Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2014, 12:43 PM #1
pack131`pb
Diving straight in snake~

pack131`pb is playing at Living Legends VII
pack131`pb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
planet eclipse etha vs etek 4 vs rail maxxed

please tell me which is a better gun for the price and why.
pack131`pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM #2
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
wrong forum. this is going to get moved.
there is no best out of that group it is more or less which one is best for the user. i personally wouldn't buy any of those markers and just buy a used axe or for a little more a used g6r.
there are many things to consider before buying a new marker
mask
loader
tank
those are the main ones
how much will you use the new marker. are you an every weekend baller or just once in awhile.
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:18 PM #3
pack131`pb

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr68059 View Post
wrong forum. this is going to get moved.
there is no best out of that group it is more or less which one is best for the user. i personally wouldn't buy any of those markers and just buy a used axe or for a little more a used g6r.
there are many things to consider before buying a new marker
mask
loader
tank
those are the main ones
how much will you use the new marker. are you an every weekend baller or just once in awhile.
Typically 2-3 times a month. and also my bad where should i post this in the future??
Old 07-09-2014, 01:41 PM #4
Ackon

You chose 3 marker that has different engines. It's hard to compare which marker is better. As each will have their up and downs.

Etek 4 is a poppet marker.
Etha is a hybrid poppet/spool.
Rail is a spool.

I think they all get about ~7.5 pods on a fill. So efficiency wise they are about the same.

Another question do you want a louder or a quieter marker? Etek is loud. Never heard a Etha, but i would assume its the same as the rail being its a spool. So it should be just as quiet.

Poppets will have more of a kick. Unlike spoolies, they should shoot smoother. You will have a slight kick, but its not as a bad as a poppets.

I like PE packaging better. But that has nothing to do with how a marker will behave

Go look at each of the marker specific forums, and see what issues most are having with their marker. And that should help give you a breakdown on what to expect.

If there is lots of threads about getting this upgrade or that upgrade. My preference is to stay away from those. I personally don't want to go spend 300-400 on a marker just to spend an extra 100 for upgrades. In those scenario's, you might as well purchase a used (2-4yrs old) high ends. As they will run around that price range.
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:05 PM #5
BatmanLiera

i would go with the maxxed rail
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:58 PM #6
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackon View Post
You chose 3 marker that has different engines. It's hard to compare which marker is better. As each will have their up and downs.

Etek 4 is a poppet marker.
Etha is a hybrid poppet/spool.
Rail is a spool.

I think they all get about ~7.5 pods on a fill. So efficiency wise they are about the same.

Another question do you want a louder or a quieter marker? Etek is loud. Never heard a Etha, but i would assume its the same as the rail being its a spool. So it should be just as quiet.

Poppets will have more of a kick. Unlike spoolies, they should shoot smoother. You will have a slight kick, but its not as a bad as a poppets.

I like PE packaging better. But that has nothing to do with how a marker will behave

Go look at each of the marker specific forums, and see what issues most are having with their marker. And that should help give you a breakdown on what to expect.

If there is lots of threads about getting this upgrade or that upgrade. My preference is to stay away from those. I personally don't want to go spend 300-400 on a marker just to spend an extra 100 for upgrades. In those scenario's, you might as well purchase a used (2-4yrs old) high ends. As they will run around that price range.
the etek is the same internally as an ego just w/o the bells and whistles so it will get way better than 7 pods. you are looking more like 10ish or more. the rail is a very cheap version of the dm and the etha is basically the etek to a geo only worse.
look at a used axe
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:42 PM #7
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

The Etha is soooo loud and feels like cans are moving around in there when shot. The Etek is also loud but has a decent shot feel. The Rail Maxxed is pretty decent from what I have heard (never shot one) but people like it for the price. If it were me and I was looking to buy one of these markers I would go Etek or Rail maxxed.

The Etha is not a spool so naturally you wouldn't ever compare it to a Geo... sigh. Bro just try your best to hold and shoot these markers and if that's not possible then learn what you can and base your decision from there.

Also... this is the place you should post this thread. You're asking for a comparison of three markers.

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 PM #8
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaintSlinger View Post
The Etha is soooo loud and feels like cans are moving around in there when shot. The Etek is also loud but has a decent shot feel. The Rail Maxxed is pretty decent from what I have heard (never shot one) but people like it for the price. If it were me and I was looking to buy one of these markers I would go Etek or Rail maxxed.

The Etha is not a spool so naturally you wouldn't ever compare it to a Geo... sigh. Bro just try your best to hold and shoot these markers and if that's not possible then learn what you can and base your decision from there.

Also... this is the place you should post this thread. You're asking for a comparison of three markers.

iPS
1 - The Etha IS a spool. The valve has a radial (oring) seal, not a face seal (poppet). It uses a a pull-poppet instead of a sear to operate a very automag-like bolt system.

2 - When I had mine it was as quiet as a Geo 2 my friend had, quieter when I put a Lurker barrel on it. "Results may very" I know but I havent considered any Ive heard as loud.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:20 PM #9
uhhhMikey

Best Marker?

In my opinon, dont get an etha. It's a solid back up marker but not as a main.

I would go with an etek 4 LT (don't bother getting the AM its not worth it)
I've never owned a proto before so i dont feel comfortable writing an opinion about it.

but your best bet would be to get a used Ego 11. You can get them for the same price as a New Etek 4 except the Ego 11 is better (again IMO)

GLWB
uhhhMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:04 AM #10
MangoPhett

I too would recommend not getting the Etha. Very loud, and the first batches had problems not working. Also, the gun just doesn't feel good in the hands when shooting, as in you could feel all the vibrations and workings of the gun inside the grip.
The Rail maxxed I wouldn't recommend getting because it's just a fancy ion. As good as ions go, it is not worth the price that the rail is going for. It does shoot the smoothest out of those 3 markers, if that is of major importance to you. Not very efficient, however.
The Etek I would go with out of those three, but I personally do not like the Etek very much. Very loud, and very kicky. If that does not matter to you, then by all means, go with it.
My personal recommendation? Get an Axe.
#2sexeh4u
MangoPhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:22 PM #11
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

So many people call the Etha loud... sooo I would think that it's loud. it was actually disappointing to me when I shot it because the Eclipse fanboys told me it's better than an Axe. The Etha is a very bad marker for the price, shave $100 off the retail and then I can almost recommend it to someone.

I understand Eclipse has great customer service... this doesn't make all of their markers great. Lv1, Geo 3/3.1 are very great markers. Everything else outside of the SL line were just mediocre markers that you can get the same quality from other brands. So again try them for yourself and most likely you will end up with the Etek as this is the better of the three that you have compared.

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:43 PM #12
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes, the PBN bandwagon regurgitates something they heard about a marker so that makes it true. There are legitimate complaints to be made about the Etha (the vibration and early poppet spring issues) but I stand by the fact that they are not nearly as loud as some people make them out to be. Definitely not near the volume of an Etek, probably louder than most Axes (with a different barrel than stock and/or tuning).
Old 07-11-2014, 08:23 PM #13
inferno2inferno

Etek4 stomps the others in efficiency with a big range, 10-14 is what I usually get on mine with an average of 12. While the loudest of that bunch which causes some people to shy away from it, it is also the most reliable and sturdy with the Etha frame being way too milled out and the rail frame being even more so than that.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:33 PM #14
pack131`pb

i found geo for 400 so ill think ill just get that haha
Old 07-14-2014, 01:00 PM #15
BP0019
Hooligans Paintball

BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BP0019 plays in the APPA D4 division
BP0019 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BP0019 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pack131`pb View Post
i found geo for 400 so ill think ill just get that haha
you can get a Geo 2 or 2.1 for $450-$550. I highly recommend a 2.1. If you are going to look at the original Geo it is worth the extra money to get a 2 or 2.1.
With that being said to answer your original question, I would probably go Etek. Used Eteks before and really liked them. A little loud but it never really bothered me. Never used a rail but have used a DM and I'm personally not a fan of the way it feels. I did use an Etha for bit and was very disappointed in the shot quality. The Etha did however make me realize I like a single tube marker instead of a stack tube. That is when I bought my first Geo which was a 2.1 I got for $500. Until then I shot nothing but stack tube poppets. Since then I have had. The 2.1, a 3.1 and now my GSL.
Vypr GSL #658
BP0019 is online now   Reply With Quote