ReplyNews Ups

Old 07-23-2014, 05:51 PM #64
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
Yep, I get it. As I started out with, you have the moral high ground. You win. Just understand there is a reason for the saying "you can't please everyone". At some point, some will be disappointed.
Had the screens turned out perfect and say Virtue's had wide spread issues, would we be given a refund from him over estimating the number of warranty returns? When things go well for a company they have no problem taking in as much cash as they can get. When something goes wrong, the consumer is supposed to feel bad for them and let them out of their obligations. It was a simple transaction. Tadao was to provide a board free from defect for life and the consumer provided money. That didn't happen.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2014, 06:12 PM #65
ecapox
Ummmmmm

ecapox owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
This is grounds for a class action lawsuit. Portion of money back, full refund with return of defective board, or FREE led replacement board.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:41 PM #66
Artimis

Artimis is a founding member
Artimis owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
There is something in business (and life) called good faith.
I can understand any boards that were sold - in good faith - before he knew there was a problem. The good faith part comes in as to when did he know he had a problem - and when did he stop selling those boards.
You didn't say when you bought. I bought boards several years ago, and I bought some replacement screens. But I haven't bought a Tadao board for about 3 years.
Couple years later - OK, good faith. 6 months, not so OK
He was aware there was a problem. The boards had been on the market for well over a year and he acknowledged this wasn't the first he had heard of it.... Hence the reason he said that he released a new board which had user replaceable screens. At that time, the appropriate thing to do would have been to either:
a) offer to replace the defective board free of charge with the same model (and I would acknowledge the potential issue moving forward)
b) offer to accept the defective board as trade-in credit towards one of the newer (tengu) boards.

Neither of these were presented as options.

On the one hand, I do commend him for:
a) creating a board that allows users to replace error prone parts without having to replace the whole board.
b) creating a solution for replacing the error prone parts that are no longer in production.

On the other hand, I'm still bitter about those of us who fell into this SOL category. At the time I bought the board, there was no mention about the warranty not covering the OLED display. That was only amended after-the-fact when he knew there was a problem.
Artimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM #67
NYJets0326

NYJets0326 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NYJets0326 is an NCPA player
NYJets0326 plays in the APPA D4 division
okay, so this is cool. How do we start the process? I have a v1 and ego8 both with bad screens on their tadao boards. Who do I call, is there a form, what next?
Old 07-23-2014, 08:15 PM #68
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Moderator
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
And I'm still stuck with board with a non working OLED board for my old PM8. Not pissed at Will by any means just sucks having a board that works but I can't see the damn screen so it's basically useless.
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:50 PM #69
Fearless_Leader
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimis View Post
He was aware there was a problem. The boards had been on the market for well over a year and he acknowledged this wasn't the first he had heard of it.... Hence the reason he said that he released a new board which had user replaceable screens. At that time, the appropriate thing to do would have been to either:
a) offer to replace the defective board free of charge with the same model (and I would acknowledge the potential issue moving forward)
b) offer to accept the defective board as trade-in credit towards one of the newer (tengu) boards.

Neither of these were presented as options.

Option A
Though not free, also note "Replacement displays carry a 90 day warranty"

Option B
Has been an option since I preorder the non usb cocker board

Next lets look at tadao website March 30th 2010

Quote:
Tadao Technologies LLC provides a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects to the original owner.
Quote:
Discontinued products are subject to warranty repairs only.
Repairs not replacements

Not a lawyer, but it looks like Will is doing more than his part.

If you bought a board Pre 2010 will need to look at you warranty paper work and kept your recipe. Good chance the verbiage is similar to what I posted above.

Quote:
Warranty claims must be accompanied by dated receipt of purchase.

I can say for certain that if you have a working cocker that shoots just fine you are one of the three, or all of the above. 1- you are not an idiot. 2- you know someone who is not an idiot. 3- you have enough money to pay someone who is not an idiot. - jonotwist
Fearless_Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:12 PM #70
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'm all about LED boards. Maybe I'll go buy one of those boards now.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:24 AM #71
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecapox View Post
This is grounds for a class action lawsuit. Portion of money back, full refund with return of defective board, or FREE led replacement board.
Yeah but you have to realize that this isn't the real world this is paintball where a punishment is people bashing you on here. No action further will be taken because everyone seems ok with what happened. I never was a fan of tadao because I felt they limited themselves and would cut themselves out of business where as virtue was constantly changing
2 Cyborg 6s, Vanquish 1.5, Ego11, Protégé FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post84973761
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 AM #72
Artimis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless_Leader View Post

Option A
Though not free, also note "Replacement displays carry a 90 day warranty"

Option B
Has been an option since I preorder the non usb cocker board

Next lets look at tadao website March 30th 2010

Repairs not replacements

Not a lawyer, but it looks like Will is doing more than his part.

If you bought a board Pre 2010 will need to look at you warranty paper work and kept your recipe. Good chance the verbiage is similar to what I posted above.
Guess you missed my previous post.
Option A is not an option for me as the screen on the Alias Yakuza OLED (non-USB) board is not replaceable. I would have been more than happy to purchase a replacement had the screen been replaceable. Just like I would be happy to use one of these LED substitutes.

Option B is ridiculous given the situation. I purchased the board new for $180 and in 6 months would have had to purchase another board for $165 ($180 - $25 trade-in) using that program.

Regarding the warranty, I no longer have the receipt as it doesn't matter now. At the time, I did have the receipt.....I don't know whether or not the particular board was considered discontinued. It was no longer being manufactured but existing stock was still being sold on the site. In any case, I wanted to send it in for repair but was told by Will that it can't be fixed.

At this point, it is water under the bridge. Like I said, I'm happy that those fortunate enough to catch Tadao on the tail-end of things have an option moving forward. But it still sucks for many of us.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 AM #73
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
Just saying $180-25 isn't 165 lol. I may be an accounting major but still...
Old 07-24-2014, 07:26 AM #74
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimis View Post
He was aware there was a problem. The boards had been on the market for well over a year and he acknowledged this wasn't the first he had heard of it.... Hence the reason he said that he released a new board which had user replaceable screens. At that time, the appropriate thing to do would have been to either: a) offer to replace the defective board free of charge with the same model (and I would acknowledge the potential issue moving forward) b) offer to accept the defective board as trade-in credit towards one of the newer (tengu) boards. Neither of these were presented as options. On the one hand, I do commend him for: a) creating a board that allows users to replace error prone parts without having to replace the whole board. b) creating a solution for replacing the error prone parts that are no longer in production. On the other hand, I'm still bitter about those of us who fell into this SOL category. At the time I bought the board, there was no mention about the warranty not covering the OLED display. That was only amended after-the-fact when he knew there was a problem.
Smart parts soldered the ****ing selenoid to the board in the ion if one crapped out you had to guy both . Did anyone give them **** for a non replaceable design ? Did anyone give wdp **** for making non serviceable rams .

If this was such a big deal in 2010 you shouldn't have bought it . If you don't like it take your money elsewhere but at the time Tadao was the best and that's why you took your money there

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayteam120 View Post
Yeah but you have to realize that this isn't the real world this is paintball where a punishment is people bashing you on here. No action further will be taken because everyone seems ok with what happened. I never was a fan of tadao because I felt they limited themselves and would cut themselves out of business where as virtue was constantly changing
Virtue wasn't that great. Their eye logic on the 4c bob long guns was ****ing terrible (hell I think they only used the bottom two eyes). Tadao had superior products in many senses thanks to better programming .

Also as a wgp and aka fan I am insanely appreciative of Tadao for taking risks to barely break even on making such limited run boards for closed bolt guns like the viking Excalibur board or the autococker yakuza board when the big dog virtue said **** off no one uses that **** anymore we won't make enough money.

The willingness to take a risk on a product you will at best make a slight profit from an have the risk of not breaking even is cool in my book . Closed bolt gun owners had limited aftermarket support and I was glad someone was willing to make us boards even though the market wasn't as hot for then as opposed to say DM oled boards with training modes.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:40 AM #75
Artimis

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Smart parts soldered the ****ing selenoid to the board in the ion if one crapped out you had to guy both . Did anyone give them **** for a non replaceable design ? Did anyone give wdp **** for making non serviceable rams .

If this was such a big deal in 2010 you shouldn't have bought it . If you don't like it take your money elsewhere but at the time Tadao was the best and that's why you took your money there
It's not about a replaceable design. It's about standing by your products and honoring warranties. If your ION board crapped out during the warranty period, smart parts would replace it. If your Angel RAM broke during the warranty period, WDP fixed it.

When the first Yakuza Alias OLED board was released with a lifetime warranty, coming back later and saying the screen isn't covered and can't be fixed even though it is defective is not cool. And yes, I have taken my money elsewhere since then.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:02 PM #76
squeek22
*203*

squeek22 plays in the PSP
squeek22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
squeek22 plays in the APPA D4 division
I just want to share a story real quick about what a good guy Will is and the quality of his products.

So, I was at NPPL Boston '07 and I had purchased one of the first Marq6's at PSP MAO '06 from Zach and Bob themselves. This was when they were still called the Onyx. I bought a virtue board for my Marq and was having serious problems with it. I took it to virtue mutable times and they couldn't figure out what was wrong nor did they fix it. So, I went to the Bob long tent to see if they could help me out and and Will was there. After a while of them trying to figure it out by putting new eyes, a new reg, and pillow bolt, etc etc but it was still shooting like crap. After Will was witnessing all of this, he tried putting one of his boards in it and it shot flawlessly. Will ended up giving me the board for free. It was an unbelievable gesture to give me the board for free (I was a kid at the time) to someone he had no obligation too or knew at all. I was just some random kid who was having an issue. I immediately threw out the virtue board and played with my Marq up until 2011 when I traded it for a Geo. It was one of, if not they, best shooting gun I've owned. After I got the board from Will, I never had another problem with my gun.

Just wanted to share this story with everyone and am really glad that he's back at it. Definitely a quality guy who cares about the sport
squeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:26 PM #77
FReEK
Fear the freak

FReEK is a founding member
FReEK plays in the MiLP
FReEK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FReEK plays in the APPA D4 division
I believe there is a guy on CC working on a replacement screen for the tadoa and e2 cocker boards.

FACEBOOK

OLD Feedback
FReEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:51 PM #78
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
This seems way late. I hope it helps some folks, but I already jettisoned my Tadao stuff. While the OLED fiasco is not Will's fault and I understand that, I was left without a solution for what I felt was too long a time & replaced things with competing products.

Again, I sincerely hope this offers some relief to people & I applaud that a solution is out there for those still affected.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 PM #79
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek22 View Post
I just want to share a story real quick about what a good guy Will is and the quality of his products. So, I was at NPPL Boston '07 and I had purchased one of the first Marq6's at PSP MAO '06 from Zach and Bob themselves. This was when they were still called the Onyx. I bought a virtue board for my Marq and was having serious problems with it. I took it to virtue mutable times and they couldn't figure out what was wrong nor did they fix it. So, I went to the Bob long tent to see if they could help me out and and Will was there. After a while of them trying to figure it out by putting new eyes, a new reg, and pillow bolt, etc etc but it was still shooting like crap. After Will was witnessing all of this, he tried putting one of his boards in it and it shot flawlessly. Will ended up giving me the board for free. It was an unbelievable gesture to give me the board for free (I was a kid at the time) to someone he had no obligation too or knew at all. I was just some random kid who was having an issue. I immediately threw out the virtue board and played with my Marq up until 2011 when I traded it for a Geo. It was one of, if not they, best shooting gun I've owned. After I got the board from Will, I never had another problem with my gun. Just wanted to share this story with everyone and am really glad that he's back at it. Definitely a quality guy who cares about the sport
With all the email and business I have done with Will and Cookie , when I found out I was out of luck with my cocker oled board like 2 years ago all I said was thanks cookie you guys make some awesome products . I couldn't even be upset because their track record predates them

Everyone has a dud here and there , ford had the pinto , Chrysler had the pt cruiser , dye had he NT etc .

Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 PM #80
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FReEK View Post
I believe there is a guy on CC working on a replacement screen for the tadoa and e2 cocker boards.
I also heard that hater or some other company is tryig I reverse engineer the cocker boards

Old 07-25-2014, 01:47 AM #81
CarnageReigns

CarnageReigns is playing at Living Legends VII
CarnageReigns has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CarnageReigns supports Empire
I know it's a longshot but can I one for a Crossover?

Black Friday I have $500 for Dye DM14.
CarnageReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:12 AM #82
JonKerry
Shoot. Kill. Win.

Annual Supporting Member
JonKerry plays in the PSP
JonKerry owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JonKerry is an NCPA player
JonKerry plays in the APPA D3 division
I just want a replacement LED for my Yakuza Timmy boards
JonKerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:23 AM #83
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Smart parts soldered the ****ing selenoid to the board in the ion if one crapped out you had to guy both . Did anyone give them **** for a non replaceable design ? Did anyone give wdp **** for making non serviceable rams . If this was such a big deal in 2010 you shouldn't have bought it . If you don't like it take your money .
All the issues you point out were huge issues that people complained about and led to there being little trust with those companies. Which ultimately I think lead to both being gone. while we are the not being able to take the ion bolt out the back lol.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:13 AM #84
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
the design of the ion was terrible. I think we can all agree on that. I don't understand why people defended it for so long. It didn't become a usable platform until the bolt out back bodies came out.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.