PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-01-2014, 11:33 PM #1
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

New azodin owner. Pretty impressed.

I just bought an azodin kaos and I must say I'm very impressed with the build quality Shot quality, ergos, fit and finish far surpass the spyders and clones of my early teen hood. I've owned a lot of high end markers and I'm genuinely excited about a blowback. I'm looking at a nice reg and the Zero b valve. Does anyone have any spyder style marker tuning tricks? Or tips for this specific marker?
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2014, 08:43 AM #2
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

Congrats bro. The valve assembly that helps lower operating pressure and softens shot feel is called "Zero-D" not "Zero b", not to be that guy but it's just so you are aware. I too am new to Azodin's world of STBB platform and what a great world it is. You will learn very fast that this community is very helpful and very knowledgable. Aside from Azodin themselves I would recommend DRAXX, SmallTownKaos and CA_Techtonics for general and advanced questions. I have learned a lot from these guys along with the rest of the Azodin community.

For the most part these markers are very easy to maintain and to diagnose when maintenance isn't enough to keep you up and running. I also doubt that you will ever find better Customer Service, you may find equal but not better. Now with that said welcome and post pics NOW PLEASE!!!

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM #3
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Congrats on the decision. Glad to see Azodin is growing more of a fan base and respect. When I got my kaos I was a fan, when I got my first blitz/zenith I was a loyal azodin follower. But if you decide to grab a ZII you'll find that you'll be looking for your own seat on the bandwagon.

The guys at Azodin listen to their customers more than any other manufacturer. They are good guys, best customer support you'll find.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8

LOOKING FOR A BLUE AZODIN ZENITH...PM ME
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:04 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessekeels View Post
I just bought an azodin kaos and I must say I'm very impressed with the build quality Shot quality, ergos, fit and finish far surpass the spyders and clones of my early teen hood. I've owned a lot of high end markers and I'm genuinely excited about a blowback. I'm looking at a nice reg and the Zero b valve. Does anyone have any spyder style marker tuning tricks? Or tips for this specific marker?
Just about all of the old Spyder tricks should also work with the Kaos. You can play around with spring stiffness for the main spring and poppet spring - just be sure you get the proper lengths. You can also try out different valves if you like. I believe the Kaos valve size is the same as the general Spyder size (although I do know that there are those odd-ball Spyder sizes out there so be careful if you get one).

When getting a HPR reg for the Kaos, you would want to make sure that the reg of choice can operate/output at the necessary pressure needed for the Kaos operation. As with highly modded Spyders, you can likely get the Kaos running at low pressures by doing similar mods (springs, high flow valve, HPR reg, etc).

I too was pleasantly surprised when I got my KPs. Not only is the quality very good for across the board Azodin markers price point but, as the guys above stated, Azodin's customer service is phenomenal. Very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and highly supportive of their products.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:05 PM #5
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

AzodinTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
Hello Jessekeels,

Welcome to the family and we are happy to see that you are enjoying your Kaos Marker. The Zero system is a great way to lower the operating pressure of the marker. This will, intern, lower the markers sound signature and mechanical recoil.

Of course if you are planning on upgrading the Kaos fully (with Zero system, clamping feedneck, regulator, On/Off ASA, and 2 piece barrel), I would highly recommend you to take a look at our KDII line. The KDII is very similar to the Kaos, but is fully upgraded and features the Zero-D system.

The different between the Zero and Zero-D system is:

1. Zero-D system is threaded directly onto the marker, while the Zero uses a screw lock that is threaded through the vertical adapter
2. Zero-D is only compatible with our ZII and KDII lines (as of this time)

Other than that, both system run at 250psi and give the benefits listed above. If you have questions feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Ed
909-468-3600
AzodinTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:39 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Boom!! There you have it ^^^^. Azodin CS actively posting up in an online forum - answering customer questions and providing info. Curious how many other marker manufacturers are doing the same...in a timely manner like what Azodin does?
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:15 PM #7
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

Wow thanks for all the info, I do need a new HPR for it the one that was on there is crap (not a stock reg it was an old impulse reg).
Thanks for the info on the zero system.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:28 PM #8
MooseViking

As a Kaos owner myself I gotta say I quickly upgraded to the Blitz and threw the Zero on there along with an on/off ASA. two great little upgrades that I think are nice additions, but especially for a Blitz over the Kaos.

(goes without saying that I love both guns. the Kaos will def stay as my backup and a loaner for when I take friends)
MooseViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:17 AM #9
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

well i bought this gun for $10 lol. Well twenty for it and a headband. It is more of a loaner/knock around gun.
I have plans to modify the bolt with a ramp on top to reduce stack clipping, and epoxy an oring to reduce rollback.
Just a few little home made things to make it a little easier on paint.

Does anyone have any issues feeding this thing with a primo loader? I don't really want to mess around with used revvys but idk. I could throw my rotor on there but I know force feeding blowbacks is less than ideal.
jessekeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:21 AM #10
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

The loader is less important than the bore size. Kaos' or Azodins in general sometimes have issues with small bore paint.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero

Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 AM #11
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

so over bore would be the thing to do here?
Old 07-03-2014, 12:33 PM #12
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

Dont over bore your barrel, just use a bigger paint if possible.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero

Old 07-03-2014, 01:03 PM #13
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

I use a Primo loader and I never have any issues. So far the paint that I have been using has been .684 and .687, both were during outdoor play with temps ranging from 80-85 degrees. I used the .687 Azodin CF back with the stock front piece to my KDII. hopefully this helps you some.

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 PM #14
MooseViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessekeels View Post
well i bought this gun for $10 lol. Well twenty for it and a headband. It is more of a loaner/knock around gun.
I have plans to modify the bolt with a ramp on top to reduce stack clipping, and epoxy an oring to reduce rollback.
Just a few little home made things to make it a little easier on paint.

Does anyone have any issues feeding this thing with a primo loader? I don't really want to mess around with used revvys but idk. I could throw my rotor on there but I know force feeding blowbacks is less than ideal.
good points. I get some bad chops when I turn the eyes off on my Blitz. can you expand more on this bolt modification? I've never really heard of doing that
MooseViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:38 PM #15
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQNwndIPVDo

^^^
That guy is Banned from PBN though lol. I'm trying to get some pics from him to see how he did it. It would be like a mix of a cure style bolt from an ego and a pillow bolt by BL. Very simple to do, both designs of which I believe are patented. Which means you cannot sell them for money but doing it to your own bolt for personal use is fair game.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:57 PM #16
bowcycle

as soon as the video started, all I could look at is the splash classic RT mag lying on his desk.
Anyone else have the same problem?
I'm kind of a mag guy.
bowcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:00 AM #17
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
as soon as the video started, all I could look at is the splash classic RT mag lying on his desk.
Anyone else have the same problem?
I'm kind of a mag guy.
Yeah i'm an automag guy myself. My two other guns are an automag and a phantom. That RT is nice.