Old 08-08-2014, 10:45 PM #1
Mrkite42

Mrkite42 is playing at Living Legends VII
Mrkite42 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mrkite42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mrkite42 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GOG Extcy internal macro line issue

Hello everybody.

I have an issue that I need to get more information on.

I have a new GOG Extcy and when I got home and set it up the first time it just blew air out constantly through the trigger opening.

I took it back to the store and we (well the store salesman John) found that the internal macro line that goes from the top of the regulator, maybe called the "front banjo?" to the solenoid was disconnected and he replaced the line. It worked great during play (about 1200 rounds).

When I bought the marker I ordered a L7 for it and it came in so I wanted to compare what the difference was. However before I installed the L7 I went out in the yard to put a hopper through it to re get the pre L7 feel but it only worked for only about half a hopper. Then the same air hiss and blowing through the trigger opening. In checking the replaced macro line came back off in the same place. I pushed it back on all the way till it was touching the wall of the banjo but when gassed up it just popped right back off.

I later read on a few different informational sites that macro lines are one time use or I would not have done that.

I need some more information to discuss this with the store. They give a lifetime in store warranty for every marker they sell and have been wonderful with me and my friend has had no issues with them working on his marker. But as you can probably see I only sorta know what is going on and need some more info to be able to work with the shop in getting a lasting/permanent solution.

I have read the manual cover to cover and searched every site including this one trying to find an answer. GOGs site has no information at all besides just sending it in. So any help would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by Mrkite42 : 08-08-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Mrkite42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2014, 11:21 PM #2
Cyk101

Cyk101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The end of the macroline is probably just stretched out. Macroline is very cheap, you can buy a foot for around a dollar, and you'll need a lot less than that. Your store might just be able to replace it, depending how stocked they are, or you can buy some online and replace it yourself.
Cyk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:34 AM #3
Aesyrin

Aesyrin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Aesyrin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yea you can buy several feet of macroline for just a few bucks. Plus, you can order them in different colors to match your gun! Another thing to look at is to make sure that the end of the macro is flat and not angled since and angled cut can cause leaks as well.
Aesyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:56 AM #4
Mrkite42

So this is a line that needs to be replaced after every use?
Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 AM #5
Jeffro2912
Combat Panda

Jeffro2912 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jeffro2912 plays in the APPA beginner division
Jeffro2912 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jeffro2912 supports Empire
No no, the end of this piece was probably just cut incorrectly or is worn. When you put another piece with a straight cut in , it should hold up for a long time.

MERICA'
Jeffro2912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:54 PM #6
Mrkite42

Well they took the Extcy in for a full breakdown and inspection of all the parts under their warranty so it costs me nothing. They think that the banjo/barb is defective as they have not had this issue before.

These guys are nice and John was a professional player and knows markers inside and out.

There is a local tournament today and tomorrow so they were flooded with markers. I made an appointment to pick it up on friday and I am hoping that it is a easy issue that they have parts for as we are playing next weekend and will get to use the tournament field before it is taken down.

I'll post the results when I learn what they are and if the issue continues.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 PM #7
Mrkite42

To let people know what was tried to fix this issue.

1) Regulator tested: Pressure was good.

2) Barb/Banjo inspected: This was odd in it's look as the line holder was more of a round bump instead of a sharp edge so he replaced it with one from a different model. The line holds much better.

3) He talked to GOG and they know of this issue and said it happens on extremely hot days especially if left in a car or direct sun. The line expands and moves back off the barb/banjo.

I got home with it. Reset the dwell and found out that the shop had already done it. Put a hopper full through it with no issues.

I had wanted a QEV valve but the ones he had did not fit. The hose nipple was way too small/narrow. We looked at GOG site and it said that it can be used. So looking into that issue.

There is a tournament this weekend that my son wants to see in a near by city so I am not sure if I will get to play or not but we will see. I might just have to split the weekend and play on Sunday. I will post if it holds up to full use.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:05 PM #8
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
does it use ion banjos.. if it does they should operate like a macro fitting on an asa in which case it could just be a bad banjo, but more than likely the hose is cut poorly possibly too short
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:51 PM #9
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
First, you may want to move this to the GoG section. You will get a lot more people who are familiar with the Extcy looking at the post.

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=869

You have mentioned the front banjo (on top of the HPR) and a barb. Which is the leak coming from? The banjo is a female fitting in relation to the line and the barb is a male fitting in relation with the line. I bring that up because GoG suggested this was due to the line expanding in the heat. If the line expands it will only hold tight in the banjo and even on the barb with the nature of tube (with and I.D. and O.D.) I would think the expansion would still hold tighter.

Basically I am saying bull**** on GoG's explanation.

a) Is the leak from the banjo or the barb. With that info we may be able to help better.

b) (and more importantly) This is a new gun, therefore it is under warranty. A problem that you cannot fix should be rectified by GoG. Either by refurbishing or sending you a new one.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
"Originally posted by Viper6Actual: We're just as fun to shoot at as we are to shoot with."
eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:38 AM #10
Punisher068

Note the early Ion QEVs are different than the GoG ones.
The newer ones have a larger diameter barb and a flange that fits on the board to hold it in place
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217

Last edited by Punisher068 : 08-16-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:31 AM #11
Mrkite42

I have moved it over to the GOG section and will post there. Thanks for all the input and I hope to see info voer there.