Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM #22
CA_Tectonics

From inside the gun? As in leaking sound from the breach? That sounds like either a cup seal issue or the o-ring on the valve that is towards the front of the marker.

As for leaking at the bottom of the regulator, is it where the bottom line hose screws into the reg? Or is it the pressure adjustment screw? Bottom of reg is a little too general, could you track it down and be more specific as to where the leak is?
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 AM #23
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Mission1395 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
From inside the gun? As in leaking sound from the breach? That sounds like either a cup seal issue or the o-ring on the valve that is towards the front of the marker.

As for leaking at the bottom of the regulator, is it where the bottom line hose screws into the reg? Or is it the pressure adjustment screw? Bottom of reg is a little too general, could you track it down and be more specific as to where the leak is?
It sounds like its leaking around where the macroline hose screws into, close to where the bonnet screw is in the reg. And yes in the breach, but i havent really examined the o-ring on the valve that faces towards the front

Just happy to be here.
Mission1395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:26 PM #24
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission1395 View Post
It sounds like its leaking around where the macroline hose screws into, close to where the bonnet screw is in the reg. And yes in the breach, but i havent really examined the o-ring on the valve that faces towards the front
I'd start by checking that fitting on the bottom of the reg. It could be from where it screws into the reg or where the bottom line hose screws into it. For the threads (where it screws into the reg), try tightening it a little more or remove, clean off the threads, wrap with some Teflon tape, and screw it back in.

For where the hose connects to the fitting, there should be a washer in between the two - in the female part of the line. Check that for scratches, damage, etc. Try flipping it over as well. You can also try to just tighten that connection up a little bit and/or add some Teflon tape to the threads of the fitting and reattach the line.

Like I said about that leak with the sound from the breach, it is likely from the o-ring on the front of the valve and/or the cup seal itself. Break down the lower tube internals and inspect. Replace and damaged, scratched parts as necessary. When putting everything back together, be sure that the Poppet (valve pin) is centered in the spring and the tip is in alignment.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 07-11-2014, 08:39 PM #25
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

I give up. I have no idea whats wrong with this gun, its still leaking from the breach even when i double checked all the o-rings and and dissassembled and reassembled my gun. All the o-rings are in tact as well. I hit a dead end

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:05 PM #26
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I give up. I have no idea whats wrong with this gun, its still leaking from the breach even when i double checked all the o-rings and and dissassembled and reassembled my gun. All the o-rings are in tact as well. I hit a dead end
If you only have a leak from the breach area now, that is big progress. A leak that the sound is coming from the breach is the cup seal on the poppet (that plastic part on poppet that the spring attaches to). Check the face of that cup seal (the face that is towards the stem of the poppet) for any scratches. You may need to order another one from Azodin if it isn't sealing and is damaged.

Also, are you getting that leak with the bolt/hammer pulled back in the "cocked" position? You should have it "cocked" when airing it up. You don't want the hammer pushing on the poppet and opening the valve when airing it up.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:21 PM #27
CA_Tectonics

Almost forgot........is the valve installed correctly? The small opening should face the back of the marker.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:35 PM #28
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
If you only have a leak from the breach area now, that is big progress. A leak that the sound is coming from the breach is the cup seal on the poppet (that plastic part on poppet that the spring attaches to). Check the face of that cup seal (the face that is towards the stem of the poppet) for any scratches. You may need to order another one from Azodin if it isn't sealing and is damaged.

Also, are you getting that leak with the bolt/hammer pulled back in the "cocked" position? You should have it "cocked" when airing it up. You don't want the hammer pushing on the poppet and opening the valve when airing it up.
Yea it's still leaking when it's cocked before airing it up. I'm guessing it's the cup seal, if that looks good then I have no idea what it is

Just happy to be here.

Last edited by Mission1395 : 07-11-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:36 PM #29
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Yea it's still leaking when it's cocked before airing it up. I'm guessing it's the cup seal, if that looks good then I have no idea what it is
The good news is that the possibilities are only a few. Like I mentioned above, it is likely the front o-ring on the valve, the cup seal, the valve is in backwards, or the valve is damaged. If you want, I could take a look at it.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:52 PM #30
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
The good news is that the possibilities are only a few. Like I mentioned above, it is likely the front o-ring on the valve, the cup seal, the valve is in backwards, or the valve is damaged. If you want, I could take a look at it.
The valve is good, it isnt backwards and the o-rings on there on good as well, i dont know about the cup seal yet, i havent checked. But if its not the cup seal, then idk how to fix this gun. If i send it to you maybe you can find something wrong with it idk

Edit: Cup seal is in great condition

Just happy to be here.

Last edited by Mission1395 : 07-12-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:03 PM #31
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
The valve is good, it isnt backwards and the o-rings on there on good as well, i dont know about the cup seal yet, i havent checked. But if its not the cup seal, then idk how to fix this gun. If i send it to you maybe you can find something wrong with it idk
Found something wrong...........it's leaking .

Seriously though, I hope you can track down the issue. Nothing more frustrating than a marker that is having issues and you can't figure out why.

Silly question but I'd better ask.......is the poppet/cup seal seated correctly against the valve. Sometimes when putting the poppet in, the point doesn't go through the valve. It hits the face of the valve instead and it can seem like it is in place. Just trying to get possible trouble spots out there for you.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:05 PM #32
CA_Tectonics

Well, with the cup seal looking good, I guess it could be a nick or scratch on the face of the valve itself.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:10 PM #33
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
Found something wrong...........it's leaking .

Seriously though, I hope you can track down the issue. Nothing more frustrating than a marker that is having issues and you can't figure out why.

Silly question but I'd better ask.......is the poppet/cup seal seated correctly against the valve. Sometimes when putting the poppet in, the point doesn't go through the valve. It hits the face of the valve instead and it can seem like it is in place. Just trying to get possible trouble spots out there for you.
Im going to assume it is, should it be difficult to push it in?

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:12 PM #34
CA_Tectonics

Not really. You should be able to tell by how far the spring drops down on the lower tube.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:12 PM #35
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
Well, with the cup seal looking good, I guess it could be a nick or scratch on the face of the valve itself.
Could i possibly send the gun to you

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:14 PM #36
CA_Tectonics

If you have the little star shaped piece in place, it should basically center itself.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:14 PM #37
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
Not really. You should be able to tell by how far the spring drops down on the lower tube.
I mean i doubt im putting in the spring wrong

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:16 PM #38
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Could i possibly send the gun to you
Sure, if you want to. I'll PM you.

Honestly though, I always try to help people fix their own marker because they can learn so much more and can fix issues should they be out playing and something goes wrong. It's up to you though.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:19 PM #39
CA_Tectonics

Do you have a camera handy and know how to post pics IP here?

Take out the internals and line them up how they are installed. Take a pic and we should be able to tell if something is installed incorrectly.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:20 PM #40
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
Do you have a camera handy and know how to post pics IP here?

Take out the internals and line them up how they are installed. Take a pic and we should be able to tell if something is installed incorrectly.
I mean i have my phone, can i post pictures off my phone?

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:26 PM #41
CA_Tectonics

You would have to upload them to a hosting site (or Facebook) and then get the URL for the pic.

If you are on Facebook, add me (same name as here) and message me.