Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-03-2004, 06:38 PM #1
DesTrucToX
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation PSP Laggin...

Hey guys, I've seen alot of NPPL and not a whole lot of PSP, dont you guys agree that PSP is laggin alot on alot of things.... They need to pick it Up.... Shouldn't they?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2004, 09:42 PM #2
djenks
Team Red Devils

it would be nice to have the venues set in stone before the season starts...but we dont have any idea the politics behind it...

from the surface though, it does look like they need to start organizing things better.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:03 AM #3
InFaMoUs CaSpEr
Broke Krew

amen.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 PM #4
Timmyballer

The PSP is laggin? I think your a little off on your news. How is it the PSP is laggin when the NPPL does not even have a prize for rookie. Unless you count free entry to the next tourney and a little paint as a good prize. The PSP is giving away 6 grand to the winner just in rookie, not to mention that the division 1 X-Ball winners gets 30 grand in cold hard cash. The NPPL was only giving away 20 grand to the winner of the pro division last year. It is true that the event scheduling is slightly messed up due to the cancellation of Las Vegas, but in the long run the PSP is listening to its players and is holding the best tournaments that it can.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 PM #5
djenks
Team Red Devils

^^^yeah, well, thats SO AWESOME!

Except we dont even know where in the country some of these tourneys are gonna be held, or when.

Allof us PSP players are just sitting on our hands right now
Old 03-04-2004, 12:57 PM #6
WILLIZ
Trend Setter

WILLIZ is a Supporting Member
WILLIZ plays in the PSP
only thing cool about nppl..is each team gets their own tents..but yes id say that MGO was very well ran and i was happy with it cept mother nature, and the tables for all the teams...just not a good idea i dont think..and yes 30 g's is AWESOME
Rock.Chalk.Jayhawk.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:24 PM #7
DesTrucToX
Banned

Im not talking about the money, im talking about other small things, Im a PSP player thru and thru, and support them, but they need to step it up alot more this year, and bring a little bit more, so NPPL will piss their pants and say...'' Damn we gotta do something''
Old 03-05-2004, 04:32 AM #8
adamflath

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmyballer
The PSP is giving away 6 grand to the winner just in rookie, not to mention that the division 1 X-Ball winners gets 30 grand in cold hard cash. The NPPL was only giving away 20 grand to the winner of the pro division last year.
Dude, please dont post if you give out wrong information or lead the readers astray. PSP gives out 30 grand to the top 3 winners in the Div 1 x-ball. Not 30 grand for first place. While the Nppl gives out 35 grand to the top 3 winners.
Plus the 6 grand for rookie, is 10 man, which is 1000 dollars more for registration. 1300 compared to 2250.... I support both leagues, but i dont like it when people try to make the other league look better when in reality it isnt or it is the same.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:36 AM #9
adamflath

Not to mention Nppl gives out cash to all divsions except rookie, while PSP only gives out cash to the Div-1 Xball
Old 03-05-2004, 08:42 AM #10
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
I love when people come here and think they know everything about both leagues and in reality they dont know ****...

The truth is both leagues are doing just fine.....And paintball is headed in the right direction...

Very well put Adamflath........

Lainway Sports, NY

GearBag Sale DYE, LV1 F/S/T, ECLIPSE
Old 03-05-2004, 07:30 PM #11
LbizZle
killer

LbizZle is a Supporting Member
They both have their ups and downs but i think nppl is really being ran better then psp from feedback on events from the 03' season. I myself can speak for nppl cause thats what i played last year and it was just totally awesome i really can't complain about much. But i can't put psp down cause i only went to one event and that was philly and from what i saw that was top notch as well. So i really don't see what you guys mean by psp is laggin....

my feedback

live.to.play
Old 03-05-2004, 11:03 PM #12
NiGhTsOlDiEr333 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by adamflath
Dude, please dont post if you give out wrong information or lead the readers astray. PSP gives out 30 grand to the top 3 winners in the Div 1 x-ball. Not 30 grand for first place. While the Nppl gives out 35 grand to the top 3 winners.
Plus the 6 grand for rookie, is 10 man, which is 1000 dollars more for registration. 1300 compared to 2250.... I support both leagues, but i dont like it when people try to make the other league look better when in reality it isnt or it is the same.

your ****ing stupid

10 man rookie first place = 8g's
Old 03-05-2004, 11:49 PM #13
adamflath

Quote:
Originally posted by NiGhTsOlDiEr333
your ****ing stupid

10 man rookie first place = 8g's
Please take this a little more professionally, no need to curse someone out.. If I was wrong, you can correct me. However, I got the information straight from the PSP website. http://www.pspevents.com/prizes.html

As you see, it is 6,000 dollars worth in prices. I do not know where you got 8 from.

Most people arenít stupid, just lazy or misinformed. Keep that in mind.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:06 AM #14
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
nightsoldier just got smoked....now hush up

Lainway Sports, NY

GearBag Sale DYE, LV1 F/S/T, ECLIPSE
Old 03-06-2004, 07:32 AM #15
NiGhTsOlDiEr333 (Banned)

wtf?! it was 8000 last year
Old 03-06-2004, 01:26 PM #16
spazspike
Banned

spazspike is a Supporting Member
Looks like the cleaning crew on the X-Ball fields had this event off. I remember at LA last year the refs did an excellent job of keeping the bunkers as clean as possible. Especially considering our team had the late game on Thursday & Friday. This year it looks like they're not even bothering.

Not to mention our games were done by 8:00/8:30pm!
Old 03-07-2004, 10:58 AM #17
zenith1

Prize money isn't the primary factor in either leagues success. Team participation (roster count), PR developed at the individual locations/venues, the overall spin the media will weigh in with, and audience participation and interest. Call me biased, as the Commanders Cup is returning to Miami and there is a Tampa date scheduled, but the NPPL seems to have the loudest and brightest of the parades. I might add that is fickled is as Miami as a sports town, the NPPL had to do something right to be invited back. Same could be said for HB.
Field cleaning? I forget where I read about it, but the NPPL, as part of their PR campaign, had notable players visiting the venues and through local PB shops recruiting youngsters to clean bunkers and fields between games. They did just that in Miami. Games would in and the kids would swarm the fields raking unspent balls to the sidelines and squeegeeing the bunkers.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:30 PM #18
bajaman

Zenith1 is right, running or playing in a league isn't just about prize money. Putting on a quality event means having good prizes, clean bunkers, tents, good PR, organization, good, fair, unbiased professional refs who are not connected to any team. I could go on and on. Hands down, the NPPL has more of this than PSP. I'm sure both leagues are trying but the NPPL is trying harder. WILLIZ is either ignorant of the facts, stupid or just plain lying when he says, "only thing cool about nppl..is each team gets their own tents". Nightsoldier, if your only response to Adam is, "your ****ing stupid", you got nothing! If your going to dispute his post, give your facts or STFU. Timmyballer, your probably in the same 7th grade class as the other 2 village idiots.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:38 PM #19
duckship
Treau Statement

duckship is a Supporting Member
unbiased refs is a great point bajaman, in LA the 10 man refs were from team LTZ and were very bias based on many different opinions, if paintball wants to move forward the refs need to be professional.

^^^/\---/\/\^^-- Mt. Chang
Painball is Fun...