Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-13-2014, 11:20 PM #1
magfed_rabbit

Question List of most durable magfed markers?

Anyone wanna share life experiences for the most durable paintball magfed gun? Seems like the 468 and tgr2 are a close tie?
magfed_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2014, 02:06 AM #2
frince101
SAS Versace

frince101 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frince101 plays in the APPA D5 division
frince101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
frince101 supports Empire
mk3
frince101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:50 PM #3
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
My DAM has been rock solid.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:30 PM #4
magfed_rabbit

Anyone got customized pics of those guns the DAM is wayyyyyy out of my price range lol
Old 06-14-2014, 06:31 PM #5
magfed_rabbit

I seen a video of the m17 on YouTube a guy slipped and fell and broke the grip on it, to where he had to replace the lower section of the marker
Old 06-21-2014, 10:23 AM #6
marceestrass

The T15 ive heard is pretty sturdy. It looks rock solid.
marceestrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:42 PM #7
moosehead38
Cpt. Rooster

moosehead38 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by magfed_rabbit View Post
I seen a video of the m17 on YouTube a guy slipped and fell and broke the grip on it, to where he had to replace the lower section of the marker
I wouldn't base the whole opinion on the incident of blasianmane. the first rushed line of milsigs had some faulty grips and magwells. i think everything they make now is up to par
Old 06-22-2014, 08:48 AM #8
magfed_rabbit

I am probably going with the 468 yea rap4 don't have the best history but it looks like they r changing it in a good way plus the price of magazines overall that's a kicker I don't wanna get a gun and the accessories be expensive as well thanks guys
Old 06-24-2014, 05:42 AM #9
M13logic

Quote:
I'd like to poke in and ask if it was the CQC model: the one made of metal-structure-polymer.

My friend "shoveled" mud with his XDC (all alluminium) and it continued on strong for the rest of the 10 minute game. It hasn't been given much rest since he got it (lots and lots of scratches) but it's performed flawlessly for him with regular maintenance.
M13logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:07 AM #10
magfed_rabbit

Yea it was the cqc one,
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 AM #11
PartizanF

Quote:
I am probably going with the 468 yea rap4 don't have the best history but it looks like they r changing it in a good way plus the price of magazines overall that's a kicker I don't wanna get a gun and the accessories be expensive as well thanks guys
That is not good idea. Rap4 468 full of problems.First strike rounds flips up after 2-nd shot!Why???Mystery!!!And if you use regular 0.68 balls , two of them will stuck in lower reciever.Seems like d-mag spring is too week.
PartizanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 AM #12
magfed_rabbit

Hmm I didn't know that thanks for the input, I wonder why?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:35 AM #13
magfed_rabbit

Didn't Omar say that 2 balls will stay in lower receiver to prevent them from falling out when you swap mags, some magfed fed guns when you swap mags some balls will fallout
Old 06-27-2014, 12:58 AM #14
PartizanF

Thumbs down

Quote:
Didn't Omar say that 2 balls will stay in lower receiver to prevent them from falling out when you swap mags, some magfed fed guns when you swap mags some balls will fallout
So if i use 20 bls d-mag in fact i have 8 bls from both side of d-mag!Not good.And what about first strike.
PartizanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:21 AM #15
Drenlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
My DAM has been rock solid.

I agree. At Oklahoma D-Day when diving into a trench my marker slammed into the ground hard enough to snap my after market forward grip in half. However my Dye DAM was fine. I had to slide the plate on the bottom of the magazine back in to place but outside of that and some dirt it is completely fine.
Drenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:46 AM #16
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends VII
Shocker_Monkey has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead38 View Post
I wouldn't base the whole opinion on the incident of blasianmane. the first rushed line of milsigs had some faulty grips and magwells. i think everything they make now is up to par
I happened to talk to Doug from Milsig Direct at Living Legends. I wanted to thank you for rushing a new M17 CQC frame to me since mine was broken in the box. He mentioned that they are continually improving the manufacturing and assembly processes for the guns, specifically the polymer parts on the CQC. So situations like this really shouldn't be occurring any more. Now keep in mind, a bunch of the parts are still plastic and if you hit the ground hard enough even metal frames can get damaged. So you can expect its possible with plastics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M13logic View Post
I'd like to poke in and ask if it was the CQC model: the one made of metal-structure-polymer.

My friend "shoveled" mud with his XDC (all alluminium) and it continued on strong for the rest of the 10 minute game. It hasn't been given much rest since he got it (lots and lots of scratches) but it's performed flawlessly for him with regular maintenance.
The upgrade to all metal parts with the XDC brings a long a big bump in "survivability" of the gun. While at LL7 and a weekend of hard open play, my CQC never faltered. So I can imagine that the XDC would be that much more robust.

==========================================
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Lots of Intimidator Parts F/S
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:16 AM #17
Chumin8er

Chumin8er has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Chumin8er has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know the M17 CQC is polymer, but it's still a pretty good platform. I really think a lot of the issues people are seeing with them are stemming from Milsig's QC and their rush to production. It's not like the guys won't have you fixed up pronto if you run into an issue.

If you want an all metal, I personally like the Tiberius 9.1 until the T15 comes out. The TGR1 & 2s are really solid too. Or you can go with the M17 XDC, these are just the new guys on the market.

Great Old Mainstays -
468 - tons of friends have these and swear by them, and Rap4's CS department has gone through a huge revamp, I've heard some really good things recently.
MK kits on Tippmann's - These are all metal with usually metal and/or delrin internal. Not a lot of break on these, and they are fairly easy to work on in the field.

Hope that helps!
Chumin8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:18 AM #18
Chumin8er

Chumin8er has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Chumin8er has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sorry, and don't forget about Carmatech and the SAR-12. Their new Nylon Body is going to make this a much easier gun to field for a long game.
Chumin8er is offline   Reply With Quote