PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-18-2004, 07:11 AM #1
Duke2002

has been a member for 10 years
Global Problems

This is our only forum to discuss problems that teams have with different tournaments. If teams are not getting what they deserve from any tournament then they should let everyone know. Global didn't have any problems taking the entrance fees for these tournaments. If a team wanted to enter a tournament, but they would not be able to pay the entrance fee months after, do you think that Global would let them enter. I dont think so. I think that they would still be laughing. This is a mess that Global doesnt seem to have the money to fix. I stopped by there store in Emmaus, and they had nothing in the store. When I say nothing I mean like 3 cheap guns on the wall. Alls I can say is good luck to the teams that are trying to get the prizes that are owed to them. BUT AS FOR ME, AFTER READING ALL OF THE PROBLEMS THAT TEAMS ARE HAVING I WON'T BE ENTERING ANY GLOBAL EVENTS THIS YEAR. And for the teams that do enter, information from others teams about what a tournament is like or if they actually give out the prizes, is important for them to make an intelligent decision whether or not they want to enter.

THANKS FOR THE INFO
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2004, 07:30 AM #2
Spikerz

Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I have to agree. After hearing all the issues, and seeing the lack of attention by promoters. I highly doubt our team will attend a GPL event this year, even though it would be a nice warm up to orlando.

Spike
Old 02-18-2004, 09:14 PM #3
CyndiP-GPI

Answer to Spikerz:
I am note sure what lack of attention you speak of. Every team has my phone and email address, but most people instead of calling chose to post of forums. We perfer personal attention over anonymous posting, exspecialy after we caught a few people posting prizes that their team received but the players never asked their teammates, or people who posted prizes they were owed when they never won them.

Anyway, Good Luck in Orlando.

Answer to all your questions Duke2002

[Q] Global didn't have any problems taking the entrance fees for these tournaments. If a team wanted to enter a tournament, but they would not be able to pay the entrance fee months after, do you think that Global would let them enter. I dont think so. I think that they would still be laughing

[A] I currently have 13 teams who played but have still not paid the entrance fee to this date.

[Q] I stopped by there store in Emmaus, and they had nothing in the store

[A] The store is being run by new people. People whos livelyhoods depend on the sucess of the store. In case you have not looked out your window lately there is snow, ice and very cold weather which impeads people from playing paintball in the winter. The guys running the store are being over cautions not to overstock items in the winter slow months.

[Q] Alls I can say is good luck to the teams that are trying to get the prizes that are owed to them

[A] 99% of all the prizes have been given out. There are a few people with gift certificates that we are waiting on them to place orders for what they want. We did have some problems with sponsors throughout the year, if you notice we bagged some sponsor at the end of the year. If you played the 6th event ALL prizes were given out that day like normal since we bagged the sponsors who stiffed us.

Cyndi
Old 02-21-2004, 08:23 PM #4
Dkwak

Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Just a quick note. Our team had the same concerns that all of the other teams had in regards to getting prizes. Never during the process did Cyndi or Brian ever say, "Sorry you're out of luck." In fact, Cyndi has worked very hard to get us what we won and even made substitutions when the sponsor didn't deliver.

Here is a complete list of all the stuff that GPL made sure we got:

Prizes Received

Thanks GPL!
10 2003 BKOs
10 Redz pod packs
10 CP barrels
14 sets of Redz squeegees kits
Shocker grease
5 barrel condoms
5 Redz squeegee kits
5 SMALL 32 degree gear bags
5 Green Halo B hoppers
5 Reds pod packs
30 140 rnd pods
10 cases 32 degree Team Colors paint

Prizes Still Owed: Currently being shipped
7 Black Dye sweat bands
5 Dye ATC black cleats
5 gold cup lubricant

So as you can see, although it has taken some extra time, Cyndi and Brian have made sure that we get (are getting) all of the prizes we have won. Keep in mind that the GPL still has some of the best competition for newer teams that want to get into some serious tournament experiment. Hope to see you all in 7-man!
www.pb-addicts.com
http://xpsutah.com/UXP/
1 of 1 Tsunami Gloss DM '11, Spekta Ego CSL, Pure 2 GSL
Old 02-23-2004, 01:58 AM #5
Violent-J
ENTER THE ZYLLAZONE

Violent-J is a Supporting Member
glad we got out when we did..... see ya'll at skyball, IAO and the cup.....

MY FEEDBACK = http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=a85666347819218eff95c0d7d7867b90& postid=6741458#post6741458
Old 02-23-2004, 03:27 PM #6
RMartin
I <3 My Arm Band

i dont really care who vouches or what wrongs have been righted. I wont be playing at global again, period.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:20 PM #7
Dkwak

Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dkwak owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Well that's what forums are for to voice your opinion and then people are left to do what they want. Inflict has a lot of respect for the teams we played against in '03, so I'm sorry to hear you and your team won't be back. Best of luck in the '04 season though, and maybe we'll see you at IAO or some other event.
www.pb-addicts.com
http://xpsutah.com/UXP/
1 of 1 Tsunami Gloss DM '11, Spekta Ego CSL, Pure 2 GSL
Old 02-25-2004, 02:56 PM #8
Duke2002

Did you see how fast I got a reply. Within 24 hours, so I guess that it does pay to put this information in a public forum. I do have to say that I was not accusing Global of anything. I was making an observation from the different post that I have seen. Global doesn't owe me anything, nor did I say that they did. It is possible that Global may have the best intention in the world and maybe their sponsors did stiff them. That kind of stuff happens all the time in paintball. And if the promoters of the Global tournaments no longer have anything to do with the store in Emmaus, then I guess that cant be used to judge what is really happening with the tournaments (although I have been to other paintball stores over the winter and their inventory was sad regardless of the weather). I guess that the reason I original made my post was because of the people complaining about the people complaining about Global. If someone has a problem they should post it, and if the problem is resolved then they should post that also. If no one returns their calls or email where else are they going to be able to voice their experiences so that other people know. WORD OF MOUTH IS ALWAYS THE BEST FORM OF ADVERTISING. What else can I say
Old 03-16-2004, 11:37 AM #9
oracle205

our prizes owed us

I really dont want to post . BUT I may have to soon. Joe Schleis -Team Ambush-
Old 03-22-2004, 09:51 PM #10
dr evil

well,my post got deleted.i waited for 6 months to get what was owed to me.BUT,i did get it.I heard a number of excuses,I cant say who i really believed and what was really going on.Only facts where,i was owed a prize and it took 6 months to actually get.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:14 AM #11
oracle205

Don't know the reason for the 2003 problems. I just received half of my prize. regardless, GPL has the best playing fields and the Refs truly put in a genuine effort to make the games run smoothly. Team Ambush will be at round #1. I believe in progress not perfection. Let us see what progress has to offer in 2004. Joe -team AMBUSH
Old 03-23-2004, 08:28 AM #12
CyndiP-GPI

We will admit that we had some major problems with the 2003 Sponsors. That is why the 2004 we have a Global Gurantee on Prizes for 2004 AND if you notice we have NEW Sponsors for the 2004 season. The Sponsors that we had problems with 2003 year are not sponsors for 2004. We have been working hard with the 2004 Sponsors since last year and each one is well aware of the issues that we had last year with sponsors and we have been assured that we will NOT have a repeat.

Feel free to check out our Global Gurantee of Prizes and feel free to email me at cpoole@enter.net if you have ANY concerns.