PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-02-2001, 01:24 AM #1
jmodlin

has been a member for 10 years
I'm looking at getting a Piranha Pro, i was wondering if any of you guys can tell me your experience with it or if its a good gun to buy. Thx
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2001, 11:08 AM #2
Avram
Happier when naked.

I have no experience with the actual Piranha Pro, but all the piranhas are almost identical internally.

I have an STS, and I haven't had any problems with it.

You do have to realize that the price you pay for the Pro is essentially for the anodizing (and the vertical feed, I suppose). So if you care about the looks, go for it, otherwise just about all the piranhas shoot the same. The only internal difference that they used to have was that the VTL/BTL had a steel open-faced bolt(do they still?) and the STS+ bolts were aluminum venturi designs(and the whole turbo valve thing, but that's over, so I wont get into that).

The most important thing is that you are confident in your decision and like the gun you end up with, so do what YOU want and just take our words of advice as a guide, not a rule.
Old 03-02-2001, 11:15 AM #3
Avram
Happier when naked.

Also

I forgot that the PRO's have an aluminum trigger frame which can be considered an "upgrade" but personally, I LIKE my composite trigger frame, it is never cold and seems to be a bit wider than most aluminum trigger frames (fits well in my hand).
Old 03-03-2001, 05:58 PM #4
socklesswhitey
WHAT U THNK I SOLD EM ALL

yeah, i would definatly go with a piranha but the decision is really just on how much you care about looks and how much are you willing to pay.i personally would get an sts or a psi but i like the traditional gun black gun myself so if you are looking for style you can also get your gun painted by a few people on www.paintballcity.com there are a few members their that will paint your gun however you want it for fairly cheap.i would check it out. peace.

plz, dont let a loved one wear the brass eagle mask in my avatar. freinds don let friends wear brass eagle.
Old 03-03-2001, 09:09 PM #5
urbunkered (Banned)

if u look in the the march issue of action pursuit games "mad dog" does a good review of it later
Old 03-08-2001, 10:27 PM #6
Falcon

DOn't forget PRO has vert feed (as mentioned) but also has Aluminum Grip and trigger assembly, all other Fish'es don't
256MB Ram
GeForce 2
Old 03-09-2001, 05:47 AM #7
speed_GA
GO MAVS

speed_GA is a founding member
speed_GA supports Empire
Smile

yeah just to name a few people who can do paint jobs for you on Pbc, Dalum, Sin, and Whitewolf can do paint jobs for you. I personally like the one of a kind gun so I would get a STS and get a paint job put on it. To contact one of these people who do paint jobs you can go to http://forums.paintballdojo.com/ and use the search option to search for them.

Anyways get whatever gun you like, and don't let other people decide about what you want to get.

The piranha pro is the same thing as a sts except it has a metal double finger trigger and a nice paint job(and as you know it cost more).
Old 03-09-2001, 07:20 AM #8
Falcon

there is a Plain Black version too!

256MB Ram
GeForce 2