PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-21-2002, 10:30 AM #22
PurgatoryPit
Nero Caesar

has been a member for 10 years
You ask for peoples opinions then get pissy when you dont like them. Grow up.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2002, 10:49 AM #23
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
You are telling me to grow up? Why don't you!
He is not bassing is statements on fact. He does not get the ICE is not out to domonate the market on paintball markers, they are offering a different design, one that may fit better to some people, but like the brass eagle haters that dissed the rainmaker just because it was made by brass eagle. OK not best analigy.
My piont is it is NOT the company. yes servise is important but it is the product that matters. Just like the guys in my loca Maryland paintball do not want to hear about the epic, and will not touch a brass eagle with a 10' pole. While JC's paintball near me is open to find the best marker for YOU the customer. You guy are having trouble grasping this.

Oh and the rainmaker is a awsome gun, most people who have owned them and taken care of them will tell you they are awsome, some even buy 4+ of them at a time because of the liquidation sales.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:06 AM #24
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Spartan X
Thank you for YOUR OPINION, it has been noted, filed and shreaded.
Know what you can do? You can shut up! Every single opinion that people have made that did not like the Epic, you have to pick apart and critisize.

So you can just shut up, and sit down kid. Quit it. The guys asked for peoples' opinions, and that's what he's getting. Let people say what they have to say without your crybaby interfierance. You sound like you work for the guys at Ice!

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 12-21-2002, 01:10 PM #25
Spartan X
Unbanned

Ok, just let me apologize to yah guys. I guess I was being a newb there. I did not mean to flame but I guess it just ended up like that. Thanks for your opinions, I will let you know what the Epic is really like when I get mine in.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:22 PM #26
Timmay

u don't even have a epic LOL did u even shoot one....

anywho i shot one awhile back and thought they sucked worst than mags and costed alot more
Old 12-21-2002, 03:33 PM #27
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
For 50 dollars more at 800 you can buy an sfl bushy, which hands down is the best gun on the market right now.

But basically that is the problem with the epic, the pricetag. Since its so compact and lightwieght, it has a relatively low usage of metal, meaning the materials cost is pretty cheap, showing how much profit these cats at ICE are making.

The Epic is not an original idea, I was speaking with a good friend that used to work as Earon Carter's second hand man, and he spoke of how the epic began as just a theoretical discussion in the machine shop between Earon, my friend Aaron, and Jim. This conversation was initiated by Earon Carter making a statement that paintball guns didnt need bolts to function properly. So Jim took Earons idea and ran with it.

The Epic is one loud gun, it is like a mag times two, and you cannot use a silencer on it because the feds would be on you due to silencers on any type of firearm, whether pneumatic or gunpowder, are illegal in the US.

The ROF is horrendously slow, I have a relatively fast trigger finger as I can pull about 11 or so a second on a slide frame cocker, but I managed to get about 5 on the Epic.

The balance is in fact horrendous. The In Grip Reg idea is idiotic, for the foregrip or reg is where the balance comes mainly from, but one good area is that there is no need for hosing.

The trapdoor is bad, or at least the one that I shot at Caljam was. It is in fact possible to short stroke the Epic causing blank firing which isnt cool at all.

The statement on almost no maintenance is ludicrous. Look at angels, timmys, and bushys. What maintenance do they require? Lubing once about every 4 times out on the field, other than that simply taking a swab and running it thru the bolt tube and ur done.

Basically, there are two kinds of Epics, good ones and bad ones. I have seen Epics that shoot relatively nice, but not as nice as they should for the price tag they carry. Some of the bad ones I have seen are horrendous, from chopping to breaking down.

For 750, Id much rather save the 50 and get a timmy or even better and SFL Bushy, both of which shoot faster, straighter, and have relatively zero maintenance.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 12-21-2002, 06:20 PM #28
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Somebody likes the word "Horrendous".

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 12-21-2002, 06:25 PM #29
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Yep, it was the best describing adjective I could think of at the time.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 12-22-2002, 08:37 PM #30
Paintballfreak998

nice word ajdx100

..........................l_l.....................
.##########OOOOOOOOO=D......
.............()=JJJJOOOOOOOO--l=_l.....
......................l l( )=)xxx-.............
......................l l.......\X\..............
......................[]........\X\.............i
Old 12-22-2002, 09:21 PM #31
nmr

nmr is a Supporting Member
nmr is a founding member
i got to shoot the proto-type e-epic at cal jam.. it was about as fast as my impy, except there was a huge box wear the forgrip should go, which the guy said "that will all be gone when it is realeased, its still a protype"... also he showed me a vert feed rise, that made the marker even more appealing.. even then i thought it was a waste of money..

My Feedback.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:56 PM #32
ajdx1000
GnarKill

If the caljam that youre reffering to is the one in November at Hollywood Sports Park, then that wasnt a prototype. To my knowledge, the Epic has been around for about a year and a half now. Also, your impulse must shoot slow for the epic to be as fast.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 12-22-2002, 11:03 PM #33
Spartan X
Unbanned

Yes that was a prototype for the Electro! not the michanical one that is out now. The prototype is doing 13 bps right now, but Jim said it will do 16 bps by the time the production model is finished. To my knowledge IMPs are capped at 13bps, right?, so it is true that the prototype is just as fast as a imp. and will be faster by the production model.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:05 PM #34
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Hmm, I didnt see the electro one at their booth. I dont think that impulses are capped at 13 bps cuz I used to have one and I was skipping on a 12 volt revvy with x board and two energizer titaniums that were new out of package. I donno tho, to my knowledge AKA was the only manufacturer that followed the 13 bps cap.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 12-23-2002, 12:08 AM #35
epic
candy pants

non vision imps are caped at 13 and vsion are capped at 22...xboards are slower than they are advertised..most people w/2finger can outshoot a 12v on an imp
Old 12-24-2002, 09:51 AM #36
Spartan X
Unbanned

Then either they did not have it there or it was being test fired while you where there. If it had a big block on the front on it wear ther forgrip should be, then it was the Electro.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:20 PM #37
ajdx1000
GnarKill

I shot the non electric one and that was the only one on the table, Im not 4, I know what I saw.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 12-25-2002, 10:00 AM #38
Spartan X
Unbanned

Ok maybe you did not see it. But the one that i-hate-school decribed was the elecrtro.