Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-03-2014, 01:50 PM #1
Trendwolf
The WOLF

Trendwolf owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Trendwolf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
"Shipped and Gifted"

When somone says they will sell something stating it's cost is "600 shipped and gifted for X gun" what does this entail? As in what payment style and does it mean they want the money gifted which puts me at risk?
Trendwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2014, 02:01 PM #2
Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14 is playing at Living Legends VII
Pvlacrosse14 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pvlacrosse14 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Pvlacrosse14 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Pvlacrosse14 supports DLX Technology
What this means is that for this price, they will cover shipping fees, but you will have to gift the payment using paypal. This leaves you vulnerable because it's as if you are just giving him the money as a gift, and don't expect anything in return. This means you will not be covered under paypal's buyer protection plan.

NEVER gift a payment, because if you get scammed, you're screwed because it's as if you gave him the money and expect nothing in return. The reason people want gifted payments is because that way they will not have to cover the 3% paypal fee the seller has to pay

OLED Bob Long G6R
Spire 260
Ninja 68/4500 Grey Ghost
Empire Events
NXE Elevation
Pvlacrosse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:01 PM #3
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet is BST Trusted
dreadmuppet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Shipped means the seller covers shipping costs.

Gifted means they want you to pay through PayPal AND they want you to "gift" the money to them.

Gifted is opposed to "paying for goods" which requires the seller to pay 3% of the money to PayPal.

NEVER GIFT PAYMENT. PayPal will only protect you if you "pay for goods". (For example, if you pay and the seller does not ship, PayPal will refund your money) Tell the seller that you want to pay for goods. Sometimes the seller will eat the costs, sometimes they will ask you to add an additional 3% to cover the fees.

Never trust a seller who only accepts gifted payments, they are probably trying to scam you.
REC BALL AND SCENARIO TEAM
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU
MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK

Last edited by dreadmuppet : 07-03-2014 at 02:02 PM. Reason: sic
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 PM #4
p8ntballr68059
Post whore since 08

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
if it says gifted offer to cover the fees yourself with the amount. this way if anything goes wrong you are covered. if they refuse to let you send money as good with you covering the fees. i would probably report that user to the mods as a potential scammer. especially since you will at that point have offered to make sure they get the full amount of that payment.
one other tip. if it seems too good to be true on a price it probably is. always ask for pictures of the marker in their possession with their screen name and a date on a paper next to it. i have gone as far as have them take a pic of the marker with that days paper or something like that
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Insight,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:40 PM #5
Barbara_Walters
I want AR15 mags, PM me

Barbara_Walters plays in the PSP
Barbara_Walters supports Cereal Killerz 2
Barbara_Walters helped look for balloons
Barbara_Walters is an NCPA player
Barbara_Walters has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
^^All these people hit it right on the head. The only people I gift money is too family (and then I can just give them cash)
Barbara_Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:59 PM #6
proriin

proriin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
proriin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
proriin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Always cover your ***, never gift the money
proriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:59 PM #7
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Keep in mind if the guy (or gal) has 100+ positive feedback, chances are they aren't trying to scam you when asking for gifted payments.
bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:19 PM #8
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchu View Post
Keep in mind if the guy (or gal) has 100+ positive feedback, chances are they aren't trying to scam you when asking for gifted payments.
I still wouldn't trust it.

As was mentioned before, offer to pay what they are asking for the item plus the additional 3% (actually a little more since you need to cover the 3% of the 3%...so for $100 item it would work out to be about $103.10). IF they refuse to do this, then I wouldn't deal with them.

The whole purpose of gifting is to avoid this 3% charge PayPal charges you for handling money. So if you offer a solution that results in the same benefit and they refuse it, you have to ask yourself what is the seller's motivation other than recieving the amount they want for an item? The only reasonable benefit would be to bypass the buyer protection features that 3% fee covers if the seller doesn't ship the item allowing them to keep the money without sending you anything.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:49 AM #9
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
NEVER ****ING SEND MONEY GIFTED FOR ANY PURCHASE OR ANY DEAL WHERE YOU SHOULD BE GETTING SOMETHING IN RETURN

That is all.

reasons to do this no matter what:

-shipping is cheaper
-you will get your money or your item - no matter ****ing what (just file a claim within the time limit if you need to)
-you can more easily trace and record the transaction for recordkeeping purchases
-Insurance: you pay for it so you never have to pay more than what you're paying for it. That being said, this is just like not wearing seatbelts. Only you get ****ed over in the end and the only one who's gonna be getting any feelings over it is you.

If they are weiners about sending something as a purchase, you should instantly consider:

finding another seller because this one might be sketchy or just really incompetent (their conduct will predict their quality of honesty and service. a lazy typer is generally a lazy ****ing packager and cleaner and bla bla bla. I mean come on. You see a burly dude with torn clothing and tattoos and lots of scars, do you really assume firsthand that he's a teddy bear?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote