Annual Supporting Member
jpmf1001 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jpmf1001 works for a Paintball manufacturer
jpmf1001 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jpmf1001 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2thousand4 View Post
Bob long has not used any Tadao products in a few years. He isn't planning on using them in the future either.
Tim,
Bob can say he plans on not using Tadao in the future. The truth is Bob owes Tadao thousands of dollars. So its not really Bobs choice is it?
-Walter
jpmf1001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2014, 03:55 PM #86
Calin

Calin is a Moderator
Calin is a Supporting Member
Calin donated to help Peyton Trent
Calin supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
First, everyone who says they should cover the boards, you are right. You have the moral high ground.

That is being generous, more than generous - so let's cut it in half $37.50 and then let's cut it in half again. $18.75.
Now lets say it a $5,000 fee for setup and 3,000 parts minimum so $18.75 times 3,000 and $5,000 = $61,250
Now you can do the math many ways and, theoretically, get that number down. Maybe - only maybe - cut it in half, but this one you can't cut in half again.
Not knowing the part would fail it's unreasonable to buy enough to have on hand to cover all the bad ones. To get new ones made is expensive - if it's too expensive is a decision you have to make.
No dog in this fight - just saying.

Yep, I get it. As I started out with, you have the moral high ground. You win. Just understand there is a reason for the saying "you can't please everyone". At some point, some will be disappointed.
Those maybe your numbers for producing boards you stick in your guns. But then again how are those gun sales coming along? Is it working out for ya?

Look I don't want to start a fight but in a world with KIA Motors to Lamborghini's and everything in between do you think there are different costs for seemingly similar products?

Truly "ignorant" people are those who call others "ignorant, misinformed, uninformed" and are the same people that have lost an argument.

Typos happen.
Calin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:49 PM #87
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
I see tadao has replacement OLED screens up on their website, why is that not a good option compared to the led? Same problems as before?
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:52 AM #88
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
I hope most of you realize that the display manufacturer no longer makes the screens for these boards and they CANT replace them because they dont exist any more.

Sucks because its really not tadaos fault at all. What were they supposed to do? Test a screen for over a year to see if it will ever fail? Thats not how it works when you utilize a technology that has been proven to work reliably for a long time, unfortunately they got the short straw on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmf1001 View Post
Tim,
Bob can say he plans on not using Tadao in the future. The truth is Bob owes Tadao thousands of dollars. So its not really Bobs choice is it?
-Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecapox View Post
This is grounds for a class action lawsuit. Portion of money back, full refund with return of defective board, or FREE led replacement board.
because thats what this industry needs. They clearly did not mean to rape the entire paintball community so back off???

Should the SLG be grounds for a class action law suit against dye? Should we sue Eclipse for allowing the grip screws to puncture noids in their early ego? Should we sue Jack Rice because we dont like what he says??? Should we sue Bob Long for making stupid claims about his guns or maybe sue smart parts because they sued everyone else? Merica.

Last edited by firefoxx04 : 07-30-2014 at 12:58 AM.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:53 AM #89
noypijay

Just my two cents received email from Will there is no led upgrade for yakuza intimidator boards, because oled screen can't be removed. Sorry guys
noypijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:43 AM #90
LOSERONE
hateyou for lyfe 816 army

Yeah I spent 180 on a oled for my dm 13 not even a year later the screen went out completely. I contacted tadao and was told there os nothing they could do. So much for your worthless warranty. So now I have a $180 board I cant use cause it has no screen. Great way for this company to go out of business. . Take the money and run...
Old 07-31-2014, 10:54 AM #91
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

I'm not great with electronics and don't have a dog in this fight but there was no way to, you know, use another oled display instead of the one that was burning out after that company went belly up.

Are the small oled displays we see in all the modern guns that much different from each other, that a code update or adding a resistor or some other component wouldn't make them compatible?

It just sounds like finding another product that is already being used in the industry, on other boards and making that function, on the dead tadao boards was out of the question. Why?

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB

Last edited by paintballer50505 : 07-31-2014 at 10:56 AM.
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:58 AM #92
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

I'd doubt they use the same pinouts. I'd have to do some research to find it. Even then, you'd need to find something with the same or similar voltage requirements.

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:15 PM #93
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
I'd doubt they use the same pinouts. I'd have to do some research to find it. Even then, you'd need to find something with the same or similar voltage requirements.
I see what your saying bit if it's just pinout and small voltage change then that's crap that they couldn't make a different screen work with their product. They got an led module to work by mounting it to take the pinouts on their board and how drastic can voltage requirements be between the screen tadao used vs the virtue screens or ape screens or anyone else who produced a screen that was used in our industry.

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:22 AM #94
iBEAST

So I wonder if there is a fix for the SR board?
iBEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.