Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-19-2014, 04:50 PM #1
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

pbcheese has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcheese has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MACHINE GEAR first impressions

Got my gear today, looks sick, light weight. Kind of a pain to open up.. should break in soon, the little black spring loaded lock release is not secured in, so i managed to get it upoen and the black lock relase shot out along with the spring and almost lost them both. Ok so just be mindful. Once open, i removed the tray and slid out the battery holder, all is well. Inserted 4AAs but more pain trying to get it back in. Worked with it and figured out a way... just breaking new plastic i suppose. Putting it back together was yet another pain. Be mindful, new plastic. I loaded it up with some fresh valken echo (test paint) and emptied the hopper through my axe at 12.5. The Gear is kind of loud, and comes on and off similar to sound of the louder version of the spire. But it is LOUD, not debilitatin just not used to it.. WAY louder thsn my z2. So general 1st consensus... not too bad, not sure if worth the 200$ but thats ok its new.

Also.... bad news. The sensor board is bad. I shut the gear down and it came on all on its own sitting alone on my counter. Swipe feature worked and ball eye(excellent location, in the feedneck so u can easily test with finger) worked fine... for a bit anyway. Then csme on and off when it wanted and swipe was out. But please fear not. MACHINE responded VERY quickly about my issue and have reprogrammed nee sensor boards debugged ready. A mild inconvenience? Yes. But as stated.... BRAND NEW electronic loading system. EVERYINE should expect a few bugs here and there.

Final thought. Im pleased so far. Not perfect, but happy none the less. While it was functioning, worked like a charm. Plus, it looks sick and spot on customer service, i eill be making recommendations on this. Another review to come in a few weeks after some play time.
pbcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2014, 11:10 PM #2
rossmorgan29
Check Please

rossmorgan29 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nice review. can we see some pictures of it on the gun? just for a sans of scale. how much paint does it hold?
rossmorgan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 PM #3
r45vt

Sounds like they are on top of it. Good to hear.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:30 AM #4
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
I was with Michael Spurlock all day today at an event. As the OP said, Machine is on top of the few bugs that have popped up.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:49 PM #5
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

I will try and have my son post pics later of it on my axe. i dont have a computer. Lol. I have a violent low feedneck, so i was thinking of chopping down the neck of the loader once it looses its new factor to drop it a bit lower. Cant wait until i get the updated board.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 PM #6
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

I hope the images worked. Sorry for the delay.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:56 AM #7
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
How durable does the shell seem?
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:02 PM #8
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
it sure looks shiny

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:14 PM #9
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

Feels between z2 and rotor, its stylisticly similar to the rotor with the 2 piece design but the durability "feel" of z2 or spire. The centerpart of the lower half(feed neck) seems more robust. The drive system exit does not sit inside the neck, rather, rests(floats) inside of a "bowl" molded into the lower half(not be misleading, the drive is bolted to an angled frame which runs the length of the loader, like the rotor). Also, after messing with the rear clip for a while, it comes apart and clicks back together with ease, still waiting on my new board from MACHINE. So performance review hopefully monday the 4th.

One final note, i wouldnt be suprised, if it does well, that machine make a hihher capacity shell. There is so much space in front to ad another 50-60 rounds just by blowing up yhe front a bit.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:22 PM #10
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

As for the finish, i am REALLY considering getting some 1200 grit paper and wet sanding it to make it flat, if i do ill post more pics.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:30 PM #11
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcheese View Post
As for the finish, i am REALLY considering getting some 1200 grit paper and wet sanding it to make it flat, if i do ill post more pics.
Just hit it with 4-5 coats of plasti dip. Its a flat finish & you wont ruin the oem finish underneath. Make sure your last coat is a nice wet coat so it lays flat & the surface is clean before you start.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:21 PM #12
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

Just looked up that stuff, pretty cool you ca just peel it off also. I think ill check it out. Thankss!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:21 PM #13
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

There is another shell coming out that is a different material. It's still technically gloss, but it's more matte. I'd wait for that. Also because it is a different material, it doesn't echo as much. Makes the loader quieter.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:35 PM #14
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

Like nylon? Hmm. Well i just had an idea, i may stop at walmart and get adhesive backed thin foam and do some lining to help dampen sound....
Old 07-27-2014, 09:45 PM #15
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's actually the exact material.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!

Last edited by coolicarboy : 07-28-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:00 PM #16
sssnoboarder69

sssnoboarder69 plays in the PSP
sssnoboarder69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sssnoboarder69 is an NCPA player
What is the new board supposed to improve? I haven't had any problems with mine feeding or anything.
sssnoboarder69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:03 PM #17
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

Not exactly sure. Mine didnt even function, it would turn on by it self and just feed nonstop then wouldnt turn off. Im assuming it is just a debug.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:13 AM #18
Paul Nit

How does the Gear feed when your gun is in 45 position? Like shooting from snake or dorito bunker. Is there still a constant feed after shooting a line for more than 10 seconds?
Paul Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:00 AM #19
BradJohnson

For those interested I used a Gear today. Didn't really have any major problems. When it was working it worked fine at 12.5. Two times though I shot my loader dry (used to using a 240 Z2) after loading I had to shake the the gun to get it to start feeding.

Another issue that I had in-game was getting it to turn on. Started the game with my loader off, and wearing gloves I couldn't get it to turn on. Kind of odd though because I couldn't replicate the problem. That was definitely a scenario were a button would have been nice.

Crazy loud when feeding too. The Shells are a much harder plastic than the Rotor/Spire/Z2. The paint bouncing around inside just makes the thing super loud. Never had I though a loader was loud when playing until today.

Last edited by BradJohnson : 08-11-2014 at 01:02 AM.
BradJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:46 AM #20
pbcheese
chop em DOWN

LASTING IMPRESSION... sorry machine. Get to that in a minute.
As for your 45degree question, I played with mine in durrito and have it leaving pretty hard and didn't have feeding issues. The placement and depth of the race is very similar to rotor. The inside is somewhat conical so it works fairly well. And the comments about the noise, lol.. Forget sneaking around in a 1v1 lol. It sounds like a weedwhacker making popcorn(it doesn't popcorn, just the sound of the paint bouncing around. I bought some soft black felt from Walmart for 20cents and spray glue.. Never got around to cutting it and applying but I bet it would have worked like a charm. The gear worked fast and well, exept loud as all get out.. But.... Machine left a bad taste in my mouth. My gear sat on my counter for 2.5 weeks. Was told that new boards were ready and would get one when they received mine. They didn't send it until 2 weeks after. They said Monday 2 day priority. And it came on Saturday... 2 day on Monday huh? Sure. I don't care that it took long, I care because I was lied to twice. Just say, sorry bro, it may 2 weeks or so, we will send you some stickers or something. Either way.... I used it for 2 or 3 games and sold it, and bought a spire.