Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2001, 05:52 PM #1
98customman
go bunker someone

has been a member for 10 years
i need help with my parents

my parents are being really ***, they think paintball is a paramilitaristic sport which isn't true and they wont let me play in tournaments with my team, they wont even let me look at paintball magaizines. it is so ridiculus. i need help WHAT SHOULD I DO
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2001, 06:08 PM #2
Spyder SKS
Anti-M&M Forces Commander

ask them why they think so and give them a clear arguemant why its isnt against everything they say

RIPPER COCKER FOR SALE. JUST $325
Old 06-03-2001, 10:53 PM #3
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

i know what you mean i just had a argument with my dad about paintball....but it was about the cost.i just bought $175 buck worth of more stuff for my gun and my dad went crazy...blah blah you are just wasting your money on a fu*kin game that you could save up and buy something worth wile blah blah blah i almost cryed when he said it was not a sport and it is just for adults with full time jobs blah blah blah blah ...now he will not let me buy anything for my gun for like a long time blah blah blah **** YOU DAD
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-03-2001, 11:09 PM #4
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
..remember,uninformed opinions..

Easy guys. If you click on my profile, you can see that I am not a young.."person". My son got me into this great sport, and the only problem I have is..(sometimes) my wife. This sport is NOT "paramilitaristic" by any means. It does tech teamwork, strategy, comradery, and SHOULD be teaching sportsmanship. These facts only touch on what this sport does for its "players". This reply could go on forever, but as a Moderator on this fine forum, I will not let it. I will gladly answer any of your parents questions. If I can be of any help, e-mail me or pm me with any suggestions.I will step off the soapbox for now.

Later,
Old 06-03-2001, 11:20 PM #5
brink

Yeah I got into with my dad today...He said that I wasted my money on my Angel and that he was going to take it away from me. I told him if he did I would take a shotgun and blow his damn head off... Yeah I know that was not a nice thing to say to my dad but nobody threatens to take my Angel away!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2001, 11:22 PM #6
98customman
go bunker someone

thanx man i'm email u if i need it thanx again
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.
Old 06-03-2001, 11:48 PM #7
gfksandiego

brink-
that is the WORST thing you could ever say, ill blow your head off with a shotgun? wtf is that. and your dad put up with that??? if i was a parent and my kid said that to me i would haul off on him and give him 1 month grounding with no everything except school.

Team Illuminati
Old 06-04-2001, 12:13 AM #8
Spyder SKS
Anti-M&M Forces Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by brink
Yeah I got into with my dad today...He said that I wasted my money on my Angel and that he was going to take it away from me. I told him if he did I would take a shotgun and blow his damn head off... Yeah I know that was not a nice thing to say to my dad but nobody threatens to take my Angel away!!!!!!
anyone who touches my cocker without my permission dies.

RIPPER COCKER FOR SALE. JUST $325
Old 06-04-2001, 12:32 AM #9
brink

Yeah thats the way it is with my Angel too. I heard from my brothers friends that he was thinking about taking my Angel just to go and shoot up some guys car that he didnt like. If he would have done that I would have been waiting with a gun until he got home...
Old 06-04-2001, 01:32 AM #10
Cowboy

Maybe you should try taking him to a field to "just check it out" or buy the push video and sit down and watch it with him..... Don't blow his head off or anything, that surely wont work. Your dad may have only seen paintball back in the camo days and doesn't have a good picture. Try to show him a better one...good luck bud.

If you run, you will only die tired.
Old 06-04-2001, 02:13 AM #11
brink

Actually he has been out to the field and watched me in tournaments and stuff. My dad just has one of the worst tempers in the world and if you slip up and say the wrong thing he blows up. I didnt even say anything paintball related to him and he took it way off subject and threatened to take my gun away just because I said something he didnt like. oh well i know hes all talk and no action anyway.
im done venting...
Old 06-04-2001, 03:09 PM #12
ToiletSiphon

Brink, if you have a suspended ceiling, hide your angel there, your father will never find it and won't be able to take it away from you.

My dad is cool about paintball. He does not says anything. But I want to buy a 1600$ (can) MARKER and if he learns the price of the marker, he'll probably kill me or something like that.
Old 06-04-2001, 05:00 PM #13
hothead2

hothead2 is a founding member
my dad is cool with paintball (well thats what u get when u were 8 years old and learned to shoot a goose neck shot gun so he could have dinner, the thing was bigger than him. trust me i know he is 5foot 4inches imagin when he was 8) the only thing he dosnt like is the price
ping-pong
Old 06-07-2001, 01:56 AM #14
Reklats

I don't tell my parents what all the stuff I buy costs. My parents would absolutely flip if they knew. Knowing that the little piece of white plastic I stuck in my gun just cost $30... thats the kinda stuff that would end my paintball career. Of course, I also think about allllllllllllllllll the bud I could get if I didn't spend so much money on paintball.

*commercial narrator voice* "What's your anti-drug?"
Old 06-07-2001, 02:59 PM #15
Elite2k

Explain to your parents that Paintball is really not associated with the military any more than laser tag is. Infact paintball guns were first invented by lumber jacks, and NOT the millitary, to mark tree's that were to be taken down. Simpley because it has the tag "gun" on it doesnt mean its militaristic. Hence words like "radar gun" and "flare gun" non of which are related to millitary or any other violence oriented sport/occupation/activities.

Or if youd rather take a different approach explain to them how paintball has given you new insight to gun violence and war, and how you no longer take it as a joke because you see how easily one can be shot in any form of armed combat, and that the sport gives you a new respect and responsibility for any form of fire-arm as well as CO2 powered markers.

Than continue to give examples of the safety precations fields take and the orginization of the sport. Leagues, Ref's, Insurance Company's, waivers... all of these could be used to help your battle against the dictatorship youre struggling with
Old 06-07-2001, 03:42 PM #16
Paintballboy

I'm sure glad me and my dad both play and that he's probably spent more money on his gun then I have! so I don't have to worry about all these problems with not being able to play or buy stuff for my gun
Old 06-07-2001, 04:07 PM #17
rus

Wow, what a weird thread. "I'll blow your head off, Dad" WTF is that! Maybe you shouldn't be playing paintball if that's your attitude. Come on boys, get a grip, be mature, and talk to your folks. Take them to a field and show them how the game is played.

I know I sound like a parent, but that's because I am. My 18yr old Son and i play almost every weekend together.
Spyder TL+ LP, eLCD, PE 88/3000
Old 06-07-2001, 07:00 PM #18
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
don't be a b!tch! do it anyway and if they give you crap about it just say try to stop me. All they can rarely do is ground you or hit you. Which niether work if you don't give a dam about respect.
Oh yeah, showing them a good paintball video *PUSH* may help them see a diff. side of the sport.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 06-08-2001, 11:13 PM #19
Cowboy

such anger in this thread.....*tisk*...

If you run, you will only die tired.
Old 06-09-2001, 02:29 PM #20
Ak|rA`

i shoot a spyder...not a thousand dollar gun, and anyone touches my gun without my permission, i lose it, i have put a lot of work into it, and worked hard for it. i know exaclty where brink is coming from...if i had an angel, i would probably literaly beat anyone who touched it. we work hard for what we have. it's not right to try to take that away from us.
Old 06-09-2001, 04:01 PM #21
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Paintball is NOT SUPPOSED to be militaristic, but unfortunately there are a bunch of people out there trying to turn that around. If you wanna see something that really pisses me off, go to http://www.battlepaint.com .

Maybe you should listen to what your parents are saying. Then just tell them that you'll save up your money, buy cocaine, and sell it at a higher price, thus becoming a drug dealer and starting up a lucrative business. Before long you will be making $5,000 a week and have more than enough for paintball, and plenty of cash in the bank.

OR, you could go all legal and just turn your parents arguments around on them. Paintball is not like the Capitalist Army (United States Military). You can learn leadership, teamwork, and good sportsmanship from both, but paintball utilizes those traits in a positive way, whereas the Army is just out to ****in' murder people.
If your parents are worried about you becoming one of those right-wing paramilitary racist hicks that set up bomb shacks in Montana, then just go out and start yelling stuff about how the right-wing of the political spectrum is determined to destroy the United States.

A couple other things that might help - How old are you? Are your parents anti-gun freaks (like myself) or pro-gotta have an M-16 in every room and hallway? Are they capitalist pig-dogs or liberal, or what? And write down their entire anti-paintball lecture.
__________________________________________________ __

By the way, practically everyone I know is allowed to hold my Autococker, as long as they don't brake it or destroy it in some fashion.

As for someone claiming they'd like to blow someones head off with a shotgun, to that all I can say is I hope you get banned from what ever paintball fields you play at if that is your attitude.
Closed Thread