PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-06-2004, 12:02 AM #22
ButterfingersAO

has been a member for 10 years
Thats cause not that many people use the intarweb... for PB info.

You are right... preaching about it on the internet is going to get very little done.

Making enough noise to make sombody of importance investigate the case or is better financed to handle the situation is a better option.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2004, 06:08 AM #23
Manged_Caribou
I kill for Jesus

I've known the lawsuits and all, but I never thought they would go that far...Do I still shoot my shocker? Yes I do, because it's my gun and I'm not going to stop using it because the company that happened to make it is suing everyone. Do I like what SP is doing? No...I think they're going way to far with this BS...someone needs to speak to the "pattent" (as spelled on my shocker) office and tell them a little something....maybe kingman/Brasseagle...I hate it that AKA was brought down. I loved AKA and will still support them fully....
Old 03-06-2004, 10:04 AM #24
ninjanki

I still say that what SP is doing is not business, It's a scam!

If MacDonalds sued burger king because they stole the name of the big meal, then they would be doing business. Now, If they decided to sue Burger king because BK sells chicken sanduiches, is this still business? Can they stop burger king of producing burgers, or even to sell big burgers? It does not matter if Mc was the first to do that(hypotetically), if the idea itself is an obvious development, and if BK does not use the same names and do exactly the same sandwich. If you translate that back to the SP issue. that means that SP could very well sue Bob Long, AKA and ICD, because they all were using the stacked bolt/electro-pneumatic design, and IF SP owned a patent for that, and was the first to launch the product(Impulse), then the others would be illegal without a license. But what does it have anythiong to do with Dye or WDP, or all the sear-trippers(Spiders, Automags and Autococker)? Can they stop ICE, or AlienPB, or powerlyte or OTB from launching paintball guns that are not based on that design? Can they own the very concept of an electronically operated paintball gun? Do you honestly believe this is business?

They are being much worse than Microsoft, which is a monopoly. At least, Microsoft reached that status competing qith other companies(no always a fair competition, but at least they did not drove someone out of the market with a bogus patent...)

Allan
Old 03-06-2004, 11:28 AM #25
bassengine303
Post Tostied

SP sucks

I'm just one of a buch of others who think that smart parts is to paintball what Michael Jackson is to a pre-school playground. DOWN WITH SMART PARTS!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 06:01 PM #26
XxElite12
::Cocker owner at Heart::

Quote:
Originally posted by ninjanki
They are being much worse than Microsoft, which is a monopoly. At least, Microsoft reached that status competing qith other companies(no always a fair competition, but at least they did not drove someone out of the market with a bogus patent...)

Allan
once again, im trying to explain to you guys that buying out and sueing are two completly different things. microsoft bought out its competitors, directly for the purpose of becoming a monopoly. on the other hand, smart parts is just sueing another company and did not have any intention of putting it out of business.

MY SETUP:
Black Smart Parts Impulse | 12" Dye Ultralite | CCM Clamping No-Rise | NDZ Bolt | RIP Valve | Rat Hole Hammer | Silk Shot Ram | Blade Trigger | SP Sticky Grips | Revvy | Pure Energy Nitro Tanks
Old 03-06-2004, 06:32 PM #27
WCWfrk
stlindoor.com

WCWfrk is a Supporting Member
we know what the difference is...but what you don't understand is that Smart Parts knows that if they buy out their competition, they will be seen by the government as a monopoly, so to get around that, they just sue them, which hurts their sales so much that it puts them out of business in the end. Smart Parts knows what they are doing unfortunately...

Feedback
Old 03-07-2004, 12:38 AM #28
XxElite12

well, like you said, in the laws eyes they arnt a monopoly, and thats all that counts

MY SETUP:
Black Smart Parts Impulse | 12" Dye Ultralite | CCM Clamping No-Rise | NDZ Bolt | RIP Valve | Rat Hole Hammer | Silk Shot Ram | Blade Trigger | SP Sticky Grips | Revvy | Pure Energy Nitro Tanks
Old 03-07-2004, 12:40 AM #29
WCWfrk
stlindoor.com

ya, but the law is gay

Feedback
Old 03-07-2004, 01:32 AM #30
XxElite12

haha, finally. i was wondering when this "political" argument would finally come down to saying "yea... well, thats gay!" haha

MY SETUP:
Old 03-07-2004, 02:24 AM #31
johnnyw
The Deftones Rock.

You call this a political argument? I just thought it was a bunch of psuedo-intellectuals using crappy analogies to try and explain complex legal matters who’s detailed structures go far beyond any of our understandings. Humm...I guess what I am trying to say is, "Big waste of time."

-John

PS- Hahaha...You said it was gay! I win, right? Of corse...Haha!
Loser.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:44 AM #32
Arete

Let's just sum this up. SP made a patent, it does kind of suck. Not because it takes advantage of other companies, but because it infringes on our right, as Americans, to have the choice to variety.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:54 AM #33
bassengine303
Post Tostied

freedom of choice

amen, brother
Old 03-07-2004, 12:31 PM #34
XxElite12

Quote:
Originally posted by Arete
Let's just sum this up. SP made a patent, it does kind of suck. Not because it takes advantage of other companies, but because it infringes on our right, as Americans, to have the choice to variety.
i can agree with you on that, the patent does suck, but its happening and sp isnt gonna change it, so just let it happen

MY SETUP:
Old 03-07-2004, 03:41 PM #35
WCWfrk
stlindoor.com

no, don't just let it happen...get out and advertise against them...it can be stopped but it won't be unless the paintball population comes out with it. Smart Parts knows they are making us mad...I just saw an article in the new APG that at the bottom that said...
"Winning™, Ya, we have a patent on that too"

That kind of stuff is so cocky...it makes me hate them even much...all they are doing is mocking the people that don't like them...

Feedback
Old 03-12-2004, 03:49 AM #36
Scircal

Ummm, a patent IS a legalized form of monopoly. If the patent is legal and holds up in court, they will have a monopoly on the production of electronic markers for 20 years. Sure I can buy mechs, but if I buy an electro, I pay SP. To argue against that is like saying the company that has a monopoly on world diamond supply isn't really a monopoly because I can by emeralds and rubies from other firms.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:02 AM #37
WCWfrk
stlindoor.com

scircal...ok, that mean't nothing...lol

we all know this already

Feedback
Old 03-12-2004, 01:19 PM #38
Scircal

Could have fooled me by the title of this thread (and I guess you did ).

But there are several sentiments here like this:

Quote:
well, like you said, in the laws eyes they arnt a monopoly, and thats all that counts
Which is wrong. They are a monopoly until and if the patent is deemed illegal. And, unlike Microsoft, which is actually subject to competitive forces, SP would have a monopoly on electronic markers for 20 years. Now if Microsoft had patented the concept of an operating system, that would be more like what Smart Parts is doing.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:15 PM #39
FroGGieG123

using a quote from 1984 lol, u do realize that guy gets shot in the end right ;-) i hope we dont get shot :-o
Old 03-14-2004, 07:10 PM #40
XxElite12

haha, you got shot

haha, jk, ok, well, i proclaim this post; dead. thanks for your input, i took it into great consideration, but still stand strong on my position.

MY SETUP:
Old 03-15-2004, 01:31 PM #41
Wicked Clown

This is the most pointless thread around. Some people love Sp, and other would like to blow up the factory. there will always be two sides to everything in life so everyone needs to quit the crying and deal with it. If you dont like SP then dont buy it. There that is settled.

My Feedback
Old 03-17-2004, 02:15 PM #42
UnknownAssassin
POOPy

UnknownAssassin is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by WCWfrk
they are sueing them so they CAN get rid of them....legally. What you don't understand is how much smarter the Gardner's are than you....they know how the law works, and they know how to work the law...and they are doing it. They are doing things that are borderline legal, and getting away with it because they know how. Sooner or later they will slip though...why? because they have done it before, and they'll do it again
Wow, you just managed to define how modern business works... good job idiot...

You also managed to call yourself stupid at the same time.... Wow.. Sp had better watch out for you haters... you guys are getting "smarter" all the time ...

Rock The World.

My Feedback