PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-05-2014, 09:02 PM #1
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Mission1395 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Lasermygun.com

Alright i didnt know where else to put this thread so i decided to put it on here. Anyways, im thinking about getting my gun anodized and i was wondering if anyone has ever used lasermygun.com and what their thoughts were on their service. If you have pictures of ur gun after they anoed it, i would love to see the work they did as well.

Just happy to be here.
Mission1395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2014, 05:22 AM #2
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3881975

Ion: takes a half hour to do easy maintenance and there is a 50% chance it will leak once reassembled.

NT: requires at least a four year degree in metallurgy, physics, meteorology and dark magic to get it to operate.

eBay FEEDBACK
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:50 AM #3
Scatlm
equilibrium

Hey, I've had several guns done by them. Their service is great, but their pricing is even better. You can get a gun under 10 pieces done in a solid color for about $90 ...that's unheard of this day and age. But like any anodizer, they have their pros and cons... they have some colors that they do much better than others... if you're getting work done by them... I'd stick to their teal/turquoise and purple... they do it as good as anyone else, if not better. And I'd also steer away from their fades or acid washes... if you want a complex job, go with Caustic. I'd stick with CS/lasermygun for a simple two color schemes or solid colors

The silver one was done in clear... I've seen other anodizers do clear much better. The clear one was bead blasted so the finish was 100% consistent throughout .. the turquoise wasn't and some of the parts were a bit off-colored as a result. I'd definitely spend the extra $75 to get it bead blasted.

Last edited by Scatlm : 07-06-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:32 PM #4
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

wow that actually looks amazing, im definitely going to use these guys now, might just go for purple then

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:10 PM #5
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission1395 View Post
wow that actually looks amazing, im definitely going to use these guys now, might just go for purple then
Yeah, their purple rocks. Also, I'd go for a bead blasted dust finish. Their polished glossy finish is not that great either. If you go for a polished look you have to pay extra for their polishing prep work, and the end result isn't that great from what I've seen. That being said, they've got a great turn around time. Both of my guns came back within 10 days and you can call their store at any time. They are very easy to work with. If you do go for a polished finish, I'd call them and ask them that you really need it to shine, etc. Otherwise, they may not put the extra effort in prepping/polishing, thus it won't come out very glossy. Just my .02
Old 07-06-2014, 08:48 PM #6
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlm View Post
Yeah, their purple rocks. Also, I'd go for a bead blasted dust finish. Their polished glossy finish is not that great either. If you go for a polished look you have to pay extra for their polishing prep work, and the end result isn't that great from what I've seen. That being said, they've got a great turn around time. Both of my guns came back within 10 days and you can call their store at any time. They are very easy to work with. If you do go for a polished finish, I'd call them and ask them that you really need it to shine, etc. Otherwise, they may not put the extra effort in prepping/polishing, thus it won't come out very glossy. Just my .02
I was thinking about just going with the regular dust purple, and when you placed your order for the gun did you use the order sheet they give you on the site or did u just call in and place your order that way, and idk if i want the bead blasting, i think the dust purple will do just fine

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:35 PM #7
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
I was thinking about just going with the regular dust purple, and when you placed your order for the gun did you use the order sheet they give you on the site or did u just call in and place your order that way, and idk if i want the bead blasting, i think the dust purple will do just fine

Yeah, I just filled out the form and sent the gun in. I didn't even contact them. They send you an automatic notification once your package arrives. My jobs were fairly straight forward, so there wasn't any need for communication, really.

The teal one you see was done without bead blasting and it came out real nice. However, it's worth noting, that it was originally dust, so I got away with skipping the bead blasting prep work. If your gun is gloss right now, it would really benefit from bead blasting. Otherwise, the parts will come out with a kinda semi-gloss look. Just letting you know, so that you have all of your bases covered.

Last edited by Scatlm : 07-06-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 PM #8
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
Yeah, I just filled out the form and sent the gun in. I didn't even contact them. They send you an automatic notification once your package arrives. My jobs were fairly straight forward, so there wasn't any need for communication, really.

The teal one you see was done without bead blasting and it came out real nice. However, it's worth noting, that it was originally dust, so I got away with skipping the bead blasting prep work. If your gun is gloss right now, it would really benefit from bead blasting. Otherwise, the parts will come out with a kinda semi-gloss look. Just letting you know, so that you have all of your bases covered.
Ohhh ok now I get it, but my gun is dust black so I think I'll be good in the long run, but for the ordering I'll just fill out the form then

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:42 PM #9
Scatlm
equilibrium

Quote:
Ohhh ok now I get it, but my gun is dust black so I think I'll be good in the long run, but for the ordering I'll just fill out the form then
Thats great. The finish should come out pretty consistent. Also keep that in mind for any ASA's or misc. parts you get done. Try to send them all dust parts.

Post pics when it's done
Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 PM #10
Mission1395
Surprise Mother****er

Quote:
Thats great. The finish should come out pretty consistent. Also keep that in mind for any ASA's or misc. parts you get done. Try to send them all dust parts.

Post pics when it's done
Will do, im pretty pumped to send it in

Just happy to be here.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:06 AM #11
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
I have heard some good things, but I know someone who had a really bad experience with them, because of that I would say to make sure and shop around. If you still really like them then give them a shot.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:34 AM #12
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
I used them. Wonderful experience

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote