PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-02-2004, 05:59 PM #22
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

has been a member for 10 years
I to was present for a hammer head test. My friends team was thinking of buying them so they wanted to test one against a lot of different barrels and I brought my freak along for the ride. I don't remember the exact numbers but the hammer head blasted them all away.

- A poem by Ray Kurzweil's Cybernetic Poet.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2004, 09:16 AM #23
ddinwdc

Yeah, I'm repeating what I've heard somewhere else

Its called a PHYSICS TEXT BOOK. You know, Newton? Laws of thermodynamics? I'm not "worked-up" about the Hammerhead, I'm worked up about IGNORANCE. Its more of the hype-laden crap that has ruined this industry.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:52 AM #24
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

Re: Yeah, I'm repeating what I've heard somewhere else

Quote:
Originally posted by ddinwdc
Its more of the hype-laden crap that has ruined this industry.
No it hasn't. Who gives a crap if rifiling doesn't do anything. A barrel's sole purpose is to get the next shot as close as possible to the previous shot. This barrel excels greatly at doing that. Who gives a damn how?

- A poem by Ray Kurzweil's Cybernetic Poet.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:57 AM #25
discochan
.l.. 0_0 ..l.

Ddinwdc the fact still remains that you preach about ignorance yet you have never shot the barrel before. Ruzhyo666 and I arent arguing about the rifling but the fact that the hammerheads shoot better than the other barrel kits we tested.

You have your opinion and we have ours, I'm done with this. Thanks for the backup Ruzhyo666. Peace!
My Setup
Red to Black Alias, 04 Macdev Conquest 68/45
Old 03-03-2004, 11:59 AM #26
goku
Ninja Pimp

goku is a Supporting Member
Re: Yeah, I'm repeating what I've heard somewhere else

Quote:
Originally posted by ddinwdc
Its called a PHYSICS TEXT BOOK. You know, Newton? Laws of thermodynamics? I'm not "worked-up" about the Hammerhead, I'm worked up about IGNORANCE. Its more of the hype-laden crap that has ruined this industry.
jesus man... you need to chill the **** out. all i ever see you do is rip on hammerhead and yet you've never used one of their barrels. you have absolutely nothing to say about them unless you've used one. your "i've studied physics" crap is retarded.

if you're all "worked-up" about "ignorant" ppl, you're going to be in big trouble when you get into the real world. you might as well kill yourself now. get your panties outta a bunch and move on, or how about ignoring the thread?
Old 03-03-2004, 03:48 PM #27
LCheung
You can't beat physics!

LCheung is a Supporting Member
I'm a skeptic about the rifling myself. What if these performance increases were due to the simple fact that the hammerheads are just that well made and not the rifiling? Now wouldn't that be odd?

Any chance I could convince you Purdue guys to do that same test on video? Not trying to flame or bash or anything, just curious. The Hammerhead is very unique, so it just goes with the skepticism at least on my part.

-Leon
Old 03-03-2004, 06:15 PM #28
AbitNutz
UD Flyers Paintball

uh...what does thermodynamics have to do with paintball barrels?
"Dis could be beeg trooble for Moose and Squirrel..." Black, un-milled '04 Excalibur, assembled & tuned by DC. MQ2 valve, Tadao Yakuza Eblade board, E2 frame, Raguba Grum Trigger, 1st gen 2-liter, DC Volumizer, DC/STD LPR, A+ feed neck, ASA extension, AcidCustoms bolt pin, stainless screw kit, various barrels with "Wedgits".
Old 03-03-2004, 09:23 PM #29
LCheung
You can't beat physics!

LCheung is a Supporting Member
Thermo has to do with everything. Albeit not much with barrels... not as much as other factors at least.

-Leon
Old 03-05-2004, 06:30 AM #30
Shsp8baller
Dj Yosh

Hey when my halo comes in...(FRIDAY) ill make a video of my timmy shooting with the hammerhead

Ill use my Cp Barrel against it too

and

Ill get my friend to shoot his hammerhead w/ his impy
And
Hell use his freak too

and Ill give u all the info like bore size/paint we used and Ill have a video ight

I can do that and ill talk to my friend bout it too

Good luck with yalls decisions!
Josh Lenhart (#25)

https://www.facebook.com/TexasPhalanx
Old 03-05-2004, 01:03 PM #31
sandiegoballer
Banned

Go with any thing custom part.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:56 PM #32
Shsp8baller
Dj Yosh

2k2 Timmy
14 in Hammerhead (4 months old)(No Wear and Tear)
Fin- .690
Paint- Zap Tork .689(5 days old)
Hopper-Halo B

Temperature-70 Degress
Wind- 6-8 miles per hour

Aim or Email me for the video
I NEED A HOST

deeppenetration5
teamak2004@yahoo.com
Josh Lenhart (#25)

Last edited by Shsp8baller : 03-05-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:26 PM #33
spencer069

not to mention that paint was really dimpley
Old 03-06-2004, 09:09 AM #34
Shsp8baller
Dj Yosh

See the test really does show that hammerhead barrels are good

Hope this help yall in yall decisions
Josh Lenhart (#25)

Old 03-28-2004, 04:17 PM #35
52brandon

well, I finally got my gun running perfect again. S I will post my impression of my hammerhead kit. It's nice, I'm impressed with it. The field I played at had a limit of 260 fps, so I haven't tried it at 300 yet, but at 260 I didn't see any corkscrew effect on the way it flies. The barrel is quite accurate, but I'm not sure it is worth the $250 price tag new, I like it, I'm not gonna get rid of it like my freak kit. If you get a good deal, take it. 250 for a barrel kit with only 3 backs is a little to expensive for me.
-68/45 Angel AIR
-Hammerhead fin kit
-Halo B w/ Victory
Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=438865
Old 03-28-2004, 04:55 PM #36
spencer069

its been proven time and time again, with both barrels clean, same bore sizes, and same gun/wind ....basically same conditions overall, the hammerhead will out shoot a freak or ultralight.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:10 PM #37
52brandon

i agree, that's why I sold my freak and am not going to sell my hammerhead, it works perfectly. I was simply saying that the price is too high (in my opinion) for only 3 backs and 1 tip. I think that is why there aren't more hammerheads around right now. People always ask about them and hardly get answers from people that aren't sponsored by hammerhead, and it's common sense that if they sponsor you, you are probably going to say that it is the best, etc. If they were cheaper, people would probably be more likely to give it a shot
-68/45 Angel AIR
-Hammerhead fin kit
-Halo B w/ Victory
Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=438865
Old 03-28-2004, 08:49 PM #38
K4S

I cant find any video on a hammer head barrel....can someone link me to one please?

As well im sceptacle on just how much rifling can do since (as stated before) you're trying to spin a round object with a liquid fill. Im also curious as to how the paintball can actually gain enough spin from only getting shot out at ~280 fps. Real bullets work much differently than paintballs but w/e...i havent even used the kit yet.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:25 AM #39
discochan
.l.. 0_0 ..l.

Go to www.hammerheadpaintball.com and look under the downloads section for a video.
My Setup
Red to Black Alias, 04 Macdev Conquest 68/45
Old 03-29-2004, 02:34 PM #40
madmanindc

Just to add to the mix, my experience with barrel is that is SUCKS! If you are shooting at a range of closer than 30', it is very accurate. Go farther than that, is sends balls all over the place. I purchased a 3-pc fin kit, 12". I shot it with ultra evil, chronic 420, hellfire, big ball, cyclone. ball were breaking left and right. i adjusted my lpr, my dwell to no avail. Put on the progressive (stock) and it shoots great. no breaks, flies straight. put the HH back on, swerve, break, clean, break. I called them and they swapped it out for another new one. Same results. They refunded my money(great customer service though) and sent me a free fin and front to shoot and keep for my troubles...not as many breaks but basicly the same. My friend bought one at the same time for his 98c (1-pc) and while his didnt break balls, it didn't shoot any more accurate than his AA. this is an average barrel at best...
Old 03-31-2004, 12:00 AM #41
Armyboot

Quote:
Originally posted by spencer069
its been proven time and time again, with both barrels clean, same bore sizes, and same gun/wind ....basically same conditions overall, the hammerhead will out shoot a freak or ultralight.
Where has it been proven?

Click here if you want to know why rifling doesn't work on paintballs.

I'm not saying this is a bad barrel, I'm saying it's not worth $250.

Promaster

Pneumag... Coming soon.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:04 AM #42
K4S

Their site is finally up and i watched the video...which makes it look pretty damn amazing. I for one though still have yet to see proof of them being able to shoot through breaks in 5 or less shots as people seems to claim...how can they possibly do that with rifling?

Another thing i cant seem to comprehend is how the results from people vary so much...I mean, okay, i can understand maybe hearing the majority of reviews being mostly good or mostly bad but reviews for the hammerhead seem to be 50% so either hammerheads are a hit or miss or there are just a lot of ignorant jerks out there who say its crap without ever trying it.

I'd also like to know how the rifling (if it even works) affects a paintball...though asking here is futile as i've read from that huge 9 page post about hammerheads...maybe ill call up hammerhead and ask them, i dunno.