Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2014, 08:37 PM #1
Meest00gt

DP G3 will not fire

Alright so, as the title says, the marker will not fire. This has been my first time trying to air it up. Everything aired up just fine, no leaks whatsoever. Before airing up the marker, I went through and greased/oiled all parts as stated in the manual.

The marker does have some mods: the Techt bolt, and a virtue bolt.

When I power up the marker with air connected, the light flashes blue, showing that the eyes are on, and there is a ball in chamber. Upon pulling the trigger, I hear the electronic click of the board, but the marker fails to fire. We took it all apart to double check some things but could not see a problem.. Also, we tried a new 9V battery to see if that was the problem, but no luck.

I bought this marker used, so I don't know a ton about it. As such, I'm turning to you guys on here to see if you can help me out.

Thanks for any and all help.
Meest00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2014, 08:55 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Just a simple thing that can be overlooked........do you actually have the regulator turned up enough to get air flow?
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:01 PM #3
Meest00gt

I had adjusted the reg a few times to see if that was the issue, I never tried to go fully 'out' as I was thinking that wouldn't make sense since the techt bolt shouldn't require it to be. Some searching shows the solenoid being a possible problem, how common is this?

I'm also seeing something about pushing the solenoid forward/up (or some other similar comment), but I'm not sure exactly what to try/do. Are there any other things that jump out as a possible cause?

At this current time, the marker is apart in pieces in front of me. Taking a look at the solenoid, and everything else. So if there is anything else to look for specifically, let me know. When I get it back together, maybe I'll try to turn the reg up fully and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply, as always. It helps having the feedback.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:35 PM #4
Meest00gt

So, did some messing around with the marker, got it back together and aired it up. There was some luck, the marker made a slight noise like it was firing, but did not sound like it was getting full velocity. After only a few "shots" it stopped again.

After this, noticed the solenoid was extremely quiet, really could not hear an audible click as you normally do. After we removed all air from the marker, and took off the regulator to inspect it, the solenoid was making its usual click. Does anyone have any ideas on this? This was tried a few times, and once the marker has air in it, the solenoid refuses to click.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:42 PM #5
CA_Tectonics

You may have to get in there and service the solenoid. The piston in the noid may be stuck.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 06-04-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:09 AM #6
Meest00gt

How hard should it feel to take the piston out or put it back in? The solenoid was apart and lubricated as best as possible, but I'm just not sure as I haven't had to do this before.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:23 AM #7
CA_Tectonics

If you had already done so, then you should be good - depending on how much lube you used.

Backing up a second here....when you fire, is there any puffs of air coming from the breach area or grip frame?

Assuming the noid is fine, you may just have bolt stick. What lube are you using? How much are you using? How easy does the bolt head slide in and out of the boltstop on the TechT engine? Another possibility is an o-ring fitment issue or the breach o-ring needs replacing.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:08 AM #8
Meest00gt

The lubricant used on the bolt is planet eclipse silicon lubricant. Maybe the o-ring is the culprit? I suppose maybe try swapping that out.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 PM #9
blazerjuggalo

blazerjuggalo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blazerjuggalo supports Empire
As said above too much lube can cause big problems and cause it not to fire i would take the noid back apart and lightly grease it and the bolt
blazerjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41 AM #10
Vandal54

I just spent the last month or so trying to fix a g3 I bought from someone who left it in storage. The solenoid would click just fine, but as soon as I adjusted the pressure higher on the reg, it would stop clicking and all I could hear was the faint electronic beep of the board. Highest FPS I could get to was 130 before it quit. I took it apart over a dozen times, replaced battery and all o-rings, checked reg shims, serviced the solenoid, everything I could think of. Then one day I swapped out the stock reg for a CP one I had laying around and it worked like a charm. If you have an extra regulator, try swapping them before you start messing around with the solenoid. It's easy to do and you'll save a ton of time if it works.
Vandal54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:03 PM #11
Meest00gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal54 View Post
I just spent the last month or so trying to fix a g3 I bought from someone who left it in storage. The solenoid would click just fine, but as soon as I adjusted the pressure higher on the reg, it would stop clicking and all I could hear was the faint electronic beep of the board. Highest FPS I could get to was 130 before it quit. I took it apart over a dozen times, replaced battery and all o-rings, checked reg shims, serviced the solenoid, everything I could think of. Then one day I swapped out the stock reg for a CP one I had laying around and it worked like a charm. If you have an extra regulator, try swapping them before you start messing around with the solenoid. It's easy to do and you'll save a ton of time if it works.
Interesting, I wish I had another reg to test that out. Unfortunately I'm getting kind of desperate, as there is the Giant Game this weekend near the Twin Cities in MN. I am on the fence about possibly picking up a different marker, then working on this one and making it a backup if we are able to get it running. Not an ideal situation, but a backup isn't a bad thing I suppose..