Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-26-2004, 05:18 PM #1
ballerfolife
im a baller. . .fo life

has been a member for 10 years
hammerhead

Hey I got a friend that offered me a hammer head for 100 Im not sure whether its the fin kit or not but I was wonderin if anyone had tried them out and how they work. It will be for my new cocker. Also around what do they run?

My Feedback Here
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2004, 05:42 PM #2
Schopf

Get a empire 7 piece or a kaner they're both great. Not too many people have shot hammerheads but you'll probably get an answer from someone from hammerhead " oh yah that hammerhed is the best thar is!" I don't think kaner comes with o rings or a good carrying case but empire does. They're both priced around 130. Try www.one-stop-paintball-shop.com for the empire(where I got mine). Or www.paintballgateway.com for the kaner.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:05 PM #3
ballerfolife
im a baller. . .fo life

well the thing is that if u go to www.hammerhead.com and watch the video it is like a whole new barrel. It has rifle porting which looks very effective.

My Feedback Here
Old 02-27-2004, 06:15 AM #4
Shsp8baller
Dj Yosh

well for that cheap go for the HH find out more detials bout it or just go to the website and look.

IF you have the extra money or w/e then try the empire or the HH fin Kit yeah im sponsored by HH but I honestly really do like the barrels but the empire/cp kits are also good barrels.
Dj Yosh (#25)

https://www.facebook.com/TexasPhalanx
Old 02-27-2004, 10:17 AM #5
ddinwdc

Don't waste your money

its total hype.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:40 AM #6
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

holy crap look at it shoot in that video! its dead on.

- A poem by Ray Kurzweil's Cybernetic Poet.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:50 AM #7
Banshee23

Banshee23 is a Supporting Member
Umm like schoff said just spend another $20 or so dollars & get a barrel kit instead (Kaner, J&J Edge, etc...). It'll shoot just as straight & far as the hammerhead / longbow / whatever other overpriced & overhype'd barrel. BTW Armson has rifled barrels years ago, the Hammerhead's no different. But you don't see people running around going OMG Armson barrels R0X0R!!! All hype...

(\_/)
(O.o)
(>< )
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your sig to help him achieve world domination
Old 02-27-2004, 04:05 PM #8
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

Look at the video. No matter how much you hype a product you can't increase it's performance. No barrel I have ever used myself is that accurate. This includes the freak. Hype really only applies to products that don't perform as good as they are hyped up to be. Obviously, as you can tell from the video, this product deserves all the hype it recieves.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:00 PM #9
ballerfolife
im a baller. . .fo life

well hes gonna let me use it for a couple outings so I can get used to it and see if its ok or not. Ill decide after i use it.

My Feedback Here
Old 02-27-2004, 06:05 PM #10
Paintballguy59

Paintballguy59 is a Supporting Member
I have one and wouldnt reccommend getting one. Not that great imo. I'd rather have a UL (which I ordered btw)
Old 02-27-2004, 06:36 PM #11
ballerfolife
im a baller. . .fo life

well why dont you like it that much. Does it break paint, swerve balls, ect?

My Feedback Here
Old 02-27-2004, 10:15 PM #12
itsfun2bme
Prodical Son

itsfun2bme is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Paintballguy59
I have one and wouldnt reccommend getting one. Not that great imo. I'd rather have a UL (which I ordered btw)
What does it fit, how many fins, what length, and how much you want for it?
Old 02-29-2004, 10:45 AM #13
ShockerGEEk

I was having trouble with my HH on my Viking when I first got it, I was shooting in the 250-260 range it I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with it. I tool it off put it on my brothers Viking and it shot great. I called them and I believe it was a guy named John, told me to increase my velocity to around 280, he said at 250 or so it would do all kinds of freaky things. I raised my velocity, and presto, solved the problem. Now I dont know if it shoots better then any of the other mentioned barrels ie. UL, kaner, J&J, but I can say that it shoots as well as they do.

Cyborg RX FS
Old 02-29-2004, 09:43 PM #14
Jag-Panzer
Pro Hockey Player

All hype, the paintballs wont be traveling fast enough to gain enough torque to actually spin inside of the barrel. I dont know the rate of twist on those barrels but im guessing minimum fps to actually catch the rifling grooves would have to be around 600-800 fps. Even if t he paintball was rotating, the rotation would decelerate very quickly because paintballs are not solid, the solid outside would rotate alot faster than the liquid center, the liquid center would decelerate the rotation of the shell very rapidly, because of this deceleration, pressure could build up unevenly on one side of the ball and then you would have shots all over the place.

The moral of this story is rifled barrels dont work in paintball, and they are harder to clean.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:56 PM #15
discochan
.l.. 0_0 ..l.

I dont care if people preach about how the rifling is all hype. Until you shoot a hammerhead you dont really know how great these things are. After testing the kit against the dye kits, freak, evil, sceptre, otb, it outshot everything. You cant go wrong with the fin kit.
My Setup
Red to Black Alias, 04 Macdev Conquest 68/45
Old 03-02-2004, 11:33 AM #16
ddinwdc

Disco

You tested it? How did you test it? Where is your data? How were you in a position to test against so many other barrels? Please provide the methodolgy of your experiment. Everytime you ask someone for data on this piece of crap, all they do is scream "you won't know until you buy it". Well, for $250, I would like to know before I buy it. I don't buy a car without knowing how much horsepower it has. I don't trust the salesman to tell me the repair record. The first thing that should tip you off to the hype is their utter lack of proof of what they claim.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:12 PM #17
discochan
.l.. 0_0 ..l.

We as a team here at Purdue gathered all the barrel kits we had which was pretty much everything I wrote above. He placed the gun on a stand and shot at a hyperball bunker all the way at the opposite side of the field. We got a free hammerhead kit to test out before we all switched over to them to make sure they were really better than the rest. We looked at the groupings and the hammerhead shot better than all the other kits.

As for specific number of balls shot we dont have that, we just looked at the overall performance when same barrel backs were used. The paint we used was blaze.

Now the Purdue Boilermakers are sponsered by hammerhead and I have had the privilage of using them. I really like my Dye UL kit before but the hammerheads have won me over.

Hope that helps.
My Setup
Old 03-02-2004, 12:32 PM #18
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

Re: Disco

Quote:
Originally posted by ddinwdc
I don't buy a car without knowing how much horsepower it has. I don't trust the salesman to tell me the repair record. The first thing that should tip you off to the hype is their utter lack of proof of what they claim.
Watch teh video. Case closed .

Old 03-02-2004, 03:52 PM #19
ddinwdc

Actually,

that doesn't help at all. To many uncontroled variables (you did it outside? What about wind interference? Were all the barrels new, fresh from the package? No? What about any wear-and-tear issues? Did you test multiple paints? How about multiple markers? You just "eye-balled" the groupings? What were their standard deviations? Come on...). You're sponsored by them and I am supposed to take your critique as unbaised? Why is that the only people who testify to this barrel are people who are sponsored by Hammerhead or live in the area of its production? As for the video...you mean the video PRODUCED BY HAMMERHEAD? Man, the only reason this crap sells is because 99% of paintball consumers are gullible kids. Maybe they should start teaching physics earlier in school, then maybe this stuff wouldn't sell.

Last edited by ddinwdc : 03-02-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:57 PM #20
discochan
.l.. 0_0 ..l.

Yes we did it outside, and sure there was wind but the same goes for any test. It was the same marker a Trix and we used the same paint. Finally we tested the barrels to see if you wanted to be sponsered by them, we had to be sure we liked them before we used them. I shot a Dye UL kit before and loved it, but I like the hammerhead more.

To be honest I dont know why your so worked up about this whole thing, has hammerhead like screwed you in anyway. If you havent shot a hammerhead then you have no proof behind any words your saying. Your just repeating what you heard somewhere else.

I on the other hand was present for the test we did, and have been shooting the kit for about a year now without problems and am very satisfied. I'm not trying to say everything else sucks so just chill out man.
My Setup

Last edited by discochan : 03-02-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:04 PM #21
discochan
.l.. 0_0 ..l.

Oh yeah one more thing no we didnt calculate standard deviations. I'm not sure of anyone on PBN that would actually do that, but hey who knows.

The reason why the most hammerhead testimonials come from sponsered teams or teams within the vicinity is because the kit is expensive. To be honest if I had to pay 250 I would be pretty hesitant as well, but they work great and if you have the money its a great kit.
My Setup

Last edited by discochan : 03-02-2004 at 04:06 PM.