Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 AM #1
Morpheus78

JT Evlution Question

Wondering, on the new JT Evlution. This is supposedly a force fed hopper. That being said, when the eyes see a ball in the feedneck breach, does the ball impeller stop dead thus cutting power to the impeller, or does the motor continue to stay powered to keep pressure on the ball stack?

Also, is the floor of the hopper flat, or is it curved/slanted to help the flow of paintballs into the feed raceway?

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark

Last edited by Morpheus78 : 08-04-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Morpheus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2014, 10:55 AM #2
Dailydriven09

Dailydriven09 is playing at Living Legends VII
Dailydriven09 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dailydriven09 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
At first glance the evlution is basically the old eggy hopper redone with a new shell, same pull out method, same raceway for the balls, and it seems as though the propeller will feed as long as it is being fed through shooting. Say you stop shooing, motor stops until the falling ball hits the propeller and starts it feeding again. Raceway is slanted based on the review on YouTube, Just an observation/idea
Old 08-08-2014, 03:37 PM #3
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Evo 3s were the kind of force feeding you want. When the motor stops there is tension on the ball stack from the flex of the impeller. Great hoppers just cursed with weak shells.

Im pretty sure the new evos operate the same way but I have never used one to confirm. The reason I dont like the new ones is that you can't cut the feed tube down on them to make them low.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:13 AM #4
vector911

has been a member for 10 years
vector911 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Egg 4 or the evo4 with the half clam opening for paint kept force on the paint. Awesome loader with the pull pin disassembly, kept up with 12.5 ramp, durable rubberized shell, great on batteries. Was like a setting less virtue vl junior board.
NXT/impulse/luxe threaded pipe barrel kit
vector911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 AM #5
Morpheus78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Evo 3s were the kind of force feeding you want. When the motor stops there is tension on the ball stack from the flex of the impeller. Great hoppers just cursed with weak shells.

Im pretty sure the new evos operate the same way but I have never used one to confirm. The reason I dont like the new ones is that you can't cut the feed tube down on them to make them low.
Why wouldn't you be able to cut down the feed tube?

The velocity has the same problem...weak shells. I wish they would remake the velocity with a durable shell like on the new evlution.

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark

Last edited by Morpheus78 : 08-10-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Morpheus78 is offline   Reply With Quote