Complaining about SP here is preaching to the choir, take it to THEIR boards! - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-02-2004, 01:05 AM #1
QUINCYMASSGUY

has been a member for 10 years
Complaining about SP here is preaching to the choir, take it to THEIR boards!

Guys, for the love of god, every single member here does not need their own "boycott SP" or "I hate SP" thread.... probably 90% of people here in the AKA forum hate SP right now or at least think they're jerks for attacking AKA, no point cluttering this forum with that "I hate SP" crap and all the idiotic thoughts of bombing them, etc. You're just being dumb. Posting news regarding it and responding is one thing, but it's gotten ridiculous. If you want to make an impact, take this annoying posting to THEIR boards and threads, explaining why you hate them. Takes up their bandwidth, their time, and clutter their boards with anti-SP posting. It will get under their skin if you're pointing out the obvious flaws to SP products to people browsing THEIR forums since those are their current and potential customers, that would make the biggest impact, sensible posting showing how their products are inferior and the people behind the company are just lowlifes. Doing it here is getting cheap approval from the other members to boost your ego and cluttering up the board with the words "Smart Parts" which actually may be more of a help. Someone once said "success can be measured by the total amount of fans and enemies you have" meaning by pasting their name all over and making them seem so powerful can only fuel their infamy. Don't help them out!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2004, 01:34 AM #2
AMBUSHYNATOR

I love <3this idea
Old 03-02-2004, 01:48 AM #3
sezter2

Stupid idea. I own an impulse, I hate Smart Parts. Woohoo, if something goes wrong with my gun and I need help, I won't be able to get it because people won't look at any posts because of all the damn SP Hate posts. Besides most people at IOG and other SP owners groups aren't happy about it either. How about you talk to Smart Parts, not post on a damn forum about how much you hate them.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:25 AM #4
QUINCYMASSGUY

A forum is a place to discuss things, including taking complaints. If someone has a problem with SP, it should be taken to an SP forum, which is where it would be more effective. I understand your concern Setzer, I'm sure you'd still easily find help in those forums, but people who have problems with SP should be making their voices heard in those forums, that's where alot of dealers and SP personnell will see it. Posting complaints about SP in an SP forum makes way more sense than in an AKA forum.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:37 AM #5
TripleZero
Don't know, do ya?

http://www.icedillusions.com/Anti-SP.html This is a must see site for us ANti-SP people.

Originally posted by crazyj23
"hey, what are those scuba divers doing on a paintball field? oh, wait that's just dynasty and their shockers!"
Old 03-02-2004, 07:47 AM #6
schapman43

Dont take it to the Smart Parts forum because they will lock your thread.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:55 AM #7
sezter2

Quote:
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
A forum is a place to discuss things, including taking complaints. If someone has a problem with SP, it should be taken to an SP forum, which is where it would be more effective. I understand your concern Setzer, I'm sure you'd still easily find help in those forums, but people who have problems with SP should be making their voices heard in those forums, that's where alot of dealers and SP personnell will see it. Posting complaints about SP in an SP forum makes way more sense than in an AKA forum.
Didn't look at it that way. I guess what I was trying to say was that I agreed with what you were saying about how they don't belong here but they also don't belong in SP forums. I know it probably wouldn't do anything but it should be directed straight to SP. What can it hurt, it surely isn't doing anything posting it on forums.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:00 AM #8
Killabot
MoFo Gun Slinger

Killabot is a Supporting Member
Killabot owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Down with SP thats all I have to say
1 of 1 Pooty Clone GT
JMJ Featherlight Excalibur 04
Ironmen Timmy
Classic Timmy
Old 03-02-2004, 10:01 AM #9
Killabot
MoFo Gun Slinger

Killabot is a Supporting Member
Killabot owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
why did they have to do this to the best people in the paintball business
1 of 1 Pooty Clone GT
JMJ Featherlight Excalibur 04
Ironmen Timmy
Classic Timmy
Old 03-02-2004, 10:10 AM #10
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
Many specific SP websites will delete your threads and ban you if you post more.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 03-02-2004, 10:14 AM #11
operator
the prototype

ok, i used to own a Viking and i sold it several months ago and now i happen to shoot an 03 Shocker...

I think it totally sucks that AKA can't continue making their awesome guns. I also really appreciated Dan and his personal customer service. I remember many conversations we had over the phone about paintball and as far as I'm concerned AKA not being able to make their great markers means that there is less competition in the paintball business and that's ALWAYS a bad thing.

My point is that just because some people shoot a certain gun it doesn't define their social/political views. Does this mean I'll stop shooting my Shocker? No, because I happen to love my gun. But it does mean that I empathize with you guys and hope that people continue to support AKA and their great guns.

Last edited by operator : 03-02-2004 at 10:20 AM.