Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 06-19-2014, 08:27 PM #22
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
2004 actually. That was actually back when I worked there.
Thanks... After some time back, I can't remember exactly when things made their debut. I seem to remember those fans being a bit loud and distracting though.
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2014, 08:28 PM #23
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib plays in the APPA D4 division
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Legendary
Nomahsib is Boss
Nomahsib supports DLX Technology
Awesome, I think I'll get VIOs when the visor is released. I really love how they feel on the face.

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:54 PM #24
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

Annual Supporting Member
taulce1 is BST Legit
Anyone want to speculate on the prices? I'm guessing $35 for the visor/fan. $20 for the fan and $15 for the visor assuming they can be purchased separately.

If you don't want the fan can you just get the visor guys? Just curious. I'll probably get both anyways just to try it out.

What kind of batteries will it use? Something like a watch battery or a AAA or AA? I hope it's a AA so I don't have to carry different types of batteries. 9v for my gun. AA for my Virtue Spire... ect.

What is the weight of the visor with and without the fan? I'm more curious as to the weight of the fan I suppose.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:07 PM #25
7paintball
Service at its best.

Mortal Kombat!
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:03 AM #26
tjboston5676

tjboston5676 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tjboston5676 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
will they only be available with black? i want a white or orange with cyan stripes
Old 06-20-2014, 09:11 AM #27
seaskimmer
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Dye came out with the battery straps and "shark fin" arm as purchased updates, and if memory serves back then no one *****ed one iota about it.
idk, I wasn't in the paintball game back then.
My point was, some of these upgrades are more like 'fixes' than actual upgrades. Even if the battery straps and shark fin arms were originally released as upgrades, they became standard on newer models. The spring ramp is still sold an optional accessory, but I think it should come standard considering it's almost necessary to get the last few balls out.

This new visor I can completely understand being sold as an upgrade because it has the integrated fan? It's not something you would expect to come standard. Still a very cool idea though. Any tests done yet?
seaskimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:49 AM #28
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
This was in the previous thread when it should have been posted here... all I'll add is that plenty of people have won tournaments without visors or spring ramps or speed feeds, etc. We take the position these items are optional. Obviously we reserve the right to include it in a special edition (like the RL loader with the SF, etc).

---
Our model is to charge money for things that are costly. If we add 30 thousand dollars plus 6months development to the goggle how much should the goggle price increase by to make that investment profitable? Remember, if you're running a business to just recover cost, you're running a business to go out of business. There's not only the issue of the actual cost but the opportunity that's lost where were not developing something else . The other big companies got that way initially with huge infusions of cash by rich people or investors. We have to be successful one product at a time - and we prefer it this way as it has its own strengths.

Virtue had seen companies run by players like us rise and fall. I can think of many others with good products that are out of business. It's not easy to say the least.

I definitely want to thank everyone for their support and even those that gripe the visor isn't included, etc I think your heart is in the right place. We always keep you guys in mind even if we can't do everything the way you'd like.

Virtue VIO Contour
Virtue VIO Extend
Virtue Spire 200
Virtue Spire 260

facebook.com/VirtuePaintball
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:07 AM #29
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB-ChristianW View Post
This was in the previous thread when it should have been posted here... all I'll add is that plenty of people have won tournaments without visors or spring ramps or speed feeds, etc. We take the position these items are optional. Obviously we reserve the right to include it in a special edition (like the RL loader with the SF, etc). --- Our model is to charge money for things that are costly. If we add 30 thousand dollars plus 6months development to the goggle how much should the goggle price increase by to make that investment profitable? Remember, if you're running a business to just recover cost, you're running a business to go out of business. There's not only the issue of the actual cost but the opportunity that's lost where were not developing something else . The other big companies got that way initially with huge infusions of cash by rich people or investors. We have to be successful one product at a time - and we prefer it this way as it has its own strengths. Virtue had seen companies run by players like us rise and fall. I can think of many others with good products that are out of business. It's not easy to say the least. I definitely want to thank everyone for their support and even those that gripe the visor isn't included, etc I think your heart is in the right place. We always keep you guys in mind even if we can't do everything the way you'd like.
You guys rock keep it up!
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:11 PM #30
BMJoker

has been a member for 10 years
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
BMJoker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BMJoker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
This was in the previous thread when it should have been posted here... all I'll add is that plenty of people have won tournaments without visors or spring ramps or speed feeds, etc. We take the position these items are optional. Obviously we reserve the right to include it in a special edition (like the RL loader with the SF, etc).

---
Our model is to charge money for things that are costly. If we add 30 thousand dollars plus 6months development to the goggle how much should the goggle price increase by to make that investment profitable? Remember, if you're running a business to just recover cost, you're running a business to go out of business. There's not only the issue of the actual cost but the opportunity that's lost where were not developing something else . The other big companies got that way initially with huge infusions of cash by rich people or investors. We have to be successful one product at a time - and we prefer it this way as it has its own strengths.

Virtue had seen companies run by players like us rise and fall. I can think of many others with good products that are out of business. It's not easy to say the least.

I definitely want to thank everyone for their support and even those that gripe the visor isn't included, etc I think your heart is in the right place. We always keep you guys in mind even if we can't do everything the way you'd like.
I just became a fan based upon your willingness to tell a community full of people who think they are owed something how a business actually works.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:05 PM #31
warrior24
Team Rival

warrior24 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I just want to know where and when to buy. Put me down for a Visor, extended chin guard, & Strapless podpack.
warrior24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:52 PM #32
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
So what are the chances of a white visor with red stripes, or red with white stripes?
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:15 PM #33
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
Fan. Wow. Amazing, thank you in advance, will be purchasing

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 PM #34
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
So what are the chances of a white visor with red stripes, or red with white stripes?

50/50

Virtue VIO Contour
Virtue VIO Extend
Virtue Spire 200
Virtue Spire 260

facebook.com/VirtuePaintball
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:38 PM #35
taulce1
Juston Taul Photography

Annual Supporting Member
taulce1 is BST Legit
Quote:
50/50
Haha. I see what you did there.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:38 AM #36
Fly'n Brian

The new visor, if made in FDE with OD trim would look great with say, an FDE Vio, with OD trim.

When they get around to being made that is.
Fly'n Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:32 AM #37
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
They compliment the mask very well. Looking forward to it.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:22 AM #38
Gadget
HQPB.ORG

Gadget is a founding member
Gadget is All In
Had been holding off on getting the Vios as I love my visors, can't wait for these to be released!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:43 PM #39
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
This will be the first time I'd be wearing a mask with a visor in over 10 years.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:21 AM #40
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Accents on the visor look good
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:45 AM #41
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
I'm a massive fan of Virtue products but not got around to buying a VIO - simply because my Grills are a great size for my head.. and not seen a VIO on the field to try out for size.

The visor is a great idea!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:33 AM #42
PaintMasterFlex

PaintMasterFlex is playing at Living Legends VII
Does the fan blow on your forehead or the lens? If it's the forehead, I'm defiantly buying one.
PaintMasterFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.