Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2014, 06:27 PM #1
Quemiras

Quemiras has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras supports DLX Technology
Question fusion x valve pin

looking to see if anyone has an extra valve pin with good rubber on it.
VAPOR VANDETTA
Quemiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

D'oh . I wonder if that rubber could be replaces with a rubber washer and some epoxy.....hmmmm........
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:12 PM #3
Quemiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
D'oh . I wonder if that rubber could be replaces with a rubber washer and some epoxy.....hmmmm........
damn thats the same thing ive been thinking about
VAPOR VANDETTA
Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quemiras View Post
damn thats the same thing ive been thinking about
I don't know if it would work but I think it is worth a shot. The key is to make sure that the surface is pretty dang flat when done.

Actually, I wonder if a plastic/delrin washer will work. It is the same idea as a regular cup seal on a Spyder. It just may not hold up very well since it would be thin (compared to a Spyder cup seal).

I take it that Dangerous Power is all out of them?
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 07-10-2014, 10:32 PM #5
Ahura_Mazda
Wannabe

Pretty sure there is one for sale on eBay
Ahura_Mazda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura_Mazda View Post
Pretty sure there is one for sale on eBay
Yes, there is this one from O-Ring Monkey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dangerous-Po...em540680 7e2b However, many times, these companies actually just drop ship items (in this case, directly from Dangerous Power). If the manufacturer (DP) is out of stock, I would call or somehow contact the store first just to be sure that they actually have the part in hand. You wouldn't want a sale to go through and then find out that it is on backorder.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:33 PM #7
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Call DP themselves and see what they can do for you. I needed one a few months back and they went through great lengths to find me three of them. They then gave me a follow up call a week later to check and see if I had received them. They also wanted to make sure that I didn't need anything else. The customer service was literally top notch and I was very happy with the communication from them.

I purchased this marker used and notified them of it and it still was absolutely not a problem. I was informed that if they don't have it on their site just call them up and ask for it or when will they be restocking. That simple, hopefully things go as smooth for you as they did for me. Good luck bro.

iPS

Last edited by iPaintSlinger : 07-12-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: typos here and there.
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM #8
Quemiras

I saw the one on eBay. Buts its way overpriced. I'll just order from dp. Wonder if theyre open on Saturday?
VAPOR VANDETTA
Old 07-11-2014, 08:12 PM #9
CA_Tectonics

Nope, I don't think so. Sorry Bud. Gonna have to wait until Monday.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:42 PM #10
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quemiras View Post
looking to see if anyone has an extra valve pin with good rubber on it.
I got you buddy. Send me a PM and I will send you one no charge, just cover shipping.

Ion: takes a half hour to do easy maintenance and there is a 50% chance it will leak once reassembled.

NT: requires at least a four year degree in metallurgy, physics, meteorology and dark magic to get it to operate.

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:18 PM #11
Quemiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
I got you buddy. Send me a PM and I will send you one no charge, just cover shipping.
Ok cool
VAPOR VANDETTA
Old 07-12-2014, 04:49 PM #12
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Nice
Old 07-13-2014, 08:06 AM #13
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Quote:
Stand up kind of guy..... well done bro.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:43 AM #14
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaintSlinger View Post
Call DP themselves and see what they can do for you. I needed one a few months back and they went through great lengths to find me three of them. They then gave me a follow up call a week later to check and see if I had received them. They also wanted to make sure that I didn't need anything else. The customer service was literally top notch and I was very happy with the communication from them.

I purchased this marker used and notified them of it and it still was absolutely not a problem. I was informed that if they don't have it on their site just call them up and ask for it or when will they be restocking. That simple, hopefully things go as smooth for you as they did for me. Good luck bro.

iPS
Are we talking about the same DP? <3 I've never had a good experience with calling DP. Even in the old days they were unable to get my the proper reg seat to replace the bad stock one that was sent with the earliest G3s. I'd be shocked if DP ever turned their game... even sponsored teams and beta testing members say they almost never get support from DP without multiple phone calls and hounding them for weeks.

I literally just had this conversation with another member who is sponsored by DP and listed all the problems he has had with them giving him what he needs and the slow turn around. He also said they almost never listen to his input or have any idea of why things are the way they are on their markers.

I don't think there is anything left stock on my G3 besides the body lol.
GLOCK 19

Last edited by phillysteve : 07-13-2014 at 09:47 AM.
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:33 AM #15
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
Yeah my experience with DP customer service was...long... Let us just leave it at that.

As I have a FX with a bad body, and all of the other parts are good, I have no problems helping those in need.

Ion: takes a half hour to do easy maintenance and there is a 50% chance it will leak once reassembled.

NT: requires at least a four year degree in metallurgy, physics, meteorology and dark magic to get it to operate.

eBay FEEDBACK
Old 07-13-2014, 10:39 AM #16
Quemiras

i bet the body cost more than a new marker?
VAPOR VANDETTA
Old 07-13-2014, 12:35 PM #17
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
$289

eBay FEEDBACK
Old 07-13-2014, 11:38 PM #18
Ahura_Mazda
Wannabe

Quote:
Yeah my experience with DP customer service was...long... Let us just leave it at that.

As I have a FX with a bad body, and all of the other parts are good, I have no problems helping those in need.
What's up with the body?
Old 07-14-2014, 12:58 AM #19
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
Are we talking about the same DP? <3 I've never had a good experience with calling DP. Even in the old days they were unable to get my the proper reg seat to replace the bad stock one that was sent with the earliest G3s. I'd be shocked if DP ever turned their game... even sponsored teams and beta testing members say they almost never get support from DP without multiple phone calls and hounding them for weeks.

I literally just had this conversation with another member who is sponsored by DP and listed all the problems he has had with them giving him what he needs and the slow turn around. He also said they almost never listen to his input or have any idea of why things are the way they are on their markers.

I don't think there is anything left stock on my G3 besides the body lol.
I don't know what to say bro. Maybe my experience was good because it was to replace a $9 part. I don't understand why a company would be so reluctant to help their customers. I've heard so many stories like this so naturally I was surprised that they were so helpful for my situation.

Quote:

^^^this story was a sad one. I shed real tears when I read his thread, viewed his pics and watched his vid. RIP DreadMuppets's FX, you will be missed.

Quote:
What's up with the body?
His markers internals have scratches and nicks on and near the valve assembly. This cause the valve pin to fail to make a full seal and his marker leaks air until the tank is empty.

I have only had this one customer service experience with DP and so far they have been a good company to me. I am hopeful that DP will clean up there act and provide better tech support by hiring people who actually know and understand how their markers work. Also by listening and communicating with their customers through social media and here on PBN. This may very well be hopeful thinking but a man can dream right???

iPS
Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 AM #20
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
What's up with the body?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=dreadmuppet

Right here. Unfortunately the valve is part of the body, so if it gets damaged the entire body is scrap.

I believe the. FE will have a removable valve to correct this issue.

eBay FEEDBACK
Old 07-14-2014, 02:07 PM #21
Ahura_Mazda
Wannabe

Quote:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=dreadmuppet

Right here. Unfortunately the valve is part of the body, so if it gets damaged the entire body is scrap.

I believe the. FE will have a removable valve to correct this issue.
Read through the thread, sorry that sucks bro :/

Edit: what were your accent colors by chance?

Last edited by Ahura_Mazda : 07-14-2014 at 02:17 PM.