Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-24-2014, 01:47 AM #1
toolshaq

toolshaq owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Question No answers/No help makes Etha owner want to sell!

I have been trying for some time to get some help from anyone including Planet Eclipse, their official tech here in Wisconsin, and lastly pm'd NickyT hoping for some help. Nothing...no callback from Boneyard Paintball and nothing from NickyT. Options with my first big scenario game this weekend? A) sell gun and buy something to use. B) drive 1.5 hrs to certified shop that doesn't call back. C) Again try to get somewhere with PE service, and possibly have to ship marker in, leaving me with no marker. or D) don't go to my first big game with all of my friends. With the clock running, option A looking like the only way to go. To bad because I did really enjoy this marker.
toolshaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2014, 04:55 AM #2
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Have you tried contacting a service center?

http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/service_centres
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:36 AM #3
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I can tell you that contacting Nicky T these days will not get you far.
He is dealing with some personal concerns that is keeping him away from his job unfortunately.
Try messaging Jack Wood here... or perhaps Bill @ paintballshowcase.com (Or here). Bill Is PBN's resident PE Tech and has a "Ask Bill" forum here.

What is the issue you are having with the Etha?? Maybe someone here can help...

Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:09 AM #4
toolshaq

Air leaking from back cap. Installed spring less poppet,replaced all o ring on bolt assembly. Properly lubed. Reg at reasonable pressure. Shooting 275-285 fps. After several rapid shots, air pisses out of back cap. Seems to be coming from around cap. Not severe, but audible. Sometimes another single shot will lessen leak. Have been surfing threads and see that quite a few people are having the same issue. No feedback from any of the PE reps. Just leaving us here to hang! Did contact PE support and was told to try a fatter o ring. If that does not work, was told to contact WI rep...did not return 2 phone calls. Bummed, gun not going to be ready for this weekend. Was hoping for better support. Will try to contact Jack Wood and Bill and see if I have any luck.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:50 AM #5
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3691539

This may help you diagnose the root cause... Lots of O-rings in that back cap/ bolt engine assembly... Gotta be one thats cut or rolled if they're all new.
Also check the 2 rear orings on that prop shaft...

Air leaks are 99.85% always an o-ring... any mechanical parts failing, and I'd imagine you'd have a velocity issue

Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:56 AM #6
toolshaq

Thought so too, but replaced ALL o rings twice! No change. will definitely try a 3rd time as o rings are cheap. My concern is that this seems to be a pretty common problem and i have seen little to no help from the PE folks thus far. Any suggestions on how to install o rings with out rolling them? And where might I find the "ask Bill" thread? Thanks for the help!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:17 AM #7
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

p8ntshoota is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntshoota works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntshoota owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Good morning...

I'm very sorry that you have not been able to reach us. I don't recall seeing any email regarding this issue. If you will be good enough to email me directly with your contact information I will be glad to assist you directly.

My contact information is: gerry.b@planeteclipse.com

I believe that if we can get you some replacement 20X2 O rings for your Valve Body then your issue may be resolved. I'm happy to mail them out to you.

Thank You

I Love that it takes longer to open a package for a repair on an Ego than it takes to actually fix the gun!

For the Love of Paintball....Use OILon the rammer!

If you THINK you're a Super Hero...You're NOT! SLIDE RIGHT!!!
p8ntshoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:40 AM #8
Vo1com
Wh4t

Vo1com owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I have heard that if your dwell is set to low, there is a safety feature built in to the solenoid which allows air to "leak" out the back of the marker so it will not cause the solenoid to blow. Try, increasing your dwell by a ms or 2.
Vo1com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM #9
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshaq View Post
I have been trying for some time to get some help from anyone including Planet Eclipse, their official tech here in Wisconsin, and lastly pm'd NickyT hoping for some help. Nothing...no callback from Boneyard Paintball and nothing from NickyT. Options with my first big scenario game this weekend? A) sell gun and buy something to use. B) drive 1.5 hrs to certified shop that doesn't call back. C) Again try to get somewhere with PE service, and possibly have to ship marker in, leaving me with no marker. or D) don't go to my first big game with all of my friends. With the clock running, option A looking like the only way to go. To bad because I did really enjoy this marker.
Apologies for the late check-in on this thread. As others have outlined I have been out of the office for the majority of the past 7 weeks. That aside, can you confirm if you are still in need of assistance or if your issues have been resolved?

Kindest regards,

Nicky T
Planet Eclipse

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote