PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 PM #1
FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Picking up a PM6

So I think I'm going to be picking up a PM6 tomorrow and I had a few questions. Now, I already have plenty of great markers but the PM6 was my dream gun way back when I first started playing so I figured it's about time I have one in my hands!

First off, I'll likely be picking one up off a dude for $60 "as is" so there's obviously a few problems with it but nothing I can't fix I'm sure as he's providing a full rebuild kit(o-rings probably). I just want to know how easily I could find a UL frame and/or new board for it if I need to? I'm not sure if it has a UL frame already(yet) but I would like to throw one on. What do they sell for these days and would I even be able to find one? Lastly, if the eyes are broken would I be able to find replacements or potentially fix them? Thanks!

Last edited by FrankUnderwood : 07-18-2014 at 12:04 PM.
FrankUnderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2014, 03:21 PM #2
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have placed DM eyes in many PM6 and 7

UL frames will be harder to find for a PM6. I think they do sell for 85-100 still.

IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259

UL BARREL KIT .680,.684,.688 CF TIP FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post85556761
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:50 PM #3
FrankUnderwood

Alright that's good to know. Think it's still worth it to pick up and fix up even without the UL frame? I would just use it for casual playing so the modes aren't too big of a deal(unless I just keep it on my wall to look pretty ).
Old 07-19-2014, 12:46 AM #4
johnson21

I just did the same thing with a pm5, it needed a reg rebuild and an Asa, I think I'm only in this entire project 110 i(including gun), if you don't UL it I found a virtue board for 24 new on eBay from wicked sports. eBay was an easy way to put the gun together.

I put in virtue board
Virtue micro switch and battery harness
Shocktech Asa and feedneck
Cp barrel and trigger
I found it all on eBay

I got SCAMMED watch out for theking30, he sent me a blown up shocker and wont help fix. Watch out for this guy very shady!!!!
johnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:23 PM #5
FrankUnderwood

So I picked up the gun today and I'm super stoked! I've wanted this marker so bad when I started playing back in 04/05 and now I finally have it

It was reeeally dirty when I got it so I took it apart and cleaned the **** out of it. It has a TechT bolt in it I believe, no UL frame which is whatever really and the eyes seem to work still. The only problem with it is a broken front wall internal o-ring which I'm ordering a kit to replace really soon.

The only question I have now is that I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to screw the parts of the bolt together after cleaning. They were hard to come apart at first but I figured it was just because of how much gunk was on it. It screws about one turn and then feels like it's cross threading but it isn't. I have to put some serious elbow grease to get it down a few turns which doesn't seem right. Any solutions? Maybe some grease?

Also, I feel spoiled with new markers because of how many different god damn allen keys you need to get this guy apart haha
Old 07-19-2014, 04:46 PM #6
Razgriz2006
BG Falcon

Razgriz2006 plays in the APPA D4 division
you need to lose that techt bolt. ruins the gun many people say

may need to get new backcap if things arent screwing right
Razgriz2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:06 PM #7
FrankUnderwood

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the new bolt because it's only the threading on the new bolt pieces(they're a brass color so it's easy to tell). What bolt would you recommend?
Old 07-19-2014, 07:26 PM #8
johnson21

The orange bolt is legit if you can find one, I actually just went with the stock bolt. I had to clean a ton of gunk out of the spot as well, also around the feedneck!! Good find hope it works out for you!! I just finished the last part on mine today!!

I got SCAMMED watch out for theking30, he sent me a blown up shocker and wont help fix. Watch out for this guy very shady!!!!
johnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote