Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-01-2001, 11:55 PM #1
heliX
DECOY! DECOY!

has been a member for 10 years
Question

I've never actually seen one of these, so they either are a myth or are really uncommon. How big are they? I'm guessing too big =)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2001, 01:26 PM #2
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Cool

well, if you get your paint in the 2000 cases with 4 bags that is 500 rounds. Put that on top of your gun and that is how big a 500 round hopper is. the only way that I have ever heard of a 500 round hopper was personal creations.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 03-02-2001, 05:23 PM #3
urbunkered (Banned)

the biggest ive ever heard of is 300 but if u put 500 rounds on ur gun it would be way to heavy and way to big of a target
Old 03-10-2001, 10:58 PM #4
Jimbo
I once saw a 2,000 round VL. It was this razy guy who called himself "Robocop"... (I'll continue to discribe this mofo) I think he's nuts, he basically had a sniper rifle, it was a gun over 5 foot long, with a 20x zoom scope on it, and it was single shot (so why did he need a 2,000 round loader!?! like I said he's crazy)... oh ya he had a custom belt silencer that added about 11 inches to the damn thing. Then his back up he carried over his back on a sling, it was also custom made and was full auto with a gregular 200 VL loader...... He also wore a vest with 6 genades, and a another back up pistol stored on his leg. Then he finsished up his arsenal with full camo and more crap stored in a various asortment of pockets and baggies... Anyhow call him what you will, I just refer to this all as "overkill".

/me thinks that's a friggen big hopper...

Old 03-11-2001, 02:47 PM #5
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Cool 2000 round hopper?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
I once saw a 2,000 round VL. It was this razy guy who called himself "Robocop"... (I'll continue to discribe this mofo) I think he's nuts, he basically had a sniper rifle, it was a gun over 5 foot long, with a 20x zoom scope on it, and it was single shot (so why did he need a 2,000 round loader!?! like I said he's crazy)... oh ya he had a custom belt silencer that added about 11 inches to the damn thing. Then his back up he carried over his back on a sling, it was also custom made and was full auto with a gregular 200 VL loader...... He also wore a vest with 6 genades, and a another back up pistol stored on his leg. Then he finsished up his arsenal with full camo and more crap stored in a various asortment of pockets and baggies... Anyhow call him what you will, I just refer to this all as "overkill".

/me thinks that's a friggen big hopper...
I would have to see it to belive it. I couldn't imagine a case sitting on top of a gun. Especially, if you say VL made it. I know they use to make a VL2000 but that was the first motorized loader by them not a 2000 round loader.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 03-11-2001, 03:17 PM #6
Jimbo
Well, it wasn't the modified vertion of the electronic VL electronic loader. Anyways this was a long time ago, all I remember was the amazingness of holding a whole case atop your marker... Either way he's a fruit.

Old 03-11-2001, 04:27 PM #7
Budha
Paint Slüt

The only way you coudl come close to that is take one of those double sided european agitated loaders that have 2 sides on them. Then put a speed collar on each side, and put a speed pod in there, and keep it on there. That would give you around 410-420 rounds.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-11-2001, 07:22 PM #8
Jimbo
Eh, whatever I just know it was friggin big. And he stated that it had the capacity of 2,000 rounds. But I think it was home made.

Old 03-11-2001, 08:13 PM #9
Budha
Paint Slüt

How did it stay on the gun? NO elbow could hold that wight. No feed tube could hold that. 2k rounds is heavy to hold by it self. Let alone no gun could do it. I think you are full of crap.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:24 PM #10
Jimbo
HA! I have posted like 3 posts... and I'm already full.... damn I got a low capacity..... Anyways I'm fairly trustworthy. And I don't get my kicks out of lying on paintball forums.... Eh believe what you want, I just thought I would share something amazing with all you nice people.

Old 04-28-2001, 02:47 PM #11
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
Feedtubes are metal, so yes, they could hold the weight.
Old 04-29-2001, 12:22 AM #12
the ONE
im happy

accually i heard vl made these 2k hoopers that you would put on your back and it wuld be a tube or something to your gun
polished intenals... more to come
Old 04-29-2001, 02:01 PM #13
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

The only thing I have ever seen like that was a back pack that Pro Team Products was working on several years ago. It was never released just a prototype. I have seen something along the lines of a pack pack loader in a recent issue of PGI but there was nothing talking about it. Basicly a backpack style hopper is still several years off but since the warp feed introduction, I see this backpack idea comming. Maybe not for tournaments but for scenario and big games.

ESSAYONS

Old 05-13-2001, 01:57 PM #14
joshie450

joshie450 is a founding member
?

i thought this was a thread for 500rd hoppers?
Cobra Led #25 of 25 f/s and f/t
~Western Massacre~
e-mail-joshie450@aol.com
AIM-joshie450

the only place your sposed to wipe at a tourny is in the sandy can~oh yea
Old 05-13-2001, 04:58 PM #15
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
joshie450
If you ever notice, threads get sidetracked often.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:19 PM #16
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Yea sometimes treads don't end where they started but that doesn't mean it is off topic. The topic of this tread kind of changed from 500 round hoppers to Large quanity hoppers. I hope you weren't suprised that this happened.

ESSAYONS

Old 05-14-2001, 05:53 PM #17
Eagle

I saw 4-5 years ago 300 and 400 round revs.
Old 05-26-2001, 07:14 PM #18
lensman

A little loader history

ViewLoader made the 200 then motorized it and called it the VL2000. Then they came up with a 300 round version called the VL3000. That's the biggest I know of that VL has made. The VL3000 has been discontinued for quite awhile now.