PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 12:31 AM #22
Elite2k

has been a member for 10 years
Hey Dredlock, I just want you to know a lot of ppl, myself included, could be greatly offended by your comments regarding the US Military. Sure your allowed to hold your own opinion, but saying the US Army is out to ****'in murder people is a bit out of line man! Its the military that keep this country free and allow business' and games like paintball to be run and survive! There has been a countless number of times the military and all the "pig-dogs" out there have saved this countries *** (yours included) and anyone who has served in, or had family who has served in, the US military deserves some amount of respect for putting their lives on the line, even for ungratefull's like yourself. As far as im concerned your "tid-bit" comments have nothing to do with this post, topic, or paintball at all and next time i, as well as a few others im sure, would love for you to keep what can be taken as an offensive view to yourself. Hell im not telling you to change it, just dont post it in a paintball MB that it has no place in. I came here to read up on PB and help people out, not hear anti-American propaganda from someone whom im sure has no idea what they are talking about and have just heard they're over-sensitive parents complain about "violence on TV" too much.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2001, 08:44 AM #23
hothead2

hothead2 is a founding member
what the ****. dont go around here and dis the US military. just not right.
ping-pong
Old 06-11-2001, 12:22 PM #24
lucky13
Sean MCduff

well anywayz back to the subject. Its your hard worked money that is buying your paintball stuff they can't take it away. Its just like you taking away there stuff that they bought wit there money. But I agree with what everyone else is saying about showing them a video, that would probably be a better idea than blowing his head off with a shotgun.

later sean
Old 06-11-2001, 04:43 PM #25
nuke_france
Banned

My dad was VERY opposed to me playing paintball... But i won him over by just taking him to the local speedball field... and the next day I had my first gun with his permission... talk with reason and you'll get somewhere... but being radical wont get you anywhere.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:06 PM #26
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Freedom?

That's a joke. The black man in America didn't get any of this supposed freedom until 35 years ago. 400 years of oppression and you want to talk about freedom? Leonard Peltier has been in prison for over 20 years, despite the fact that there was no evidence implicating him in anything. Where is his freedom?

Why shouldn't I go around and diss the pigs army? The Gulf War was fought only to protect OIL AND MONEY, not people. Bush told Iraq's people to rise up, but where was Bush supporting them? Americans are so god damn self centered that you tend to think you are the only people that matter on this planet. Sure, you might hear about revolutions in other countries, riots, and massacres, but you only care for 3 minutes, and that's it. And in that three minutes, you don't do anything.

The United States took 2 years until they got involved in World War II, and they had to wait until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. People wouldn't have to put their lives on the line if the right-wing would help to promote actual peace instead of peace at gun-point.

As to your remark about the army not being out to murder people, I beg to differ. I say murder, you say defend. But how does the army "defend America"? By killing people...... Where is the freedom for the people living on the streets? Where was the freedom for Leonard Peltier, Mumia Abu Jamal, Dr. Marting Luther King Jr., Malcom X, and hundreds of thousands of others?

Sure this isn't about paintball, but now you've gone and pissed off my political side. And my political side tells me that is absolutely WRONG to mix the military and paintball. The armed forces is in place to kill people in the "defense of this country." where as paintball is only a game.

And if I've pissed off some conservative, right-wing military veterans, then my job is accomplished. Of course, there are those military veterans that agree with me. Vietnam, Korea, Persian Gulf.... Tell me again how the United States Armed Forces was defending America in those wars. I'm quite interested.
__________________________________________________ __

"How many stadiums could you fill with those who lost their lives in war? Now you look me in my eyes and tell me what it's good for!" - Henry Rollins
Old 06-11-2001, 07:12 PM #27
I Am God

I think in Vietnam US military was defending us because they were trying to weaken the amount of communism is southeast asia
Old 06-11-2001, 07:15 PM #28
98customman
go bunker someone

back to subject

and back to the subject what movie should i show my parents
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.
Old 06-11-2001, 07:36 PM #29
Elite2k

400 years of slavery in the US, and nearly twice that long for the slavery of Hebrews in Egypt. Like it or not Slavery was nearly a word wide institution. America made no wrong by simpley having it. Do i support slaver, hell no. But you cant say "america had slaves" and look poorly upon it when half the world also had slaves, or like institutions. Yes there are homeless and the poverty stricken. Their freedom lies in their god given ability to attempt to better their lives. Anyone who says the doors are not open to them are full of ****.
As for the US not entering WWII for however long. Dont think US was the only country that made dumb moves. After churchills meeting with Hitler following his invasion of Czchekoslovakia (way to murder its spelling i know), Churchill **** his pants so horribly that all he did was have Hitler promise never to do it again than walk away. Rather than physically sign any peace agreements or anything else, Churchill took Hitlers word for it and ran.
The french built the Maginot Line.... Need i say more.
Russia broke the treaty plans to equally devide germany and kept east germany for their own creating the berlin wall.
Every country has its fair share of screw ups and "dark times".
As if the french revolution was an honorable way to overthrow the government.
All in all I pretty much like the world the way it is today. I havent had to deal with any plauges, no world wars, no revolutions, no Depressions (which, btw was just as much the UKs fault as the US's fault for pulling out of trade agreements tied into the world Economy)
The Gulf War was not fought entirely over oil. If you take a look at the article i just wrote about churchill, what happend the last time we just let a dictator march into a country and take it over without doing anything? Seems to me like your contradicting yourself by saying the US never does anything, than by saying it does too much. We Stopped Sadam as soon as we did because we were afraid if we neglected to do so, he would move on to other surrounding countries. Was the US national interest at stake due to the Oil, Hell yes it was. And that was a major part of the war effort as well. Too bad its a much needed natural resource huh.
Come to think of it, WWII itself was started because of tensions caused by the UK and France and inflicting too harsh of punishments on the German States. There was so much tension and uncomfort from Germany towards the West European Countries for demeaning Germany and denying it of support and refunding, it [wwii] was inevitable. Good Move Britain and France, High Five.
Vietnam, Too, was fought by the US to clean up after the French. What country was Vietnam a colony of for more than an extended period of time, oh **** that was France. And after the Viatnemese kicked frances *** (who HASNT kicked frances ***) the country split. SOOoo with the US having a containment policy based on the Domino theory evolving around the Spread of Communism, we had slowly began to support Vietnam, Since 1954. We didnt even ENTER the "police action" untill the late 1960's. (Vietnam wasnt really a war since no declaration had been assigned. this gave the president total control rather than congress. Congress took back this police action once Nixon had come into presidency. Thats a totally different History Lesson)
and IF the us hadnt entered WWII years after it had begun, they would have been as battle worn and weary as the UK and other Allied Fighters were. Lets not forget England was getting its *** handed to it before Hitler made probably the most bogus decision of his career and stopped strategic bombing and replaced it with the bombing of england since the UK unstratigically bombed Berlin. (Yeah UK, way to be civil. Bomb a bunch of innocent Germans in Berlin which was NO WHERE NEAR ANY MILITARY INSTALLATIONS. High Five.)
Im Tired Of Typing. History lesson Over.

Peace
Old 06-11-2001, 07:52 PM #30
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
..COME ON PEOPLE!!..

..lets try to stay on topic. If you would like to discuss opression or anything other then the current topic, please start a new thread or take it to Small Talk.Since this is paintball related, please post on subect.

Later,
Old 06-11-2001, 07:55 PM #31
Elite2k

waa im trying honestly I am!!!
Old 06-11-2001, 10:08 PM #32
Sport_dude
All of the above

I know what it's like

If it wasn't for every1 in my family EXCEPT for my dad I'd have my own paintball gun by now. I've even shown my sis and grandma how safe they are. No matter what I say they'll say that it's dangerous. I checked on a site (in case this helps) that there are more bowling injuries that lead to 1 day or more absence from work/school than in paintball. Then my sis might say "Well, bowling a dangerous sport!" Those people are just too dense to understand.....not that I don't like my grandma, she's just over protective. Good luck!

Support My Team, Wear Our Paint
Old 06-11-2001, 10:14 PM #33
98customman
go bunker someone

ya my parents know that its safe and dont really care (my dad is always rock climbing, and had some bad injuires) they think its a bad influnce and dont like me spending alot of time doing things involved with it. liek reading mags, tournys, i even had to leave my team.
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:17 PM #34
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

who the hell are you to tell all of us USA citizens that out army is just out to murder the world.My gampa seved in the ww2 and he said he never wanted to kill anyone but he was obligated to you know he saw many of his best freinds die nexted to him he will not even talk about it any more you *** dont ever say my gramps is a ****in murderer you *** messed up mind why do you think the us didnt join the ww2 for 2 years porbally because they didnt want more peoples lives in jepordy my god you make me sad......o yeah and paintball is not just a game you dip **** its a sport you make everyone of us fellow paintballers mad. were the hell do you live.......with all the dishonerable Jap craps??
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-11-2001, 10:25 PM #35
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
..okay..

Quote:
Originally posted by SiLeNt 98
who the hell are you to tell all of us USA citizens that out army is just out to murder the world.My gampa seved in the ww2 and he said he never wanted to kill anyone but he was obligated to you know he saw many of his best freinds die nexted to him he will not even talk about it any more you *** dont ever say my gramps is a ****in murderer you *** messed up mind why do you think the us didnt join the ww2 for 2 years porbally because they didnt want more peoples lives in jepordy my god you make me sad......o yeah and paintball is not just a game you dip **** its a sport you make everyone of us fellow paintballers mad. were the hell do you live.......with all the dishonerable Jap craps??
I guess asking was not good enough. I am telling now. STAY on topic, or this thread will be closed. I do not want to, because of the original post, but will, due to the ignorance exibited afterword.

Later,
Old 06-11-2001, 11:24 PM #36
abott
Bombtrack

Dreadloc Doc, I COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!
Finally, someone who has been properly educated! I have agreed with just about every word you have said. I hate the ****ing right wing. Heck, give it a few years, we will be at war with China because of Bush's republican ***. The US Army can kiss my A$$.

LISTEN TO RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, they have many similar views that I have!
Old 06-11-2001, 11:25 PM #37
abott
Bombtrack

sorry mod, but i had to say it!
Old 06-12-2001, 12:29 AM #38
5pecial J
throwin' bows

Exclamation

this is kinda off topic but, Reklats, how could u think about buying bud and still play paintball. I don't know how avid of a player you are but it just wouldn't work for me and how much paintball I play. I used to smoke pot but then I got arrested and had to go to rehab. I pretty much traded my drug addiction for a paintball addiction Now I don't even really think about drugs.
Old 06-12-2001, 12:50 AM #39
5pecial J
throwin' bows

Quote:
don't be a b!tch! do it anyway and if they give you crap about it just say try to stop me. All they can rarely do is ground you or hit you. Which niether work if you don't give a dam about respect.

When my dad hits me I say "Do it again... ohh it feels so good!" or "give me a hundred dollars or I'll let everyone know about this"
it works
Old 06-12-2001, 10:06 AM #40
abott
Bombtrack

ur parents beat you!?

SEEK THERAPY!
Old 06-12-2001, 11:59 AM #41
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

sorry not for staying on task on my last post but my god

that is just red twisted that you let you parents beat you for money .......but hey if ya get a honey bee out of it it could make ur paintball carrer alot cheaper
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-12-2001, 12:00 PM #42
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

oops sorry i was trying to make twisted red:o
Silver SL-68II
Closed Thread