Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-18-2001, 10:21 AM #1
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

has been a member for 10 years
Angry A very bad day with my timmy

I just got my gun back from Smoke, and i was siked for a day of paintball. The day started off with me getting there late do to my brothers having to get ready. Then when i gassed up my timmy the input pressure from my vigilante was all the way, so i tried to turn it down, while gassed up. The vigilante EXPLODED (YES EXPLODED) and everything shot out of it. I put it back together and all was good. I was 268, 268, 270, 268, 270 over the chrono (limit at field is 280).... I go on to the field and had a decent first game. Then the second game came along, and BREAK. I broke a ball. It wasnt a chop but a broken ball. This trend continued but with no chopping. The inside body, bolt, and everything else were completely clean. A very wierd thing if u ask me. This happened about every other game, and yes my eyes were on. I have no clue what happened either. I would quickly queegie it and it would be perfect after a couple of shots. The question is, was it my barrel to blame, the paint (diablo blaze), the weather(40 degrees), or was it just an Omen sent down upon me.
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2001, 12:05 PM #2
danman

Paint to barrel fit - shredding paint in the barrel. The bolt and Breech were clean so the paintball made it through the action fine, just on its trip down the barrel to the target is where things went wrong.

CCM Series5 E-Bladed

CCI Phantom
Old 12-18-2001, 12:32 PM #3
fuzz

fuzz is a Supporting Member
With danman I concur(agree).

Since it's blaze, the bore size should be small enough that the barrel wasn't too small. Maybe the paint was abnormally brittle or there was a problem in the transition between the body & the barrel(I had a 98 that was so slightly off center that a lip was formed & would catch some paintballs).

I've never played in 40 degree weather, does it make paint more brittle? Were other people chopping? In any case, it's not the eye for sure since it's not chopping with the bolt. Let us know what you find out
Old 12-18-2001, 12:44 PM #4
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Yeah my brother was chopping with his impulse (used the same paint)..... Also, my friend phil was playing with his angel and revenge (using marbs) and chopped at LEAST ONCE EVERYGAME... Everyone was having problems at the ENTIRE field.... I have no idea what could be up... Maybe it was the temperature. I have now officially quit winterball...lol. Also, i was using a freak so the paint/barrel match was dead on which is also seen in my chronoing. I can never have anything go my way...i never chop and it works flawless, but with +-6, and when i get +-2 it breaks like crazy... Im telling you, i havent had the greatest luck this winter.
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 12-18-2001, 12:56 PM #5
fuzz

fuzz is a Supporting Member
move somewhere warmer
Old 12-18-2001, 04:35 PM #6
splatterpunx

it was the weather or improperly stored damaged paint or both
combined,i used to play in the dead of winter in PA and if it wasnt
for team colors winter fill and rps polar ice i woulda been sitten
in front of the tv
Old 12-18-2001, 06:44 PM #7
BluDYEangel
31st Regime

If your paint to barrel match was very off that would have happened, I shot some nasty paint this weekend and had a really horrible time with it, and the weather, if it was 40 degrees it would mess with your paint, Big C, one of my friends has the nicest timmy, and he broke paint that day.

Garrett
Old 12-19-2001, 08:09 AM #8
smoke

smoke is a Supporting Member
splatterpunx is right. It was the weather or improperly stored damaged paint or both

I am more curious about the vigilante exploding. I had to lube the reg because it was sticking When I tested it. Sounds like it stuck again and you unscrewed the adjusting screw all the way.
I only mention this because I remember it being pretty far out when I got the pressures correct and tested the gun before shipping.

My suggestion is you get another reg. Stay away from another Vigilante though.
Distributor for FEP/Quest, Cyborgs, Crossfire Tanks
Factory Authorized FEP/Quest, Intimidator and Cyborg repair center ...your one stop shop for Parts and upgrades
Home of the famous Blue Ball Stops
Better than OEM Wiring Harnesses, Eyes, Also carry O-rings, Bolts, Screws and many other parts...
live each day as though it's your last.
Old 12-19-2001, 01:41 PM #9
SHaYDeE

yea stay away from the vigilante. i learned my lessons. get a glad or palmer. its the only quality reg that i suggest using.

Sherwood Forest Paintball -
http://www.paintballforest.com
Old 12-19-2001, 04:05 PM #10
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Yeah i think im gonna get a center flag reg. i found them new at NPS under the for sale section for only $72. I am also selling my freak for VERY CHEAP. Heres a link http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...threadid=42725

**Also, i was using fresh blaze. I got it 2 days before from paintballgeaks. The blaze was VERY VERY brittle though. I could litterally lob it against a tree and it wud break. Plus as i said it was 40degrees out. Also when i aired up the gun, the vigi needle was WAY past the 300psi mark on the guage(the farthest mine goes). I tried backing it out and it all of a sudden exploded. I put it back to gether starting from 0psi and worked my way back to 200psi. I am definitly getting a new reg though.
- Ronald Reagan