Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-04-2014, 07:53 AM #1
pontiacfreak142

appearantly no one uses spyders anymore?

Story:

A buddy of mine had his birthday party at a newer local paintball place this past weekend. We get out and play a few games (all organized scenario stuff), then while re chronoing, one guy turns to me and asks to borrow my barrel squegee, then proceeds to tell me hates my gun bc its a "speedball gun" (09 electra with upgrades). Said hes owned several speedball guns and they were all junk and how he didnt understand how people could use them over something like his scenario gun, which was some sort of frankensteined tippman (oh i dont know, maybe the fact that i could shoot a crap ton faster and more accurately than he could? Lol). At this point we split ways.

Right after said conversation, it proceeded to storm like all hell let loose for a few, so several people left and we all got together to repick teams. We got into a discussion about something that had happend a couple games before (well more like one guy complaining cause he took like 5 balls to the mask from me when he stuck his head up over a barrier to shoot at me). Mid conversation, he looks at my gun and says "a spyder? No one uses those things anymore". I wanted to ask if he was mad about getting shot up by one, but then realized he was friends with the speedball hater and wasnt supprised lol.
spyder tlx
spyder pilot acs/tl frankenstein gun.
pontiacfreak142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2014, 02:07 AM #2
HillbillyG5

Eh i still run a mr1 and guys will ***** all day.
HillbillyG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 AM #3
alldayyyyy

Ive run spyders for the past 17 years. I tried a tippman salvo that I modded and wasn't happy, sold it after 3 months.

Tippmans have flooded the market, still got my 15 yr old Spyder Shutter and my New modded EMR5 and I $hit all over the tippman guys alldayyyyyyy!
alldayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:27 PM #4
kingofpoon

Love my emr1
kingofpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:39 PM #5
thatguy1993

I still rock both a Pilot ACS and an MR1, both have served me well! After I use them I clean them, lube them, put them away and they're good to go for next time.
thatguy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:33 AM #6
alldayyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy1993 View Post
I still rock both a Pilot ACS and an MR1, both have served me well! After I use them I clean them, lube them, put them away and they're good to go for next time.
Truth, I do the same and these guns will last forever.
alldayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:44 AM #7
pontiacfreak142

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayyyyy View Post
Ive run spyders for the past 17 years. I tried a tippman salvo that I modded and wasn't happy, sold it after 3 months.

Tippmans have flooded the market, still got my 15 yr old Spyder Shutter and my New modded EMR5 and I $hit all over the tippman guys alldayyyyyyy!
Ive never modded one but have shot a few and was never impressed. Im guessin he was just a fan boy though cause he currently had a j&j barrel on it (actually pretty dang close to the exact one i was using) and he was crying about how it was so inaccurate and how his stock barrel could probably do better (couldnt be the fact that gun just sucks....)
spyder tlx
spyder pilot acs/tl frankenstein gun.
pontiacfreak142 is offline   Reply With Quote