Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 06-03-2014, 09:13 PM #64
cg admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Funny story about that. They gave me admin powers, and never taught me how to use any of it. I have no idea how to contact anyone who can teach me.

Not that it matters, though. That forum has maybe 10 active posters these days. It's not anything that needs moderation. I'm just the "safety net" of sorts. Too bad I don't actually know howto do anything if things go down.

Anyhow, I'm sure that you can understand why this new company has me skeptical. Hopefully, they'll manage this forum better than the other one.
I recognize your username. I am happy to help you out with anything you need on the other forum. I will look at the site tomorrow and see what I can do to help.
cg admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2014, 09:15 PM #65
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
...More importantly, I am sure some of you have suggestions on how VerticalScope can improve PbNation...
John
Yes implement these:

Sold Post icon -
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3974373

PbNation App update (add android) - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3918141
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4076966

Also what's going to happen to their "paintballforum.com" property? I've never heard of that website. Pbnation has 10 times the number of users and 24 times the number of current users at the time of this posting.

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 06-03-2014 at 09:20 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:15 PM #66
BONUSBALL3R
One Nation D4 EPL!

BONUSBALL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BONUSBALL3R plays in the APPA D5 division
Bring back the sidebar. lol, I don't even know what the sidebar was but I know people wanted it back
(Yes I'm number 57 because I like Chad George!)
BONUSBALL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM #67
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg admin View Post
I recognize your username. I am happy to help you out with anything you need on the other forum. I will look at the site tomorrow and see what I can do to help.
I appreciate it! feel free to shoot me a PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:24 PM #68
bigb1015
Tusks Out

bigb1015 plays in the PSP
bigb1015 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
one thing I hate is when using the website on a phone/mobile device when you click a dialogue box to type something, the keyboard repeatedly disappears causing you to click random things if typing fast

anyone else have this issue?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:49 PM #69
Kaolinite
+-----------+

A online calendar that promotes paintball events both nationally and regionally.

Event promoters can post event dates for players to see in there respected region. Event promoters can use this tool to avoid conflicting dates. This tool would let Players know where to play, what weekend and who to talk too.

The system could integrate into a larger national calendar, even global. PBN is the largest paintball forum online, use this advantage to help promote the sport, keep everyone organized and generate traffic to the site.

MISSION PAINTBALL CLUB
Kaolinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:12 PM #70
jellyghost

Please make it easier to post pictures, and please get rid of the 30 sec delay between searches.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:15 PM #71
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Please make it easier to post pictures, and please get rid of the 30 sec delay between searches.
posting pictures here is no different than any other forum that I have used. In what way would you make it easier?
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:24 PM #72
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheckphoto View Post
make the forum compatible with tapatalk or get an android app
This!!!
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:26 PM #73
Hannibal
Legacy

has been a member for 10 years
Hannibal plays in the PSP
Hannibal plays in the MiLP
Hannibal plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Hey All!

A little late to the party, I just got back from being away a few days. John is on it in regards to answering your questions so far so I will try not to duplicate the answers. If you have questions please do post them, I will do my best to answer them.

Glad to see there is a familiar face from Pirate as well.
I have too many hobbies Phil lol.
Absolute Chaos
HKArmy
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:40 PM #74
cg admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I have too many hobbies Phil lol.
Clearly all the expensive ones.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:46 PM #75
Iowa
Shooting ropes at dopes

Annual Supporting Member
Iowa is BST Legit
Iowa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
I'll remain optimistic until I see otherwise. This can be a great opportunity for an enhanced site that we already love. And since you asked for feedback (and the troubleshooting area gets 0 attention)......

Mobile app support X1000! It's the future, it's the now, and it needs help. I paid for the iOS app and loved it, until my Pm's stopped getting a notification. For someone who bst's a lot that's a big let down. Plus the users should be easily and readily connected.

Also, about a year ago Facebook bst blew up. I couldn't figure out why at first because it lacked the feedback that in my opinion was critical to making good deals on high end equipment on PBN. Then it hit me, Facebook bst is visual. Make the bst like shopping in a store, have them click for more details. Boom, you can get a lot of your bst activity back(cuz I know you've lost a ton of it). And yes, it's gotta be easier to post photos.

Paintball needs a great website to keep us connected. To the new owners, make sure you are responsible for making this website THE place to go for paintball players everywhere.

My 2 cents.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 PM #76
Hannibal
Legacy

Hannibal plays in the PSP
Hannibal plays in the MiLP
Hannibal plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Clearly all the expensive ones.
You wouldn't happen to be a admin on any BMW coupe forums by chance as well? Lol.
Absolute Chaos
HKArmy
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 PM #77
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post

Also what's going to happen to their "paintballforum.com" property? I've never heard of that website. Pbnation has 10 times the number of users and 24 times the number of current users at the time of this posting.

They are going to keep it. Despite the small amount of posters, they're still making money from it. Several people were interested in buying it, but they weren't interested in selling.

Before it was bought by VS it had a decent amount of traffic. But they have done nothing with the site for several years until the past few months when they added a "sponsors" forum.
sirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:58 PM #78
HiMom
BennyBoom

Annual Supporting Member
HiMom is BST Legit
HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
HiMom plays in the APPA D2 division
HiMom has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
HiMom is All In
I would like to continue to see money raised for worthy causes. I'm pretty sure everyone here is itching to help out a good cause and receive awesome badges in return.

-Benny
HiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:04 PM #79
cg admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
You wouldn't happen to be a admin on any BMW coupe forums by chance as well? Lol.
Not a site I am personally familiar with.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM #80
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviox View Post
Is VS into promoting websites? Or advertising? I've never heard of the organization.
Thank you for the sig love. No clue when I said that but I am not surprised and I'm sure it was warranted.

Just hit the Eastside of the LBC on a mission trying to find Mr. Warren G.

DIRTLIFE REUNION TOUR - If you got a obscure (and cheap) tournament, we'll ****in be there.
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:10 PM #81
cg admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX View Post
They are going to keep it. Despite the small amount of posters, they're still making money from it. Several people were interested in buying it, but they weren't interested in selling.

Before it was bought by VS it had a decent amount of traffic. But they have done nothing with the site for several years until the past few months when they added a "sponsors" forum.
I have not been with VS since the very start but I have been here a while. I have worked on and off with PBF and as long as I have been on there it has not been as busy as was described in the past. It does have a good core group of followers and hopefully it will continue to grow.

My focus right this moment is working with you all on here. I am in contact with the admin on PBF as well.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:00 AM #82
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Deviox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deviox plays in the APPA beginner division
Deviox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Deviox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Thank you for the sig love. No clue when I said that but I am not surprised and I'm sure it was warranted.
I want to say it was on a Hk Army KLR thread.

If you have questions about this sport, PM me!
"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Limited Edition Dynasty Draco Luxe 2.0

Embers Darted Ego 11
Deviox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:16 AM #83
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!

Annual Supporting Member
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Wow, I'm actually already sick of all the advertising changes I've noticed today. if there is another ****ing pop up... #aggravatedPbNr
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:21 AM #84
UnrealS7
Get Some!

Annual Supporting Member
UnrealS7 is BST Legit
UnrealS7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UnrealS7 supports Team VICIOUS
UnrealS7 supports Team VICIOUS
UnrealS7 supports DLX Technology
UnrealS7 supports Empire
Don't change anything...I like the feedback system and everything just the way it is. Only concern now is what about my existing subscriptions to bst legit and asm status??? Because they were linked to crowd gather? What should we do about that or is it already transferred over?

Luxe Mob

UnrealS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.