Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-07-2014, 06:08 PM #1
Flytrap97

Victor II E Trigger Debounce

Hey! New to the forums here. I bought a used Spyder Victor II last year, and the previous owner had installed an e trigger as well as some other minor mods (new ASA, new barrel). I only today got the trigger working properly by replacing the rechargeable 9V with a new one from radio shack. I can finally fire properly quickly in semi, and the other modes actually do something!!

Now, however, in semi mode, about every other trigger pull, the system fires twice, even three times occasionally (gas was disconnected, just testing the trigger). I'm fairly new to paintball still, and especially to electronic systems, but from some quick research, I've found that I probably need to turn up something called "debounce". I cannot, however, for the life of me find a manual for the specific model trigger I have, so I have no idea how to change the debounce. There aren't any switches or useful displays (besides the one LED) like there seem to be in other e grips I've come across manuals for. I'd also like to be able to set ROF in auto/burst, but I don't plan on using those modes anytime soon, so it's not urgent.

I threw up some pics to help identify the model. It has the spyder logo on both sides of the grip, and a sliding type switch that you can move to "off", "semi", "burst", or "auto". It also has a multicolor LED immediately below the switch, which indicates green for semi, orange for burst, and red for auto.

Through some testing, I've found that if I hold down the trigger and turn the switch from off to semi, it starts flashing orange, and if I then release the trigger, it flashes slower. If don't release the trigger, after 15 orange pulses, it starts alternating green and red, and doesn't seem to do anything else after that, including when I release the trigger. It seems this should be some sort of setup mode, but I'm clueless as to how to go about doing it.

Any ideas about changing the debounce or rate of fire would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the long post, it's kindof a detailed situation. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Last edited by Flytrap97 : 08-07-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Fixed Images
Flytrap97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2014, 09:59 PM #2
Flytrap97

Hey guys. After some continued research (opening and checking manuals in Kingman's archive one by one), it appears that the grip came from an EMR-1, which explains the MR-1 mark on the switch in the first photo. It also seems that there's no way to adjust debounce or ROF on the ERM-1's trigger, so I'm pretty much stuck. Though I did find that by setting the trigger forward some, for some reason or another, it has pretty much stopped multi-firing in semiauto. Not sure if this is a lasting solution or not, but at least it's something.

If a mod could delete this thread, it'd be much appreciated. It serves no further purpose. Thanks!
Flytrap97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:12 AM #3
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I was going to say to put the trigger forward a little bit but it seems you may have found the solution. Usually when the trigger is very close to the microswitch it'll cause a lot of bounce. Especially for blowbacks since they kick more than your high ends. If you like your trigger close you could try seeing if you could fit a spring or doing a magnet mod to it. It'll give it a nice crisp trigger pull.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote