What the hell is wrong with these friggin jewish interest groups???? - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM #43
Vietnow
Strapped

has been a member for 10 years
Here in the Bible Belt people are going nuts for this movie. I go to a private Christian school (non-believer myself), and churches are booking whole theaters for the opening night. My school might even make us go to show "unity" and that we support Christian movies. Last time I checked there is nothing that these people approve of coming out of Hollywood, I can't wait for there to be a sex scene with Jesus or something.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2004, 05:31 PM #44
kameleon
street by street

I think people should dress up when they go see it opening night. Like when people bring lightsabers to starwars movies except they could wear a big ****ing cross on their back. and maybe a thorn headband.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:42 PM #45
republicanIDEOLOGUE

Quote:
Originally posted by kameleon
I think people should dress up when they go see it opening night. Like when people bring lightsabers to starwars movies except they could wear a big ****ing cross on their back. and maybe a thorn headband.
A sorry attempt at being funny

Last edited by republicanIDEOLOGUE : 02-20-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:08 PM #46
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by republicanIDEOLOGUE
A sorry attempt at being funny
To each his own.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:12 PM #47
squirrels
Now known as 'Lososaurus"

i'd just like to make a point about someone saying that jews were a race, jews(jewish people) are a religion, not a race, it's like arguing that mormons are a race, it's a religion. not trying to bash jews, just pointin it out.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:18 PM #48
Jornac
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by republicanIDEOLOGUE
Catholics don't suck, they're just wrong on several points...
yeah those points being. everything and everything else

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixCocker
This is a good time to watch the movie P.C.U.
agreed
Old 02-20-2004, 07:23 PM #49
Gunslinger_Tiny
Fighter Not a Lover

But... it's just a movie. How do people get uptight about a movie? It's a damn hollywood movie!!!!

GUNSLINGERS
We Know Paintball
Old 02-20-2004, 09:35 PM #50
tuna

*some* Jews protest this movie. just like *some* Hatians protested GTA:VC and its "kill the hatians" levels.

If none of the more stupid Jews had made such a big deal about this movie, then it would have gotten no press (LOL, because we control the media). The movie is an obvious attempt by the extremist Gibson to bait Jews, and its dissapoiting that some many people played along.

BTW, you do have your facts wrong, its an accepted historical fact that the Jews didn't kill Jesus- whether or not they convinced the Romans to do the job (which is what is conveyed in this movie) is up for debate.

Anwyay, the whats funny to me is that if the ADL had taken this up in court with Gibson then ACLU lawyers (an extremely large amount of which are Jewish) would step in and defend Gibson's 1st ammendment rights.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:01 PM #51
Gunslinger_Tiny
Fighter Not a Lover

But, it's... Oh different thread... people just need to get over themselves and realize that in this world something will offend you, take smelly people in elevators that offends me, but do I start a group named ASPIE? No I say yuck and move on it is the same with everything else, who care you are here for 80 years if you are lucky just enjoy them...

Yeah, life is a carousel. A great big crazy ball of pure living, breathing joy and delight. Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller!

GUNSLINGERS
We Know Paintball
Old 02-20-2004, 10:07 PM #52
PorkTornado
nipples

mel gibson invited the ADL and representatives from the catholic church to review his script. there were so many things in it that were historically inaccurate that both parties (adl and catholics) cut and carved the script to make it as accurate as possible). this pissed off mel gibson. the catholic representatives left, which put the ADL in a bad possition. it was now the jew's fault that mel's movie was catching so much flack, making me a "modern day jesus." gibson soon got rid of them and restored many of their corrections to his script.

mel gibson's father is a holocaust denier. mel was raised with these absurd beliefs, and used many of his father's antisemitic books in gathering "the most accurate information possible" on the crucifiction of jesus.

honestly, no one really knows what happened to jesus. people have a general idea, but no one knows for sure. the bible was written down years later by different people with diffent views. most of which were biased. historically, pontius pilate, a roman, ordered the exicution of jesus. the jews were, and it seems as though they still are, a convienent scapegoat.

that is why the ADL and jews worldwide are fighting this movie.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:25 PM #53
turkishyork

jesus.... i will tell you about jesus alright. he raped me and gave me aids. i will never be the same again.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:29 PM #54
osama yo mama

Quote:
Originally posted by Vietnow
I can't wait for there to be a sex scene with Jesus or something.
You DO NOT want a sex scene with Jesus, he gave people like Rory aids. He also gave Magic Johnson aids.

PS. Jews are cool.

"Originally posted by Yanni
You make me laugh, and feel warm inside."
Old 02-20-2004, 10:29 PM #55
MeRcaNtiCo
OGDT 12/29

MeRcaNtiCo is a Supporting Member
that was a worthless post. cant you at all be serious?

I like alcohol
Old 02-20-2004, 10:31 PM #56
Gunslinger_Tiny
Fighter Not a Lover

Jesus had it coming!

GUNSLINGERS
We Know Paintball
Old 02-20-2004, 10:34 PM #57
™Mr.Canada™ (Banned)
Banned

Re: What the hell is wrong with these friggin jewish interest groups????

"Is it because some jews (I'm not generalizing so piss off) are overly sensitive on issues of anti-semitism?"

Yes just like maney Germans are sensitive when the talk comes up about the Holicaust(SP)..they refuse to teach it in there schools and would prefer it to be wiped form the new generations mind.

The leading lady in this film is Jewish, and she has spoken out for the movie..bah what ya gona do
Old 02-20-2004, 11:12 PM #58
Jornac
Banned

Re: Re: What the hell is wrong with these friggin jewish interest groups????

Quote:
Originally posted by ™Mr.Canada™
"Is it because some jews (I'm not generalizing so piss off) are overly sensitive on issues of anti-semitism?"
like alvy singer(woody allen) in annie hall. if youve seen it youd get it
Old 02-20-2004, 11:28 PM #59
markee151
Banned

i only read the first post, but i agree, many minorities are over-sensitive about hatred towards them. also, the majority is also commonly oversensitive. the word is over-sensitive with this PC bull ****.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:06 AM #60
Pablo2K4
gillette bayonette

Pablo2K4 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by PorkTornado

mel gibson's father is a holocaust denier. mel was raised with these absurd beliefs, and used many of his father's antisemitic books in gathering "the most accurate information possible" on the crucifiction of jesus.

honestly, no one really knows what happened to jesus. people have a general idea, but no one knows for sure. the bible was written down years later by different people with diffent views. most of which were biased. historically, pontius pilate, a roman, ordered the exicution of jesus. the jews were, and it seems as though they still are, a convienent scapegoat.

I'm guessing you are a Jew. Mel Gibson doesn't deny the holocaust, his father did. They are making a movie, and anyone that is in their right mind, won't use the film as an excuse to go Jew bashing. Watch the news, get another take on the issue, and don't listen to everything your Rabbi tells you
on another note, the kids on teh Barney show were, undisputably the first scene kids.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:19 AM #61
Carnifex

Quote:
Originally posted by PorkTornado

Historically, Pontius gave the decision to the Jews and they chose to free Barabas rather than Jesus.

Originally posted by terry_wendel
I jizzed on my teachers face. Long story short; I won't ever eat Taquitos again.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:37 AM #62
Gunslinger_Tiny
Fighter Not a Lover

Wasn't there some recent expose on the whole Jesus thing where the theologists now surmise that it was all to create a single ruler, being God's law and remove the borders that were created with man ruling or something to that nature (I will have to look it up again, but I remmeber reading that)

GUNSLINGERS
We Know Paintball
Old 02-21-2004, 02:11 AM #63
shogun21
Viva La Nation

Quote:
Originally posted by squirrels
i'd just like to make a point about someone saying that jews were a race, jews(jewish people) are a religion, not a race, it's like arguing that mormons are a race, it's a religion. not trying to bash jews, just pointin it out.
you are an idiot. there is a jewish religion and a jewish race.

furthermore susan....

pontius pilate gave the jews the decision of which prisioner to free, the jews said barabas, pilate gave them a second chance and they still said no free barabas crucify jesus. so thats what they did. according to the bible. i am a christian, but even i can relate to the opinion that the bible is inacurate, after all it was translated i believe 4 times before it became the new king james version most everyone knows. even if it was written 100% accurately at the beginning, you loose alot translating. try doing that 4 times over. organized religion as a whole is a sham. the worst thing mankind ever did was capitalize the love of jesus. politics and religion dont mix, and that's what church is, its a little government and there's so much drama that makes going to church ridiculous. its about your personal relationship with jesus, not puttin money in the collection plate so your church can build a new 10 million dollar state of the art building with big screen tv's and all the bells and whistles