Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2014, 11:12 PM #1
Melon Bands
MW Bandits

Worst thing you've ever done on a paintball field (accidental or on purpose)

What's the worst thing that you have done on a paintball field?
It can be accidental or on purpose.

I'll start off.

So, this actually happened today. I was playing open play and decided to throw a lane off the break. There was a regular and a rental about to run directly into my lane. The regular hit the lane. Now its the rentals turn! He ran into my lane, turned around and started to run away from where the paint was flying (with his back facing me). I **** you not, I ended up hitting him 20+ times in the back.

This was not on purpose, but was utterly hilarious.

Also please take into consideration that the renter has played several times before and is a grown man (I would have felt horrible if he was a kid).
Melon Bands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2014, 12:16 AM #2
inferno2inferno

So I was playing with a teammate against a group of kids who were all decked out in, I am not exaggerating, full color sets of dye gear. Orange kid, green kid, red kid. Red kid was not calling any of his hits all day, wiping and bunkering out renters and talking trash about anyone who wasn't head to toe decked out in she gear. By the end of the day me and my teammate were fed up with him. So what I did was, from the 50 snake, peg him once in the shoulder when he bumped up to 50 Dorito. He had no idea where I was and I saw him wipe the hit and keep playing. I called out to the ref who didn't hear me and I told him to call the hit. He didn't so I got up and ran at him cross field shooting his dm from top to bottom, his pack and his entire left side until he fell over sideways and began cursing me. Ref stopped the point. And the kid started yelling at me for bonus balling. I simply told him, I'll stop shooting when you call it or put your marker or hand up and he took the dead man walk. Ref said while the little brat technically didn't call the hit, he still had to enforce no over shooting and banned me from 3 games and the kid who was wiping. The kid was 14 and I was 19 at the time. Really shouldn't have torched him. It was wrong, but it was vigilante justice for those he had abused earlier in the day. I apologized. He did the same for his wiping and trash talking next time at the field. He has always since then called his hits.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:13 AM #3
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was playing rec and we were on a dirt mounds and spools type field. Well, I shoot out six guys on my side and push way up towards the opposite end. There are only two players left, but my whole team is afraid. I start shooting, and the two guys left were one bunker apart, and I was shooting across field, so my shots were missing a lot. This means I had to either move closer and risk getting hit, or just shoot more. Well I shot more, and I got the back man out. He calls himself out, but as I move my aim, the wind picks up and pulls all my shots to the man I had already gotten out. I hit him 30 times, and people were screaming at me, but I had no way of not hitting him! I kept moving my aim, and the wind kept dragging my shots back! I felt so horrible
Old 07-13-2014, 02:12 AM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Those few times where paint is suddenly laser accurate, namely when you fire off a long burst at a tiny target you were praying one might sneak in, and instead EVERY shot lines up in single file...right onto the middle of some poor dudes chest or mask.

Happened long balling at a local woodsfield a while ago. Player hiding behind a V-shaped tree. He leans out the right, my gun shoots a 2 foot pattern. He leans out the left, I shoot a 2 foot pattern. His head pops up in the middle of the V, my burst STACKS on the front of his chest.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:12 AM #5
seemlessstate
Resident Beekeeper

seemlessstate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seemlessstate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
seemlessstate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
One time I payed for entry and air, but never played. everyone left as soon as I walked out of the store.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:25 PM #6
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Those ironman games, sometimes people just don't submit and they pay for it. I feel so bad, I usually just leave for the day.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:57 PM #7
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I shot my own mother about a dozen times on the break out. And I didn't raise my hand to stick together with her when the ref asked if anybody wanted to be on the same team before the game started. So it was a double whammy.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:45 AM #8
maxwku

playing against a team of kids. Accidentally got one in the junk. Felt terrible.
maxwku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:29 PM #9
Nahib_Stilgar

We have a group of pretty dedicated pump players at our field. We know all the angles, the strong bunkers, where the next bump is... Snap shooting has become intense! Moving has become difficult and risky...Everyone ends up staring through tiny cracks in bunkers looking for opponents...

The result, many, my self included had begun to start shooting into these tiny cracks trying to get a ball through them. It kinda sucks because we are actually succeeding too...It just doesn't feel very sporting...

So, the guys have made a gentleman's agreement not to shoot into cracks of bunkers and some of us have even started working on fixing and filling the cracks!
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 PM #10
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
The way I see it with cracks, the ability recognize and avoid cracks big enough for a ball to fit through is a skill, one that takes practice and concentration. The ability to see a crack at a distance and judge that it's big enough for a ball through, and the ability to aim for it, and having gear precise enough to get a ball on that impossibly small target, is also a difficult skill to master.

If player A's ability to shoot into a crack is greater than player B's ability to avoid the crack, then obviously A is a more skilled player than B and the elimination is quite sporting.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:19 PM #11
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I one time told a kid at Paintball Country that if he wore his jersey backwards he would get more bounces off as the back is more slippery than the front. After 2 games he realized I was being a jag off.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 PM #12
cjanderson_90
Hey, my name is Cole.

Annual Supporting Member
cjanderson_90 is playing at Living Legends VII
cjanderson_90 supports Team VICIOUS
murder.

INCEPTION KRYPTONITE

Art Of Pump
My guns
Pump Videos!
cjanderson_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:40 PM #13
HillbillyG5

Years ago i shot a ref in the jewels cause he was flirting with my girlfriend at the time. Got away scott free too.
HillbillyG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:03 PM #14
ben.g90

This happened last time we went out to play at SC. was snap shooting a guy down a wall everytime id pop out i would shot off 3 or 4 shots. As i popped out one time after pushing out 3 shots i realized my GF was walking off after getting hit... well i ended up putting 3 shots right into her forhead as she walked past my sight... lol shes still mad about it 3 weeks later.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:27 AM #15
Melon Bands
MW Bandits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanderson_90 View Post
murder.
I've done that before... okay maybe several times...
Old 07-16-2014, 01:10 PM #16
ZeroNotHero
Terse? I can be terse.

ZeroNotHero owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZeroNotHero has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ZeroNotHero supports Empire
A few weeks ago I was playing with a friend of mine and some renters. The team we're up against is playing lay-back brushball something fierce. I rush one side, drop two and run up into a tower. I can hear someone shooting in the bushes but can't really see them so I just start shooting into the bushes until I hear someone call themselves out. Walking back to the staging area I hear this kid asking who the ******* in the tower was that shot him in the balls 3 times.

I chose to admit nothing.
ZeroNotHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:07 PM #17
seahiker

Setting my first electro to full auto first time out with a new gun and putting like twenty balls into some guy's chest and mask.
seahiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:30 PM #18
Ahura_Mazda

This happened a while ago and is one of my favorite memories. I was playing outlaw with some buddies and was moving slowly up to an open area. As I was moving I saw something move in this large bush-like area of scrub oak. I put my gun up and shot where I thought I saw the movement, hoping the person would panic a little and give away where they were. After that shot, the branches and leaves began to shake and move violently, seemingly reacting to someone either high tailing it or moving to better coverage. I didn't hear an "out" and didn't see a gun up so I layed into the bush hoping one would make it through and decided to shoot until I heard something. After a couple seconds of this one of my buddies kind if fell out the side of the bush onto the ground. He had no gun and was clutching his throat while covered in paint. I was kind of scared and stopped the game to help him. After the game he said my first shot nailed him right in the Adam's apple and he couldn't say anything and instinctively dropped his gun and grabbed his throat, and then proceeded to get lit up. When we found out what happened we all shared a good laugh. I still bring it up when I see him.
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:58 AM #19
Melon Bands
MW Bandits

I forgot about this one.

I had my old Axe and was playing rec. There was a guy in a tower. That tower had a board missing from it and I could see him through the missing plank. My Axe was on uncapped semi with a VERY bouncy trigger. I had a full pinokio. I shot the guy through the gap, he didn't call himself out. I shot him another time, again he didn't call himself out. I thought to myself "This guy gets one more chance to play by the rules", so I shot him once again. Getting pissed offed after he didn't call himself out 3 times in a row, I proceeded to unleash the fury of a full pinokio and a bouncy Axe on him. I probably got him 60+ times before he realized it was game over for him. After the game, the guy complained how I was "ramping" even though his tippmann was on full auto.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:21 AM #20
lew
Timebomb Generation

I shot my wife in the thumb and didn't regret it one bit. She's a good sport, though, and got me in the mask.

Playing indoor rec airball years back, I rushed the remaining bunker knowing that that's where the last remaining player was but not realizing it was occupied a ~12 year old. Shot him in the back and he got a bit choked up. I apologized and made sure he was fine. To his credit, he was back out on the field shortly after. Lesson learned, and I tagged another kid out in a similar scenario a couple games later by shooting him once on his stout shoes.

Other than that, I've been able to avoid calamity.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:13 PM #21
happykillmore19
Travelin Man

happykillmore19 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
happykillmore19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
happykillmore19 supports Empire
i shot someone point blank while we were getting a briefing.

All i could do was apologize and have a laugh about it and beg him to shoot me back lol

karma caught back up to me because i was shot point blank by a friend when he was messing with his pod pack during briefing shortly there after

moral of the story is i now don't turn the gun on until i'm ready to go. This was also back when i first started
happykillmore19 is offline   Reply With Quote