Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-31-2014, 06:52 PM #1
r1n

hammer 7 and a rifled fsr barrel

has anyone have any knowledge or experience with a hammer 7 using a barrel adapter and a rifled fsr barrel?

i wanted to get a rifled barrel that is autococker threaded for my other guns and then use a techt spyder to a/c adapter for the hammer 7. will this setup cause any harm to the performance of the fsr?

also, has anyone tried getting support for the hammer 7 through kee and received any parts from them?

thanks.
r1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2014, 11:08 AM #2
DannyJayJay

The only thing I'd watch out for is making sure the barrel doesn't sit too tight in the pump handle. I've heard of different barrels splitting the pump handle because they're too big.

Other than that it should be ok.
DannyJayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:40 PM #3
r1n

thats a good point about the pump handle since i didnt even think about that.

but the real concern of mine is the way the adapter is about 1.5 to 2 inches of smooth bore until it goes to the rifled portion. do you think that it may have a significant negative effects to the rifling of the fsr or that it may cause some damage to the fsr skirts when it transitions between the two?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:42 AM #4
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta supports Pev's Paintball
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
dtpbmasta supports Empire
You can't use the techt adapter as the hammer 7 uses a special type of barrel that is not threaded. You would have to buy a custom made adapter in order for it to work

Tippmann TIPX, Lapco Front Block, MRT BK Bolt, Remote Adapter, Hammerhead 8.15" Rifled Barrel, 3 Zeta Mags, 4 Stock Mags.
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:18 AM #5
r1n

the hammer 7's actual barrel is spyder threaded. it threads into a rotating selector adapter to switch from magazine or hopper feed. its basically the breech of the gun.

now i am looking into the hammerhead barrels as well. this might be a good option as well. anyone have any experiences with these combination?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:46 AM #6
DannyJayJay

Yeah you can use any spyder threaded barrel on it, the 'adaptor' screws onto the back of the barrel. Assuming that it fits into the pump grip, most barrels will be fine with FS

I use my stock MR100 barrel, it's great
DannyJayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 PM #7
r1n

an update;

I bought the hammerhead bangstixx fsr rifled barrel with a spyder fin for the hammer 7 and it is too big to fit into the pump handle. I had to trim down the back half, internal portion of the pump handle with a dremel to make it work.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:33 PM #8
Bowshooter52ga

From what I understand, you don't need or want to use a rifled barrel with FSRs as they have the fins that cause the round to spin in flight. From what I've been told rifling in the barrel can actually counteract, or disturb the spin the fins impart on the fsr.

And I love how people who don't shoot the Hammer 7 assume the barrel is NOT threaded when in fact it is threaded with typical Spyder threads.
Bowshooter52ga is offline   Reply With Quote