Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-18-2001, 01:54 PM #1
Adamantite

has been a member for 10 years
Timmy LP pressures

Hi all

My timmy, when running without the LP mod, ran at 300+psi on the high side (dunno how much really, cause I killed the 300psi gauge). I recently converted to the LP mod, and now the high side is at 165-170psi. I guess this low of a pressure means I'm getting a very low shot count, is that right? I haven't shot it that much to notice by myself, but theoretically I guess that's it.

If so, what can I do about it? Is there anyway to raise the pressure to say, 200-210psi? Would that increase my shot count?
What if I change my dwell?

please enlighten me guys

Last edited by Adamantite : 12-18-2001 at 01:57 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2001, 02:11 PM #2
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Yeah mine was 175 @ 280. I put in Bob's Delrin bolt and i am 200 @ 280 right now.
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 12-18-2001, 07:07 PM #3
Adamantite

really? putting in a lighter bolt will let me increase the pressure? I expected the opposite
Old 12-19-2001, 01:18 AM #4
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

neildepainter donated to help Peyton Trent
He had to increase his pressure because he used Bobby's bolt. It has decreased efficiency because it fits 'loosly' in the chamber, thus needing you to up your pressure to compensate for the blow back that the bolt has.
With MTN's bolt your theory is right. It fit's tight in the chamber, with virtually no blow back and you are able to drop you pressure. That is why we do not recommend the ligher gen 5 bolt with the LP mod. You might have to decrease your pressure even lower, which will consume more air in the long run.