PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2014, 01:17 PM #1
toolshaq

toolshaq owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
toolshaq has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etha Internal Upgrades?

So I went out on a limb and bought a used Etha/rotor combo for a steal. For the most part I like the gun, but will definitely be upgrading to a violent series trigger. What I am looking for is some advice on any internal upgrades. Mostly the bolt and spring system. I also have to get the springless poppet. Have a Freak barrel set so I have that part covered. After shooting a few Axes/Minis/ExtcYs...the Etha does feel like a bit of a jackhammer. I am thinking a bolt upgrade will help a lot, but can't find much other than the TechT MRT bolts. I heard they were having issues with them when they first came out. Have these problems been fixed? Are there any other good options out there? Lastly...I was flipping thru paintball websites one day and came across a bolt/rear cap assembly for either the Etha or Etek that allows you to adjust your velocity at the rear cap like an Axe or a mini. Can't find it now! Has anybody else seen or used it? Thanks again, any input will be greatly appreciated.
toolshaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 PM #2
tr50n3

tr50n3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
tr50n3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Mine was awful when the spring got squashed, the spare spring lasted ...well it didn't definitely claim that springless poppet asap.

Edit : Pretty sure there is no velocity adjustment at the back cap on an etha
tr50n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:23 AM #3
toolshaq

Gun shoots fine right now. I know there is no velocity adj. on the Etha, the part I was talking about was an aftermarket part and I am not sure if it was for the Etha or the Etek. Since I have both I am trying to find out if anyone else has seen this product. Still looking for real world upgrade help!...Anyone?
Old 06-06-2014, 03:59 PM #4
Apewar

anything aftermarket for the Etha is not really an upgrade from what I have read. The trigger still has side to side play and the tech bolt needs to be babied in order to produce some of the results as far as I remember.

The marker is entry level and performs very well for its price range imo.
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:56 PM #5
SilentBall55

Mine was first gen with a spring but now just sits in a box in the closet. I hate the ping it made from each shot.

Hope someday some aftermarket thing can eliminate it completely.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:37 PM #6
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think that backcap must have been for old Eteks. Why not just adjust velocity through the reg like normal?

EVERYONE I know who has used a Techt bolt in their Etha has had problems. Planet Eclipse made the bolt titanium for a reason (titanium is denser, but also much more expensive than aluminum).
Old 06-10-2014, 02:35 PM #7
l26

l26 is playing at Living Legends VII
l26 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
l26 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
l26 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The first thing to do is to change to a springless poppet system, since the etha's had problems with this, to get gone simply e-mail planet eclipse and they should send you one at a little cost.

In regards to upgrading furthermore the bolt system, its honestly just not worth it, the etha was never made to be a smooth shooting gun, imo its not worth spending the money to try upgrading the internals to get a smooth gun, its made to be reliable and durable, you might aswell purchase a another gun. its made to be reliable and durable.
l26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:03 AM #8
tr50n3

tr50n3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
tr50n3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yep. I get a slightly smoother shot by running my velocity 270 - 280 fps pushing it to 299 makes it kick more and I had problems with evil paint.
tr50n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:34 AM #9
toolshaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
I think that backcap must have been for old Eteks. Why not just adjust velocity through the reg like normal?

EVERYONE I know who has used a Techt bolt in their Etha has had problems. Planet Eclipse made the bolt titanium for a reason (titanium is denser, but also much more expensive than aluminum).
Just looking for another level of adjustment. Allows me to turn velocity all the way up at back cap and then turn my reg down. Tuned both of my Minis this way and am shooting 280-290 at 160 psi all day long. like to shoot empire premium so like my guns to be as gentle as possible on fragile paint.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM #10
toolshaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by l26 View Post
The first thing to do is to change to a springless poppet system, since the etha's had problems with this, to get gone simply e-mail planet eclipse and they should send you one at a little cost.

In regards to upgrading furthermore the bolt system, its honestly just not worth it, the etha was never made to be a smooth shooting gun, imo its not worth spending the money to try upgrading the internals to get a smooth gun, its made to be reliable and durable, you might aswell purchase a another gun. its made to be reliable and durable.

Yep, just got my springless poppet in the mail last week. Going to install and play with it this weekend. Have plenty of guns, want to fine tune all of them as best as possible.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:25 PM #11
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
Mine was first gen with a spring but now just sits in a box in the closet. I hate the ping it made from each shot.

Hope someday some aftermarket thing can eliminate it completely.
If you'd be willing to let it go quite cheap I can give you some play cash lol.

I myself am thinking about snagging an Etha for tourny play. Its a hard toss up when for the price I can snag a used Ego7.

Good to hear that if I go the Etha route to stay away from the TechT bolt.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote