Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-19-2004, 09:00 PM #1
kangaroodent
Rodenté

kangaroodent is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Question A wannabe Cyborg asks questions! wow.

Hey everyone, I've been in the market for a high end gun for all of 3 weeks now and the MacDev Cyborg seems to be interesting. But I want to know some information, in order to convince my loan-shark (my dad) to give me moonay. I'd also like to know these things for myself, imagine that.

#1 (the most important): What do you need to do to maintain the Cyborg? Please include everything that you'll ever need to do lol. Actually, I'm serious.

#2. Is it a pimped out Bushmaster or an entirely new marker?

#3. Black to Orange (which most markers look pimp in, and it reminds me of Australias' mostly orange centre, which would be good for me since my nickname on my provincial forum [I'm from Canada, yay] is kangaroodent)
Black to Yellow (the most intimidating.)
Black to blue (my favourite colour, yay! Is it a kind of fluorescent blue? As long as it's freaking bright )

#4. Can you give me answers for my math homework?

#5. Is the trigger really as amazing as people say it is?

#6. Would it work good for a front mans' marker?

#7. What is the diameter of the feedneck? If the diameter is like
(-)
where the diameter is the line in between the two brackets, which represent the circle. If that's not the diameter, than I'm asking whatever is the distance of that. Yeah. Damn math.

#8. In conclusion, what marker can you compare this to? As in, what is as good as it.

#9: Where'd you guys get those MacDev avatars! I want one, lol.

Thank you all for your time, and the questions aren't really in order of most important (except for #1)

Thank you all again.

Last edited by kangaroodent : 02-19-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2004, 10:50 PM #2
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Tekk13 is a Supporting Member
ARG! Ummm...not like making this DIFFICULT or anything!
1- Lube the LPR and the Glad and the Ram once in a while. All three are very easy and the procedure is explained in the owners manual. Change the battery. Adjust the LPR to set velocity...make sure the Glad is at a constant 200 PSI. Wipe it down after the days use. If you shoot crappy paint and actually break a ball in the gun, take off the eye covers to clean the eyes. Clean out the gun. It is a very basic gun to maintain.

2- same principle as a bushy, but an entirely new marker. Putting a bushy and the Cyborg in the same category is an insult to the Cyborg.

3- Uhhh...what's your question? All three colours are very nice. Yellow to Black is the most rare. The blue is very nice, so is the reddy orange, though the normal orange is cool as well.

4- My tutoring fees are 20.00 per hour, and I have no guarantees on the right answer, otherwise it would be 40.00 per hour. (yes that is in Canadian funds, since I am in BC)

5- Personally, I don't like flat triggers, but the trigger is very nice on the Cyborg. It is easy to shoot fast, and comparable to any WAS marker out there.

6- YES

7-WTF?!

8- This gun is comparable to a WAS timmy or a WAS Viking, but in my opinion better, in that it is comparable in performance and efficiency, yet has a better price tag, and needs less immediate upgrades.

9- I had someone make up the Avatars (if you are referring to the one like mine)

10- Good god man...I almost didn't answer this! LOL

Where abouts in Canada are you? I can probably advise you on the best places to shop for a Cyborg.
www.dyeprecision.com

Mac Dev's Cyborg~ Never Before Has Overshooting been So Easy!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:57 PM #3
kangaroodent
Rodenté

Why thank you, I applaud you on your valiant effort to... yeah, thanks. lol

Anywhom, I'm in SK, Regina to be exact, and was planning on buying from Canadianpaintball.com, as they have a Lifetime labour warranty and I've dealt with them lots and they're a good place to buy from.

As for the WTFing question, I meant measure the width of the feedneck. There we go, in simple terms. Funny how I think better when I've been glued to the computer for 3 hours

I figure there's no harm in asking people to do my math homework for me. Just testing your something, which will be edited into this post at a later date. But most likely not.

Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:09 PM #4
pbeclipse
AKA Forever...

Tekk - nice job!

macdev.net + MSPaint = Avatar

Yay for paint, best program they ever made....
Old 02-20-2004, 03:06 AM #5
Mr. Noodle
mm mmm Noodle

Quote:
Originally posted by pbeclipse
Tekk - nice job!
macdev.net + MSPaint = Avatar
Yay for paint, best program they ever made....
um i dont think you can make animated GIF images with paint

all though it helped me through computer classes in high school, hehe, therefor yay paint

Quote:
Originally posted by kangaroodent was planning on buying from Canadianpaintball.com, as they have a Lifetime labour warranty and I've dealt with them lots and they're a good place to buy from.
hehehe i like how that store just happened to have a warranty right after I said they didnt have one (on a different forum)

hehehe anyways

ALL guns from Bastion come with a Lifetime labour warranty (including Cyborgs ofcourse)
BastionPaintball is already VERY experienced in anything-Cyborg or Mac Dev (what do you think the staff shoots? the cyborg! who do u think was the first store in Canada to get cyborgs? BastionPaintball) therefor is full of knowledge of how to fix it, and has upgrades for it (Clamping feednecks, 03 stickies, will probably be getting triggers soon, oh and all flavours of powerade for when your thirsty from shooting everyone)

basically, buy from www.BastionPaintball.com or else

wow that went from being 1 line, to like 10 meh its 1am and im bored...... cause i should be out somewhere having fun.... but nooooooo people have to eat dinner with their parents, blah blah blah etc etc.......

Noodle

-Sponsored by My Wallet!
-Friends don't let friends use drop forwards.
-If you don't have 5 guns shooting off the break, your front players arn't doing their jobs.

Last edited by Mr. Noodle : 02-20-2004 at 03:11 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:45 PM #6
kangaroodent
Rodenté

Wow, I never knew of that store. Seems that they actually know something about the Borgs, unlike CPball.

Anywhom, who do I have to bug to get a special colour? I want Blue to Orange, and it'll be the "Outback Borg."
Old 02-20-2004, 02:55 PM #7
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Haha...there are many people asking about special orders...http://www.petitiononline.com/MacDev/petition.html sign that and I will put in a word for you LOL. I will warn you though, if you want a special colour, expect to wait a while, it is hard to keep up with the stock colours, let alone do special orders.
www.dyeprecision.com

Old 02-20-2004, 05:13 PM #8
rukkerpark

I really want a cyborg I think I will purchase one in the summer. I think that they are looking the bomb. I would like to shoot it at the iao will they be there.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:55 PM #9
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
love that afro squad avatar! reminds me of one of my favorite movies "undercover brother"!

not sure if md will be at iao, if i had my way i'd we be at every tournament!
Old 02-21-2004, 08:45 PM #10
kangaroodent
Rodenté

Ah yes... does the Borg come stock with a drop forward?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:52 PM #11
deadeye_85
Banned

no, drop forwards suck.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:56 PM #12
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Nope, you need to add air lines and an ASA, or CONQUEST...

get a conquest...conquests rule...

conquest

conquest

conquest
www.dyeprecision.com