Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM #1
mini_invert_clellis

Invert Mini or Danger Power G5?

I am ordering a new gun soon and these are the two options that I have boiled down to. Please help, and list pros and cons! Thank You!
mini_invert_clellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2014, 02:51 PM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
The biggest "pro" I can give you with the Mini, or any KEE product, is the support you'll have. I've seen people get new grip frames, I've gotten new hopper shells, heard of new boards, new solenoids, and so on... all at no charge. I don't think there's any better customer support out there than what KEE offers.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:54 PM #3
mini_invert_clellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
The biggest "pro" I can give you with the Mini, or any KEE product, is the support you'll have. I've seen people get new grip frames, I've gotten new hopper shells, heard of new boards, new solenoids, and so on... all at no charge. I don't think there's any better customer support out there than what KEE offers.
Thanks for the feedback, i have read many things anout how great the support is as well
Old 07-22-2014, 03:29 PM #4
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

I have a g3 spec-r and an axe. I have a tech t bolt on the g3 until the prototype internals are finished and there is no comparison. The axe is smoother, quieter and much more efficient. The only thing the g-series has going for it is the more traditional ergonomics and the trigger is pretty nice.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 PM #5
mini_invert_clellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I have a g3 spec-r and an axe. I have a tech t bolt on the g3 until the prototype internals are finished and there is no comparison. The axe is smoother, quieter and much more efficient. The only thing the g-series has going for it is the more traditional ergonomics and the trigger is pretty nice.
Thanks!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM #6
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

pbcheese has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Iv had 2 minis and now an axe... i owned 1 g5. Never will i own another dangerous power product. It was comfortable and had nice trigger, but shotty board and went down for various other reason also. Bolt stick, reg sticking, hard to track leaks.... all the mini and axe issies we 're e very easily fixed.
pbcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 PM #7
Ahura_Mazda

I have an axe and a G5 and I like them both for different reasons, and they each get about the same amount of play time. I like the weight and ergos of the G5 a little more, but the smooth shot and sound of the axe (which will be very similar with the mini). Have you held or shot the mini and G5?

One more thing the mini has going for it are the load of options with upgrades and customization. Unfortunately the G5 doesn't have very many options in that regard.

Last edited by Ahura_Mazda : 07-23-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 PM #8
hit_wiper

I've had two friends with a G4 and a G5, and they said they would never go with Dangerouhisssssssssssssssssssssssssss Power again.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:09 AM #9
Ackon

I always heard DP markers had reliability issues.

I guess just hold them both and see what feels better in your hand. And if you could take a few shots.
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:05 AM #10
ironyusa

I think most of the DP hate is a bit unwarranted. Things like bolt stick are largely related to over or under lubing. It uses the same basic bolt system as the MacDev drone dx and the PE geo. It's not a horrible design, but it lacks some of the features and quality of those.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:42 AM #11
Ahura_Mazda

Quote:
I think most of the DP hate is a bit unwarranted. Things like bolt stick are largely related to over or under lubing. It uses the same basic bolt system as the MacDev drone dx and the PE geo. It's not a horrible design, but it lacks some of the features and quality of those.
Well put, I'd have to agree
Old 07-23-2014, 05:22 PM #12
R3L
CCM is not a verb

I've owned a G4 and a Mini at the same time. I thought the G4 (with Techt bolt) shot better and had better better feel.

That said, the GS fixes most of my problems with the Mini. The terrible trigger, the bouncy board and the lack of an on/ff asa. And KEE's customer support seems like the best there is; their philosophy is "here have this for free."
Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 PM #13
Ahura_Mazda

The G5 also fixed a few things with the G4 (kinda hard to have macroline issues if you are macroless ). These are just some other thoughts, not saying the mini bolt design is complicated, but the G5 is much simpler, with fewer o-rings. If you like to tune and tinker, the mini has a lot of different tuning options, whereas the G5 is really just air it up and play, not really a way to tune it aside from maybe adjusting the dwell a bit when the gun is broken in.

I would say the most important element is if you like the feel of the mini because it is too small for many people. Have you held it or even better shot/played with it?

Last edited by Ahura_Mazda : 07-23-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 PM #14
ironyusa

To be fair, the mini really has only 1 super critical dynamic type seal and it's the poppet face. The oring on the poppet, bolt and bolt guide orings don't require perfect seal fidelity. The axe/ mini design is super robust.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 PM #15
Trendwolf
The WOLF

Trendwolf owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Trendwolf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I love my mini, you should get one.
Trendwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:05 PM #16
Trendwolf
The WOLF

Trendwolf owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Trendwolf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
im gay
Trendwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:15 PM #17
MadMaxAxe

MadMaxAxe supports Empire
I would go with an Axe, same as the mini with a little more meat.
Dust Black Empire Axe, Virtue OLED Board, Exalt grips, Lurker bolt and barrel, Dye Rotor, Black Ninja Stubby.
Set up, 1 1/4 out, 150 psi, 5ms. Whisper quiet
MadMaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:35 PM #18
Ahura_Mazda

Quote:
To be fair, the mini really has only 1 super critical dynamic type seal and it's the poppet face. The oring on the poppet, bolt and bolt guide orings don't require perfect seal fidelity. The axe/ mini design is super robust.
That is true. Some people have issues finding the right balance between enough and too little drag on the bolt guide area. That's something that once I figured out I haven't had to do much with since and I don't expect to really. The g series almost makes me laugh when I look at it's bolt compared to other spools it's so minimal.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:36 AM #19
Jeep4Life

Don't own either, but my wife rolls a mini and my buddy a G5. My opinion from when I've held or shot them is to go with the mini, or better yet an axe. The mini/ axe is very upgradable, while my friend likes his G5 he is bummed about not having any aftermarket support for it. The g5 does have a great asa though, while mini not so much, which is a good reason to look at an axe.

And my parting thought, have you considered a Tippmann Crossover? I personally use one and it's been great. Minimal maintenance, good shot quality, robust feel and allows for flexibility of play style. But given the options you've listed go for mini/axe.
Jeep4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:57 PM #20
mini_invert_clellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4Life View Post
my wife rolls a mini
relation ship goals
Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 PM #21
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

pbcheese has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Another issue i had was the bolt design, and material. It almost resmebles that of a 3xxx alloy in its feel and wear characteristcs. The fact that a small bit of sand entered breach and made contact with bolt surface, scratched and mared it all up causing nics in t he surface. A harder 6xxx alloy doesnt do that. Ok, so a solve would be orings on the bolt instead of in the breach... if the bolt was suspend by rings on its own the dirt would travel WITH the bolt saving the surface, but since the orings are stationary the dirt sticks to them and bolt slides axross it.... long story short, the mini is a better designed more robust marker for the money hands down.... hince the fact that they've become "oh another ion, ops, i mean mini"
pbcheese is offline   Reply With Quote