Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 PM #1
Vonkramm

Exclamation PM8 vs 2014 reflex

Ive been out of the game about 5 years and am just getting back into hopefully a tournament scene. Ive owned pm8 grasshopper and doo doo im9(greatest gun ever...sold it cuz i came on hard times ). Anyways dont know much about the reflex except its about 1.95 lbs and its newer. Which marker would you recommend...pm8 or reflex?
Vonkramm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2014, 08:59 PM #2
Punisher068

PM8 all the way,you'll be able to fine tune it because of the LPR,something the Reflex and standard Rail don't have.
The only drawback to the PM Series are the eyes which aren't much better on the newer Reflex&Rails
To me the PM7-9 are the best series Dye has made,anything else is overpriced or under equipt
I made the mistake of selling my PM7 and getting a Rail and Ion in 2008,something I've regretted.Eventually I'll replace it,hopefully with an Evil version
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:51 AM #3
Devlin123

I have a PM8 and 2 of my teammates have reflexes and I'd say PM8 all the way. Much smoother shooter and that little nudge in the front above the reg makes for a comfy and sturdy "fingergroove".

The only reason I see to go for a reflex is the warranty as you'll not find any pm8 brand new anywhere. Although the ribbon eyes on the pm8 break easily if you touch them, the need to actually touch them doesn't really exist. (i broke mine but got some random DM wired laser eyes from ans that work just fine)

However, if I remember correctly the stock board of the PM8 doesn't allow for 0.5 bps increases, so you'll ber stuck at 12bps and not the 12,5bps that is the current (or at least was) tourny limit. Having a virtue board solves that.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:37 AM #4
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Razgriz2006 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin123 View Post
I have a PM8 and 2 of my teammates have reflexes and I'd say PM8 all the way. Much smoother shooter and that little nudge in the front above the reg makes for a comfy and sturdy "fingergroove".

The only reason I see to go for a reflex is the warranty as you'll not find any pm8 brand new anywhere. Although the ribbon eyes on the pm8 break easily if you touch them, the need to actually touch them doesn't really exist. (i broke mine but got some random DM wired laser eyes from ans that work just fine)

However, if I remember correctly the stock board of the PM8 doesn't allow for 0.5 bps increases, so you'll ber stuck at 12bps and not the 12,5bps that is the current (or at least was) tourny limit. Having a virtue board solves that.
This man speaks the truth.
Razgriz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote