What subculture do you identify with? - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: What subculture do you identify with?
Punk 20 20.83%
Hippy 13 13.54%
Raver 6 6.25%
Goth 9 9.38%
Skater 17 17.71%
Rap/Hip Hop 14 14.58%
Indie 15 15.63%
Prep 23 23.96%
Geek or nerd 15 15.63%
None 46 47.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-25-2004, 04:11 PM #22
dysfuncti0n
I'm Back

dysfuncti0n is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I really can not label myself. Some say goth, but I am really not, I am pale and I wear black band shirts and sweatshirts, but I would not say that makes me goth. Back in High School I hung out with a diverse group, the slackers, some preps, some just regular. I think labels are very stupid, I honestly don't know anyone else like me that I could group myself with.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2004, 04:28 PM #23
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
In high school, I was friends with pretty much each of those subcultures. I've never been classifiable, which I think is neat.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 02-25-2004, 05:27 PM #24
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Fatty
In high school, I was friends with pretty much each of those subcultures. I've never been classifiable, which I think is neat.

Dave
I essentially was the same way, except I didn't hang out with preppies much, BECAUSE I AM NOT A ROBOT!
Old 02-25-2004, 05:32 PM #25
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

im in a sub-sub-culture. i am in the sub-popular, sub-jock, sub-hiphop, sub-none category.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:34 PM #26
NotChunks
Banned

NotChunks is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Mag Master 21
Prep..
People call me that, but I dont think I am any group.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:34 PM #27
larry_wendel_<3's_christmas
Mike Vick > you

I hung out with a few preps, a few punk/skater/metal kids, a few stoners/druggies, a few ravers...etc in High School... what does that make me?

And here at college, I hang out with the same kind of people as HS... some punks/indie kids/hippies/raver/pot heads/alcoholics.. and my gf is preppy if you'd ask me... but I don't care.

Its pathetic if you feel the need to label yourself.

Kennesaw State University = NCAA Div 2 National Champions. woowoo
Old 02-25-2004, 05:38 PM #28
Westopher
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Cool

I've got some goth, some punk, some days are t-shirt and jeans some hippie I guess, etc. what ever I like. Somedays I just really want to put on the tribal shirt from Hot Topic and the *****ing black pants from Pacific Sunwear and go poser on everything.

Metro, I've got some shirts that are just gay like woah. Very renne faire-ish.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:47 PM #29
Boner
jesus pwns

If I was to be labled it would most likely be a prep, however this does not limit my friends to this group alone. Labels in general are pretty pointless, but I guess whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:49 PM #30
yeahthatsme
hung

yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
i clicked them all cus you had multi-option turned on.

i win.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:52 PM #31
not_Ov3rmind
Banned

I hang out with people from a few "subcultures". Honestly if someone in my school was going to classify me, they might be going in the direction of indie, but I really don't see myself in any specific category.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:55 PM #32
Fatty
Super Pimp

If I had to choose, I'd choose MetroSexual.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 02-25-2004, 06:42 PM #33
terry_wendel
I disagree!

As much as everyone one of you say it's stupid to identify yourself with any of those groups you know that it's a fact that you fall into one of those. It doesn't matter who you hang out with that identifies you, all that matters is what your beliefs are. If you weren't so concentrated on the fact that it's cool to disagree with this idea, then you would have noticed this isn't a single option poll, you can choose as many of them as you like.

So shut the **** up, stop trying to be cool, and choose the few that most identify yourself.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:48 PM #34
meatloaf
COCKERMAN

meatloaf is a Supporting Member
meatloaf is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by ApoC_101
this poll blows. anyone who can actually identify with ANY of those is a total moron with no personality.
HAHAH SO TRUE!
these are not subcultures, these are CLICKS that are formed in highschool! ****ing moron. but damn homie for serious, im a e-thug. learn soc then come back and talk. you HIPPIE!
-02 Freeflow Lotus
-GX-3 sniper
-99 RF 'Cocker
Old 02-25-2004, 09:09 PM #35
astroboy
Team Sabotage

Quote:
Originally posted by meatloaf
HAHAH SO TRUE!
these are not subcultures, these are CLICKS that are formed in highschool! ****ing moron. but damn homie for serious, im a e-thug. learn soc then come back and talk. you HIPPIE!
Ok then what ARE subcultures?
Old 02-25-2004, 09:14 PM #36
zack

lacrosse
Old 02-25-2004, 09:16 PM #37
waveryth3m
Banned

waveryth3m is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by terry_wendel
As much as everyone one of you say it's stupid to identify yourself with any of those groups you know that it's a fact that you fall into one of those. It doesn't matter who you hang out with that identifies you, all that matters is what your beliefs are. If you weren't so concentrated on the fact that it's cool to disagree with this idea, then you would have noticed this isn't a single option poll, you can choose as many of them as you like.

So shut the **** up, stop trying to be cool, and choose the few that most identify yourself.
Umm, ok, how about this. How can you identify 'prep' or 'indie' as a belief? You cant, if you were to group people into cultures based on their beliefs, you'd have 90% dumb ****/christian and 10% nihilist.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:28 AM #38
Fatty
Super Pimp

Quote:

So, what are the "beliefs" of these categories? Do punks necessarily have different beliefs than jocks? Or is it maybe that they enjoy listening to punk music, and wearing shirts of their favourite bands?

Do jocks NOT listen to punk, because they are jocks? Or is it just that they'd prefer to show support for their favourite teams, instead of wearing shirts promoting some punk bands that they like?

What exactly are "beliefs"?

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 02-26-2004, 11:23 AM #39
elTwitcho

Quote:

By day on Mon-Weds I'm a college student who works nights as a parking attendant.

Thurs-Friday I'm a corporate sellout who wears a tie to work

Friday night I get drunk

Saturday night I get drunk/get high/both/go to a bar depending on my mood

Sunday mornings I go for lunch in the "hip" part of Toronto

I listen to rap, rock, trip hop and other electronic music styles

My clothing style usually involves "black people style" pants, button up shirts (non "black people style") or a T-shirt or hooded sweatshirt, I've got a pair of Vans shoes, and a pair of timberland boots, and both a leather jacket and a snowboarding jacket for winter wear

My life philosophies are a mix of buddhism with some stuff from a bunch of philosophers mixed in.

Maybe you could fill me in then, whether that describes someone who is either a Punk, Hippy, Raver, Goth, Skater, Rap/Hip Hop, Indie, Prep or "geek or Nerd" because I would have (mistakenly it appears) truly considered myself not to belong to any subculture.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 02-26-2004, 11:28 AM #40
terry_wendel
I disagree!

So vote everyone of them. It's simple.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:33 AM #41
elTwitcho

But isn't that the same as "none"?

And really, I think there are people who just don't consider themselves a part of any group, and people who make not being part of a subculture their subculture. "None" might actually be a perfectly valid answer in this case if you're willing to think of that as a subculture of it's own full of people who say things like "No way man, don't label me, I'm like an individual and totally unique (wtf I had a brain fart and don't know if I spelt that right) and won't fall into your stereotype you fascist". Those people are dickholes and fully deserving of their own subculture of likeminded dickholes who make "being part of a group that is totally unique and hell bent on pretending it's not a group" their identity.

Think about it

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 02-26-2004, 11:41 AM #42
terry_wendel
I disagree!

Yeah, I know. I was just seeing who I could piss off. How often am I serious in this forum? Never.