Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
It's not like he intentionally bought a crappy component to use in his products. They failed over time due to the OEM's fault, not his, and now he can't get them anymore. It sucks, but it happens sometimes.

A similar thing happened to us when I was a tech for MacDev. The OLED screens in the RX/Clone would go dim/die (probably from the same OEM) and we did our best to replace them, but if you were out of your 1 year warranty you were SOL.
1 year warranty is completely different than offering LIFE-TIME...

You don't offer what you can't deliver. Look at the Machine vapor owners, still out of their promised Gear loaders after how many years..

Thats like buying a ford ranger in 2010 with a 5 year warranty from dealership, then next year they stopped production of the ranger, your part fails in 2011 and the dealership telling you that it's going to cost you extra for the part.

No, not going to happen. Larger companies get sued over this.

Boards in electronics are cheap to make, especially LED's, will should be giving them out for free and ask only for shipping.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2014, 09:59 PM #44
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
And im sure will had the life-time warranty price included into the 180-200$ in a board he was selling, any company offering warranty will increase the cost of the product to cut down on the expense of warranty/replacement.. Every person who bought a board that was faulty screen has already paid into the spare part.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:03 PM #45
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Also, one last post.. Tim2thousand4. Is bob long planning to switch to Virtue after this sketchy business practice of will? I know you guys like the tadao boards, but this makes me not wanting to buy a bob long ever if i have to deal with any future problems of Tadao with "lifetime" warranty.

I've had success with virtue on the spire board being shipped to canada free of charge, no questions.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:25 PM #46
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
Also, one last post.. Tim2thousand4. Is bob long planning to switch to Virtue after this sketchy business practice of will? I know you guys like the tadao boards, but this makes me not wanting to buy a bob long ever if i have to deal with any future problems of Tadao with "lifetime" warranty.

I've had success with virtue on the spire board being shipped to canada free of charge, no questions.
Oops. Mistake. You mentioned Bob Long and I was thinking Alien.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:26 PM #47
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
And im sure will had the life-time warranty price included into the 180-200$ in a board he was selling, any company offering warranty will increase the cost of the product to cut down on the expense of warranty/replacement.. Every person who bought a board that was faulty screen has already paid into the spare part.
Exactly to me that's what made them so expensive from them and virtue.

I would say an oled board provs costs $75 tops and I think that's being more the. Generous. If they have to replace your entire board once they still are ahead that's what you paid for and to not get it is insulting to me
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:45 PM #48
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!

Annual Supporting Member
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Quote:

Bob long has not used any Tadao products in a few years. He isn't planning on using them in the future either.
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:57 PM #49
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2thousand4 View Post
Oh I'm definitely not upset. I just have a little more knowledge of the behind the scenes "dirty laundry" if you will. And I don't plan on sharing it here. Mike, you are definitely the most interesting man in the world!!
You know Will and Cookies (I think that's her name she handles emails and ships stuff I think ) track record proceeds them where I wouldn't care . Will could have said **** it they don't make a new one and I want to work a 9-5 rather than trying to feed my family pulling longer work weeks getting products out running my own business . I wouldn't care . That's his right.

In the end it's paintball . Car part manufacturers go belly up or give up all the time and people depend on them for builds . If this was a company like dye with many employees saying **** it let's drop it then I would care when they are still in the sport . But for one guy to say **** it I was a nice 9-5 I can respect that. Look at all the anno companies who said **** paintball the players are too picky the margins are too low we will just annodize car and vehicle parts etc . No one gave them ****.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:00 AM #50
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
1 year warranty is completely different than offering LIFE-TIME... You don't offer what you can't deliver. Look at the Machine vapor owners, still out of their promised Gear loaders after how many years.. Thats like buying a ford ranger in 2010 with a 5 year warranty from dealership, then next year they stopped production of the ranger, your part fails in 2011 and the dealership telling you that it's going to cost you extra for the part. No, not going to happen. Larger companies get sued over this. Boards in electronics are cheap to make, especially LED's, will should be giving them out for free and ask only for shipping.
No that's like expecting ford to honor it when ford no longer makes cars and isn't producing any vehicles aka isn't even active in the industry. Ford closed it's doors .

Ie any smart parts guns that had a warranty what did you do when smart parts closed it's doors ? You sucked it up and moved on .

Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 AM #51
nitrokid610
**** you pay me

nitrokid610 is playing at Living Legends III
nitrokid610 is playing at Living Legends VI
nitrokid610 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nitrokid610 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Ie any smart parts guns that had a warranty what did you do when smart parts closed it's doors ? You sucked it up and moved on .
spot on
Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 AM #52
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
1 year warranty is completely different than offering LIFE-TIME...

You don't offer what you can't deliver. Look at the Machine vapor owners, still out of their promised Gear loaders after how many years..

Thats like buying a ford ranger in 2010 with a 5 year warranty from dealership, then next year they stopped production of the ranger, your part fails in 2011 and the dealership telling you that it's going to cost you extra for the part.

No, not going to happen. Larger companies get sued over this.

Boards in electronics are cheap to make, especially LED's, will should be giving them out for free and ask only for shipping.
Your right, however, tadao may be able to legally get out of this specific warranty obligation because the defective parts were outside of their control. These forces outside of their control basically have made it impossible for them to perform their obligations to the customers. Would it be really fair to a company to put them out of business due to a contract problem that wasn't of their creation? Just because you have a warranty contract doesn't mean it'll be completely enforceable down the road.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:10 AM #53
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
It doesn't seem like people are registering a few key details.

1. This is marketed towards people who already have Yakuzas, not people who don't, so there really is no reason to complain about it if you aren't getting a yakuza because you'll never have the need in any way to purchase that.

2. You can still program the board from a computer. Bring a laptop to the field, plug it in, make all corrections, save them and a few other options to switch to on the fly, and go about your day.

3. So this company filed for bankruptcy and went belly up... then resurrected themselves?

Oooor buy this LED so you can just do it that way.

What I don't get is why he didn't do that sooner. This is a really, really, really simple fix.

Last edited by YeloSno : 07-23-2014 at 02:13 AM.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:17 AM #54
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0cwh0 View Post
Your right, however, tadao may be able to legally get out of this specific warranty obligation because the defective parts were outside of their control. These forces outside of their control basically have made it impossible for them to perform their obligations to the customers. Would it be really fair to a company to put them out of business due to a contract problem that wasn't of their creation? Just because you have a warranty contract doesn't mean it'll be completely enforceable down the road.
Their control has nothing to do with it. They provide a written lifetime warranty that makes no mention of if the product was defective from their supplier. It went bad and now they won't cover their warranted product as described in their warranty. I'm going to buy enough replacements to fix my problem boards and be done with Tadao. Macdev is just as bad not offering a working product while under warranty. They get a little credit that most of their markers were outside of the warranty period, but they still dumped a defective product off on the consumer as their problem. I won't honestly buy a new Tadao or Macdev product based on how they handled fixing a faulty product. I hope both companies learn that its not always best to source the cheapest part without question.

All this BS about the little guy not being able to afford it is a line of crap. I don't care if you can afford it. I spent hard earned money on a product you sell based on your word. You gave your word that you would fix it and then turned your back on your word. If your pockets are more important than your word, I have no desire to deal with you in the future.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:24 AM #55
jojo750
shocktech DM5

Annual Supporting Member
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jojo750 is Boss
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
crap
nothing for the dye oled boards...
i'll keep my fingers crossed.... 2 boards sitting here with no hope right now..
Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 AM #56
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
This is a really, really, really simple fix.
I can't help but think that if it was simple, and a money-maker, someone would have offered this previously. I know it's not a money-maker, and I'd think it's not all that simple to convert the boards, either. Darn electronics...

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 AM #57
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
First, everyone who says they should cover the boards, you are right. You have the moral high ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayteam120 View Post
I would say an oled board provs costs $75 tops and I think that's being more the. Generous.
That is being generous, more than generous - so let's cut it in half $37.50 and then let's cut it in half again. $18.75.
Now lets say it a $5,000 fee for setup and 3,000 parts minimum so $18.75 times 3,000 and $5,000 = $61,250
Now you can do the math many ways and, theoretically, get that number down. Maybe - only maybe - cut it in half, but this one you can't cut in half again.
Not knowing the part would fail it's unreasonable to buy enough to have on hand to cover all the bad ones. To get new ones made is expensive - if it's too expensive is a decision you have to make.
No dog in this fight - just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzy2 View Post
All this BS about the little guy not being able to afford it is a line of crap. I don't care if you can afford it.
Yep, I get it. As I started out with, you have the moral high ground. You win. Just understand there is a reason for the saying "you can't please everyone". At some point, some will be disappointed.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:09 AM #58
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
Their control has nothing to do with it. They provide a written lifetime warranty that makes no mention of if the product was defective from their supplier. It went bad and now they won't cover their warranted product as described in their warranty. I'm going to buy enough replacements to fix my problem boards and be done with Tadao. Macdev is just as bad not offering a working product while under warranty. They get a little credit that most of their markers were outside of the warranty period, but they still dumped a defective product off on the consumer as their problem. I won't honestly buy a new Tadao or Macdev product based on how they handled fixing a faulty product. I hope both companies learn that its not always best to source the cheapest part without question. All this BS about the little guy not being able to afford it is a line of crap. I don't care if you can afford it. I spent hard earned money on a product you sell based on your word. You gave your word that you would fix it and then turned your back on your word. If your pockets are more important than your word, I have no desire to deal with you in the future.
How could he do a stress test to see what the dimness would be after years ? He doesn't have a time machine .

Ford had cars that exploded in the 1970s and preferred paying money to the dead ones families rather than doing a recall. And we still love ford .

Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 PM #59
mockman12

mockman12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just bought one for $10 shipped. It sucks whats going on but to turn a useless board into a functional board for 10bucks...might as well.
mockman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:43 PM #60
Artimis

Artimis is a founding member
Artimis owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Initially, I was happy to see this but it looks like it doesn't help people like me who really got the short end of the stick.

I bought an Alias Yakuza OLED (pre-tengu/USB) for my ripper 3. Within 6 months of very light use, the screen went dim. Contacted Will and he told me I was SOL. I paid $180 for the board and the screen was non-user replaceable.....Will just said he was releasing a newer board with replaceable screen and I would need to fork over another $180 for that.

It's one thing when the board is user-replaceable and having to shell out for a replacement. It's great that he is now providing an option for those user-replaceable parts that are no longer made.........but I still find the cusomer service horrible for early board adopters in my shoes. At the time, the screens were not replaceable, the board (which the screen is a part of) was supposed to have a lifetime warranty, and yet the only option provided is to shell out $180 for a new board.

A company that does not stand by their products is not one I would buy from again....
[/rant]
Artimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:24 PM #61
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimis View Post
... bought an Alias Yakuza OLED (pre-tengu/USB) for my ripper 3. Within 6 months of very light use, the screen went dim. Contacted Will and he told me I was SOL.
There is something in business (and life) called good faith.
I can understand any boards that were sold - in good faith - before he knew there was a problem. The good faith part comes in as to when did he know he had a problem - and when did he stop selling those boards.
You didn't say when you bought. I bought boards several years ago, and I bought some replacement screens. But I haven't bought a Tadao board for about 3 years.
Couple years later - OK, good faith. 6 months, not so OK
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:28 PM #62
yuik

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
There is something in business (and life) called good faith. I can understand any boards that were sold - in good faith - before he knew there was a problem. The good faith part comes in as to when did he know he had a problem - and when did he stop selling those boards. You didn't say when you bought. I bought boards several years ago, and I bought some replacement screens. But I haven't bought a Tadao board for about 3 years. Couple years later - OK, good faith. 6 months, not so OK
Your contributions are very valued here as most can't relate to the perspective of owning your own paintball brand

Old 07-23-2014, 04:57 PM #63
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
I just hope come August he offers an LED fix for my timmy and DM yakuza boards. Especially the DM board since its the original non usb version.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.