Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-18-2014, 12:40 AM #1
Ackon

Leaning out the boundary line

What do you consider of players if they lean outside the boundary lines.

The players feet are still insider the boundary however they lean outside the boundary lines to get a shot.

Just a discussion i had with another player i shot out, while leaning outside the boundary line. In my opinion, like basketball/football (american) as long as the feet is still inside, it should count. However the players i shot, felt it was cheating because they felt i shouldn't be able to that.

The field, had a wood pallet and it sits perpendicular to the boundary line. The other players thought, i could only come only pop out over the top or side (in the field).

So to the referees, Would you consider the player leaning out as he eliminated himself? Or would you say its fair game.
Ackon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2014, 07:56 AM #2
Apollo Burning

Apollo Burning owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apollo Burning plays in the APPA D4 division
Does your field mark boundaries with a tape line? If so, you should not be allowed to shoot across the tape line to mark an opposing player. If not, well then it's hard to call what is "out of play" unless it's established before hand that you are not allowed to shoot from that side of the structure.

Last edited by Apollo Burning : 07-16-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Apollo Burning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:04 PM #3
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Consider other sports with boundary lines. Football and basketball are the best examples. If a player leans over the line, but no part of them touches the ground out side of the line nor touches the line themselves, they are not out of bounds.

We typically enforce it as their feet have to touch the line to be considered out-of-bounds at the PSP.
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote