro am. But it had more to do with our sponsors than us to answer your question. We should be a solid 7 man NPPL team. Thats where were gonna but most of our effort.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:21 AM #6
PPro
Detroit What

Word up. Fusion will be up there soon.

The JT field wasn't our field, we played the xball field really well though.