PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 PM #1
Nick1834

Help With Invert Mini

Hello,
I am slightly new to electric guns for paintball. I have recently just purchased my first, a new invert mini from I think 2012. Also, I bought a pure energy used HPA tank from my local shop. While trying to set the gun up I encounter problems. The regulator dial would not move from 0 which resulted in the gun not being able to be fired. The advice my local store gave me was to keep cranking it until it moved between 180 and 200, which is standard. I cranked it and nothing happened and when i attached the tank it shot all of the air out of it through a hole near the fill nob. Sorry if my terms are not correct. I don't know if there is something wrong with the gun or with the tank but please help!
Nick1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2014, 09:08 PM #2
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

Are you saying you tried raising the pressure before attaching the tank? You have to have sufficient air pressure going into the marker to adjust the gauge. If your marker has no air in it the gauge will sit at zero. If you cranked the reg up all the way without air then attach a full tank it will over-pressurize. Which is exactly what it sounds like you're doing.

To lower your pressure you have to cycle the marker as you make adjustments. So make sure you have a fresh battery & your allen wrench. You do not need paint. You can turn your eyes off. Set the reg to exactly 200 psi.

Some Invaluable Words of Wisdom:
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
-Ecclesiastes 10:2
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:06 PM #3
Nick1834

ok so now that I have cranked the tank way up and caused tis how to I get it back down to low pressure? Also, after this do I hook up the tank and the turn the regulator up?
Nick1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 PM #4
gamer565
*****es love cannons!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Sounds like you need to download and read the owners manual before playing with the marker..

Zero the velocity adjuster, screw the tank in(when I has pressure) then adjust velocity pressure to 200psi.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 PM #5
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1834 View Post
ok so now that I have cranked the tank way up and caused tis how to I get it back down to low pressure? Also, after this do I hook up the tank and the turn the regulator up?
Air the marker up & while cycling (eyes off) turn your reg pressure down to 200 psi. Not the tank pressure. Not the velocity adjustment in the back. The regulator on the marker where you screw the tank in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Sounds like you need to download and read the owners manual before playing with the marker..

Zero the velocity adjuster, screw the tank in(when I has pressure) then adjust velocity pressure to 200psi.
You're describing two different things. The reg pressure should be on 200 psi for a stock Mini. Adjusting the velocity is done separately.

Some Invaluable Words of Wisdom:
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
-Ecclesiastes 10:2
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:36 AM #6
Kolds

Kolds owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Kolds has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kolds supports Empire
Oh lord PLEASE find a Tech at your local field to show you how to handle this before your dropping 80$ on a new regulator.
PE Etek 3Lt, Stock, Cobalt/black
PE Etha, Stock, Black/black
Invert Mini, Relay ASA, CF Stiffi 14" barrel

" We must stand united as brothers against this front of haters, and to they WILL fall to our superior arms and beg us only for mercy as we hand them the paper towel of defeat!" ~ Me
Kolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:51 PM #7
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyRuler View Post
Air the marker up & while cycling (eyes off) turn your reg pressure down to 200 psi. Not the tank pressure. Not the velocity adjustment in the back. The regulator on the marker where you screw the tank in.

You're describing two different things. The reg pressure should be on 200 psi for a stock Mini. Adjusting the velocity is done separately.
you can use the pressure to adjust the velocity as well if you set it close to velocity with the rear adjustment and just raise and lower to fine tune it. that is what we do with all the minis at our field.. pretty much makes them idiot proof
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:54 AM #8
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Never adjust your regulators without air unless you're adjusting them to cut all flow off.

Period.

otherwise you run the risk of damaging a lot of innards.

That's a lot of $$$$$ for just turning a metal knob with a stick.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote