PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 PM #1
Vikingpaint

Azodin KP pump/cocking issues

Hello everyone,

I just received a used azodin kp (I was told it's been in storage for two years). I think it may be pre 2011? I am new to pumps, just really wanted to try one and found the most affordable deal (if it works lol) on eBay. This guy seems to be in great condition. Looks to have all the parts, but when I pump the marker back (with or without air/co2) the bolt just slides back forward without any real pressure. I assume it is supposed to cock back and wait for a trigger pull just like my regular kaos does. When I screwed in my co2 it made that small gas up noise and did not leak.

I did notice two things however:

1.The manual shows a bolt that has thinner section near the middle, mine looks just like my azodin kaos bolt, same diameter the length of the bolt.

2.The front screw holding in the trigger frame seems "loose." I use this term because it doesn't seem fully screwed in but I can't tighten it any further. But when both front and back are screwed in the trigger frame is tight and looks flush with the body.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm really hoping to get an opportunity to try this marker this weekend.

Thanks a bunch,

DTW
Vikingpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Yes, it is suppose to be able to move forward with ease. In fact, part of the pump stroke is to pump back, then pull forward before pulling the trigger. There is a slot in the striker that allows the bolt pin to move forward while the striker itself is still held back by the sear.

Can't comment on the bolt itself. Maybe post a pic of it when you get a chance? Really, it shouldn't matter as long as there is enough room for a ball to drop (yup, there is a funny in there somewhere ) into the breach.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

Forgot to comment about the screw issue (......sounds like a personal problem ).

The front frame screw is a "hidden" screw in that it gets screwed into the marker body first, then the frame has a cavity that the head of the screw slides into. Once the head of the screw is in, you can tighten down the back one then the front one. The threading in the front hole doesn't go all the way through (since it would then be into the valve area and cause a massive leak) and it doesn't need to be as deep as the shaft length of the screw since there is a good thickness of metal that is suppose to be between the base of the head and the frame surface.
WOW!! That whole thing could be taking in an entirely different direction if the subject wasn't about a paintball marker .
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 06-17-2014, 10:35 PM #4
Vikingpaint

Lol good one. I'll take a look again and take some pics. But when I screwed in the co2 and pumped it then attempted to fire, nothing happened. But thanks a ton for the info on how it generally works. I'll have a better understanding of what I'm looking at.

Also I would take it to a pro shop (you guys are my only hope) but none here. Stationed in Fairbanks, AK. Lol no official fields either ><

Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 PM #5
Vikingpaint

Woohoo! Got it! Thanks! There is a groove on the topside of the ram-thingy (so technical!) and the pin was going though the bolt but was catching in the edge of the ram and not setting in the groove. Now it dry fires just fine. Much appreciated, super excited to give another azodin product a try and play pump for the first time.

Thanks again!

DTW
Old 06-17-2014, 11:36 PM #6
Vikingpaint

By the way the bolt I saw in the manual looks very similar to the Techt Hush bolt. While what I have in the kp and kaos are the standard azodin stock bolt. Either way it works and I'm a happy camper.

Thanks again,

DTW
Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 AM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingpaint View Post
Woohoo! Got it! Thanks! There is a groove on the topside of the ram-thingy (so technical!) and the pin was going though the bolt but was catching in the edge of the ram and not setting in the groove. Now it dry fires just fine. Much appreciated, super excited to give another azodin product a try and play pump for the first time.

Thanks again!

DTW
Yup. No problem.

Glad you got it all worked out.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:59 PM #8
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

AzodinTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
Many of the Pre-2011 KP markers came with a stock Kaos bolt. The muffle percussion bolt was added to the KPII when it was launched in 2011. I'm glad to hear you were able to get the marker to shoot. If you need any parts or advice feel free to contact us on here (pm is a good way to get in touch with us) or email us at tech@azodin.com.

-Ed
909-468-3600
AzodinTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:13 PM #9
Vikingpaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzodinTech View Post
Many of the Pre-2011 KP markers came with a stock Kaos bolt. The muffle percussion bolt was added to the KPII when it was launched in 2011. I'm glad to hear you were able to get the marker to shoot. If you need any parts or advice feel free to contact us on here (pm is a good way to get in touch with us) or email us at tech@azodin.com.

-Ed
Thanks for the offfer Ed. I had some other options when looking for a used pump marker. I decided to go with an Azodin KP due to affordabilty, quality, and of course the awesome customer service which I have seen on post after post on PBN. I appreciate you guys being around - got me back into sport and now I addicted all over again lol.

Thanks again,

DTW
Old 06-22-2014, 01:24 AM #10
jrit06

jrit06 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jrit06 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Vikingpaint
jrit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:37 PM #11
jrit06

jrit06 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego